Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploration of Destiny....... HURRY UP!!! GEEZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploration of Destiny....... HURRY UP!!! GEEZ!

So for 1.5 seasons i've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more information about the destiny. Some of the things I'm interested in....

Is there an Armory? Every ship worth it's salt has some place where they store guns. Obviously the Ancients don't mind a little fire power, they equiped destiny with several weapon systems... why not some firearms!

Where's the Caffeteria? if you make a ship that size that has all those crew quarters... you gotta feed them somehow?!

We know they addressed the Bathroom question (kinda) in a Kino Feed. Cudos to the writers for that one.

Why doesn't anyone on the crew want to explore more? they all sit in on tiny area and just hang out. Gads I'd be all over that ship. what's up in the nose area?

We know there are shuttles... but does Destiny have any other vehicles? something that might fit through the Gate? Fighters? Bikes?

What about supplies? A ship that size with that many crew... they had to pack stuff for a long journey? extra clothes mabey? I mean... let's get Eli a new shirt for crying out loud. At least some laundry so he can wash that thing.

Of course all this is in fun but it does make you think.

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
    Is there an Armory? Every ship worth it's salt has some place where they store guns. Obviously the Ancients don't mind a little fire power, they equiped destiny with several weapon systems... why not some firearms!
    I too wanna see the armory. I doubt we'll see it any time soon though. Maybe season 3?
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

keep in mind we hardly explored the city of Atlantis either
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

True, pretty weak going by an apparently inquisitive race...

We know there the bridge is as well now so why hasnt someone pulled up an internal schematic and had a look thru the contents list...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          keep in mind we hardly explored the city of Atlantis either
          I don't know about that. We saw a lot of Atlantis being explored on screen. I think every season had at least one episode where they stumbled on some part of Atlantis they didn't know was there, even near the end when it started getting a bit ridiculous that they were still discovering new secret labs or submerged control rooms and whatnot.

I'm assuming we haven't seen as much dedicated episodes to this as in SGA precisely because they did it that much with SGA and they want to do something different. In SGU they of course have the justification that they have very little manpower to spend as it is on the actual pressing matters.
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

We know there is an armory, a galley, a mess hall, meeting hall, observation deck, and now hydroponics bay..

Comment

we got the dome working...

Comment

And they are constantly stating that areas of the ship are damaged or dangerous.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by cheezegr8r View Post
                  So for 1.5 seasons i've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more information about the destiny. Some of the things I'm interested in....

Where's the Caffeteria? if you make a ship that size that has all those crew quarters... you gotta feed them somehow?!

We know they addressed the Bathroom question (kinda) in a Kino Feed. Cudos to the writers for that one.

Why doesn't anyone on the crew want to explore more? they all sit in on tiny area and just hang out. Gads I'd be all over that ship. what's up in the nose area?

We know there are shuttles... but does Destiny have any other vehicles? something that might fit through the Gate? Fighters? Bikes?

What about supplies? A ship that size with that many crew... they had to pack stuff for a long journey? extra clothes mabey? I mean... let's get Eli a new shirt for crying out loud. At least some laundry so he can wash that thing.

Of course all this is in fun but it does make you think.
                  Frankly while its fun do discover such things, I don't care much about those things. In the sense that there's nothing to hurry up on that angle. We should discover new things when it fit the stories and to introduce fun stuff. But I'm curious to know where they will be going with the Avatar thing with Rush or the sentience of the Destiny. Faster and more development on those storylines would be much welcome.
                  Last edited by Commander Zelix; 01 December 2010, 08:06 AM.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    And they are constantly stating that areas of the ship are damaged or dangerous.
                    Yeah, we know there are a few space suits that they could go wondering about in..

What they really need is some sort of automated system that could go anywhere on the ship, bit like a MALP from the SG1/SGA days...

Oooooh, hang on a second..

Comment

There is something that I wonder, since first episodes. They have got bathrooms, but a washing machine? They always took their clothes off, before taking shower, it must have been very dirty. And how did they washed their teeth? But that question isn't connected with the exploration of Destiny, so... laundry?
                      I'm still learning English, and I would be delighted if someone would write me a message or an email. Feel free to correct my posts, spelling and/or grammar, and sentences that don't make sense. School-English just isn't the same. I try not to use the dictionary at every turn, so it's highly likely I'll be making stupid mistakes here and there. Thank you for your patience, and....

Allons-y Alonzo!!!
                      (something I always wanted to say)

Comment

IIRC a few eps showed clothes hanging on lines being dried.. maybe the same 'shower' facility was used to wash the clothes.

Comment

Working...
                        X