This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gift (118) spoilers

So we finally find out where the wraith orignated from. And teyla has the wraith gene and telepathic abilities which back fire on atlantis. This episodes going to be brilliant

And the Wraith evolvle because of the Ancients?!?! I have always been a firm believer that the Wraith were indiginous to the Pegasus and the galaxy was void of life because of the Wraith when the Ancients arrived, perhaps I was wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
      And the Wraith evolvle because of the Ancients?!?! I have always been a firm believer that the Wraith were indiginous to the Pegasus and the galaxy was void of life because of the Wraith when the Ancients arrived, perhaps I was wrong?
      Unfortunately it seems like you're wrong.

Comment

I don't see the ancients building a race that would kick them in the can. It's affirmitive that they had a hand in it but maybe it was a side effect to something else or a project gone horrible wrong? I guess we'll seeeeeeee

Comment

The weird thing about the spoilers mentioned for "the gift" is that they directly contradict what was initially stated by the ancient lady in Episode 1.

IE the speech about "Then one day our people stepped foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own."

Umm how the hell could a species create another species and not know they had done it?

The whole of the revealed spoilers for "the gift" simply reeks of revisionism.

And dd78 - part of the speech I mentioned actually states that the pegasus galaxy was devoid of life. "In the hope of spreading new life in a galaxy where their appeared to be none. Soon the new life grew, prospered. "

Comment

Let's just wait and see before we get all worked up

I should be able to see it within a few days, and I look forward to analyzing with you all.

Comment

Going on the theories of Wraith origins...
              I always wondered if the Wraith looked different before they fed on humans/Ancients? They could have evolved to a point where we are now their sole source of food, and maybe started to take on humanoid features. How else could the Keeper ('Rising') look so much like Hillary Swank?

Comment

IMO the wraith evloved as result of
                Spoiler:
                the life creating device mentioned in spoilers for Threads
                but won't have to wait long.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It could have been that the Wraith originally fed on something else but the Ancients mucked up their society somehow. The Wraith then turned on the Ancients/humans and found them quite tasty.

Looking forward to seeing what sort of ride TPTB are deciding to take us on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well Ill let you all know in like 5 hours

Comment

I look forward to it.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                        And dd78 - part of the speech I mentioned actually states that the pegasus galaxy was devoid of life. "In the hope of spreading new life in a galaxy where their appeared to be none. Soon the new life grew, prospered. "
                        Ya, thats why i just assumed they were around before the Ancietns got to Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                          Ya, thats why i just assumed they were around before the Ancietns got to Pegasus.
                          Maybe they were around before the ancients came but they evolved due to ancients interference with the environment.

Comment

LOL, I liked the comment about the keeper looking like Hillary Swank. That was funny. Anyway, if it were a choice about where the Wraith came from, I would guess it was a project and/or experiment that went horribly wrong as it seems the Ancients have a bit of history of certain projects/experiments gone wrong. The time device in "Window of Opportunity" just to name one.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                              The weird thing about the spoilers mentioned for "the gift" is that they directly contradict what was initially stated by the ancient lady in Episode 1.

IE the speech about "Then one day our people stepped foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own."

Umm how the hell could a species create another species and not know they had done it?
                              I don't know... How can a species create vast changes in lower life forms inadvertantly and thus causing mutations that are far reaching and dangerous? I mean it isn't like anybody could do that to the best of OUR knowledge after all... Look, next time you wonder how they could have created the wraith by some kind of an accident or side effect from their own technology and technological advancement just think about our own planet with our limited technology and what we've done in creating scary africanized bees (I hate that name) or frogs with multiple legs (not that they're dangerous or anything just they make me jealous cause I can't dance now very well as it is and they have an advantage, of course you know that at least two of their feet are left so it all evens out). The Ancients are like a type 3 or type 2 society (Read Micho Kaku's hyperspace) and we're a type 0 on the verge of type 1 but with the people we have in our highest offices we'll never get there. ANYWAY... If you consider how advanced they are they could be responsible for causing the changes that lead to the wraiths by some strange side effect of their technology but the writers will have to do this VERY VERY WELL... Look, the wraiths can't be done in another way cause something as strange as the wraiths could never be done naturally. They'd have to develop from some sick twist of fate and more than likely some external intervention.

The whole of the revealed spoilers for "the gift" simply reeks of revisionism.

Ummm..... Well, also think about how advanced the Ancients are and how arrogant they'd also be likely to be, so if there were a bunch of bugs and slugs and stuff in the galaxy they wouldn't think of it as life as far as they were concerned. They'd only be concerned with life of the sentient and advanced kind. they in other words might think , "oooo, gau'uld.... Well at least that's something." as opposed to "Hey, look at the cows!" Look at it this way, the people in the movie weren't so concerned with the big space cow with a drewling problem till they saw he had a harness, and the ancients are even more advanced so probably even more arrogant.

Comment

Working...
                              X