Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else get the feeling that....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else get the feeling that....

Okay so I know this was not the way the episode ended up, but did anyone else get the feeling throughout the episode that the deaths were being caused by them remembering 'too much'?

First you've got Eli chatting with the one woman, and the moment he asks her about the obelisk she starts gushing blood and dies. And then Camille is hypnotizing the one guy, and as he starts to remember everything, he dies.

They went completely the other direction with the subsequent deaths, but it was just something I found a bit too coincidental.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I think it was intentionally written like that to distract viewers from what was actually happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Okay so I know this was not the way the episode ended up, but did anyone else get the feeling throughout the episode that the deaths were being caused by them remembering 'too much'?

First you've got Eli chatting with the one woman, and the moment he asks her about the obelisk she starts gushing blood and dies. And then Camille is hypnotizing the one guy, and as he starts to remember everything, he dies.

They went completely the other direction with the subsequent deaths, but it was just something I found a bit too coincidental.
      Thats what I thought until the other deaths. Coincidentally the one guy they hypnotized first was the one person who died before everybody else.
      I thought it was because they were told what had happened, but I think they just died in the order they died before

Comment

Yes i thought of it too but thats not the reason since couple of them died in there sleep and weren't questioned.

Comment

Indeed, when the woman died I thought it was because she thought of something to do with the obelisk. I very much thought they were dying off so something would be kept hidden.

Comment

it's always eli's fault
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes, until they discovered the woman sitting in her room with all the wounded skin. Then it became obvious that this was out of their control.

Comment

so is BAG dead too?

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  so is BAG dead too?
                  It would seem so, since all of that group died.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    It would seem so, since all of that group died.
                    aww, sad Thanksgiving

Comment

I think no matter what happened they would have died. Caine said he was already dead, he had figured it out. What's interesting to me is why bring them back to the ship?
                      SGU fangirl

Comment

BAG never dies.

His body may die, but that's not important. His essence will live on forever.

Comment

I really do not think that he is dead, everyone else is but i really think he will live.

from the Keno you can see he is still alive when the light appears, you DONT actually see him dying. He noticed the bright white light appear.

I think he sticks around

Comment

That was exactly the feeling I got. Some peculiarity of the way the aliens reanimated them meant that they had to wipe their memories as well because if they remembered their own death their minds/bodies would reject the reanimation somehow and they'd die again.

Why else would they erase their memories as well.

It seemed like once the whole notion of some of them dropping dead started to get around they all probably started dwelling on it and thinking about their time on the planet excessively and this caused them to eventually remember their own deaths.

I'll admit though, I initially thought that they broke into the obelisk looking for food/shelter, pissed off the aliens and had kill switches put in their heads in case the mind wipe failed after they were forcibly evicted across two galaxies.

That woman's brain leaked out her ears the minute Eli mentioned the obelisk afterall.

Comment

That was exactly the feeling I got. Some peculiarity of the way the aliens reanimated them meant that they had to wipe their memories as well because if they remembered their own death their minds/bodies would reject the reanimation somehow and they'd die again.
                              it appears that Caine is the only person with the Faith necessary to accept his death. the other people, i believe, simply couldn't handle the thought. how would you feel if you're suddenly reincarnated.

i think the Aliens didn't really intend them to die. they wanted to allow them a goodbye, but our digging screwed that up.

it reminds me of the Orpheus story: he gets his woman from the Underworld, but isn't allowed to look back during their ascent to the normal world. if he does, she disappears. guess what he did.

it's what happened in the episode. the Crew "looked back" into the "underworld" and subsequently, they "disappeared "

That woman's brain leaked out her ears the minute Eli mentioned the obelisk afterall.
                              i personally felt there was something in the Lake

Comment

Working...
                              X