Had that BSG feel to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had that BSG feel to it

Destiny comes under attack by a robotic enemy....it fights bravely but its outnumbered and its FTL goes offline.

There DOOMED

UNTIL

A similar ship comes out of FTL and saves the day.

That reminded me of when Galactica was outnumbered by cylons and its FTL had gone off line, when Pegasus, a ship of similar design, jumped in and saved the day.

All that was missing in the space battle of this episode was the sound of beating drums

Im probably the only one who thought of that though.

f the seed ship is destroyed in the next ep then yes your righ
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
      Destiny comes under attack by a robotic enemy....it fights bravely but its outnumbered and its FTL goes offline.

There DOOMED

UNTIL

A similar ship comes out of FTL and saves the day.

That reminded me of when Galactica was outnumbered by cylons and its FTL had gone off line, when Pegasus, a ship of similar design, jumped in and saved the day.

All that was missing in the space battle of this episode was the sound of beating drums

OH MY GOD!

YOUR RIGHT - and that scene where young talked to rush was just like that scene where adama talked to apollo! *sarcasm*

Comment

I was going to post something snarky but I won't.

Comment

If they don't destroy it in the next episode, the seed ship could become a sort of Pegasus.
          It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
          -Dexter-

Comment

Of course it reminded you as BSG. As the forum agreed months everything started with BSG
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

well i believe it does have a similar feel, although unlike most people, i consider it a compliment, not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                f the seed ship is destroyed in the next ep then yes your righ
                How do you figure that? Pegasus was kept around for quite some time as I recall. I'm currently re-watching so if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Of course the seed ship has to be destroyed in the next episode...if its not, or at least if the Ursini dont abscond with it after the battle, then they can use its power reserves to dial Earth, and obviously that can't happen.

I agree with someone else's prediction that Chloe programmed the seed ship to kamikaze into the drone command ship. That neatly ends the battle as well as cleans up that loose end, and explains why Chloe would have said "its too late" - not for Destiny, but for the Ursini on board the seed ship whom she just doomed.

Comment

Actually I thought of Han Solo turning up on the original death star run to save Luke and when The Enterprise E came in and saved the day in First Contact, but thats just me.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The whole episode was a poor man's BSG!!! robotic drones out to kill the crew? you're right all that was missing were the drums and the occasional "Frack". It's clear the writers, producers etc have no idea where they're going with this show, i say just end it now before it becomes a parody of every Sci Fi show we've ever seen. I say this as a fan of stargate, but universe is not a stargate show, it's just nothing, it's a show about nothing with the stargate name slapped on it. I mean we're one and a half seasons in and nothing has happenned!!!! a few people have died they'be been to a couple of planets, they've communicated with Earth far too much. Face it this show is a turkey! if it doesn't get cancelled not only will i be surprised but dissapointed because it means the future for sci fi shows on TV is bleak if this is all they can come up with!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                        *snip*robotic drones out to kill the crew?*snip*
                        It was never stated that the drone were robotic.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                          It was never stated that the drone were robotic.
                          Of course they are controlled by some sort of AI.

1. There under control from a Control Ship.
                          2. How could a crew survive in those ships? They are meant to combat the enemy, and once destroyed, become dormant. Perhaps there is a creature in there which goes into stasis, but that's unlikely. After all the brown aliens said they found them dormant as well which led to their conflict. I believe it is highly implied the ships are robots.

Now all we need in the next episode is for Telford to say "Thank You", to the seeder ship before its destruction. It will probably be sacrificed for the survival of Destiny.

Comment

Of course they are controlled by some sort of AI.

1. There under control from a Control Ship.
                            2. How could a crew survive in those ships? They are meant to combat the enemy, and once destroyed, become dormant. Perhaps there is a creature in there which goes into stasis, but that's unlikely. After all the brown aliens said they found them dormant as well which led to their conflict. I believe it is highly implied the ships are robots.

Now all we need in the next episode is for Telford to say "Thank You", to the seeder ship before its destruction. It will probably be sacrificed for the survival of Destiny.
                            My computer will start a virus scan when it determines that I downloaded a corrupt file. That doesn't mean it's robotic. Just that it can determine one of it's programming criteria has been met and it needs to do something about it. All it is is an automated program. Nothing "AI" about that.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                              My computer will start a virus scan when it determines that I downloaded a corrupt file. That doesn't mean it's robotic. Just that it can determine one of it's programming criteria has been met and it needs to do something about it. All it is is an automated program. Nothing "AI" about that.
                              It doesn't need an AI to be a Robot. After all the drones used in Afghanistan can be considered Robots even though they don't control themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X