Greer,Scott,TJ and Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greer,Scott,TJ and Young

Is it just me or has the nature of the relationship between Greer, Scott, TJ and Young changed a bit since the series started?

I note that in the initial 3-parter, Greer, Scott, and TJ seemed like a very close unit, like they had been through a lot of stuff together, and were kind of bonded before they ended up on Destiny. Like the three of them were best friends or something.

Somewhere around halfway through the season, that just kind of changed to Greer and Scott being really close, and TJ just kinda' being this chick they knew. It doesn't feel like they grew apart, it just seems like the staff decided to throw that concept out, or retcon it away or whatever. I'm wondering if that's just me.

I find it interesting that TJ is probably the most isolated member of the crew - she's, as I said, somewhat more distant from Scott and Greer than in the initial episodes, there's a wall between her and Young, she's lost her baby and maybe (but probably not) her mind. More than anyone else on the ship, she's alone.
    Sincerely,

Kevin Long
    (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
    http://www.kevin-long.com

Originally posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
    Is it just me or has the nature of the relationship between Greer, Scott, TJ and Young changed a bit since the series started?

I note that in the initial 3-parter, Greer, Scott, and TJ seemed like a very close unit, like they had been through a lot of stuff together, and were kind of bonded before they ended up on Destiny. Like the three of them were best friends or something.

Somewhere around halfway through the season, that just kind of changed to Greer and Scott being really close, and TJ just kinda' being this chick they knew. It doesn't feel like they grew apart, it just seems like the staff decided to throw that concept out, or retcon it away or whatever. I'm wondering if that's just me.

I find it interesting that TJ is probably the most isolated member of the crew - she's, as I said, somewhat more distant from Scott and Greer than in the initial episodes, there's a wall between her and Young, she's lost her baby and maybe (but probably not) her mind. More than anyone else on the ship, she's alone.
    I don't think TJ is the most isolated. She has lots or relationships/friendships on the ship. Greer, though, only seems to have close bonds with Young and Scott, and of those two Scott is the only one whom he appears to regularly hang around. Of course since this show almost never shows what Greer does with himself when he's off duty, perhaps that's the reason it appears he hasn't formed any friendships.

I too used to think Greer and TJ had a good friendship not only based upon some early eps but based upon the Kino clip in which Eli's flying kino interrupted Greer, TJ and Scott's good ol' time get-together in the mess hall (the Kino clip in which Greer told Eli he would use the knio to spy on him "from the inside"). However a short time later in the episode "Water" TJ was very blunt about her not trusting Greer. That suggested to me they weren't good friends after all, just colleagues who work together and sometimes share the same mess hall table.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
      I don't think TJ is the most isolated. She has lots or relationships/friendships on the ship. Greer, though, only seems to have close bonds with Young and Scott, and of those two Scott is the only one whom he appears to regularly hang around. Of course since this show almost never shows what Greer does with himself when he's off duty, perhaps that's the reason it appears he hasn't formed any friendships.

I too used to think Greer and TJ had a good friendship not only based upon some early eps but based upon the Kino clip in which Eli's flying kino interrupted Greer, TJ and Scott's good ol' time get-together in the mess hall (the Kino clip in which Greer told Eli he would use the knio to spy on him "from the inside"). However a short time later in the episode "Water" TJ was very blunt about her not trusting Greer. That suggested to me they weren't good friends after all, just colleagues who work together and sometimes share the same mess hall table.
      Probably character erosion, or just a change in the backstory to make everyone a little more dysfunctional. Definitely seemed to be an initial "We three are a team" thing, but that disappeared quickly.

I think Greer's lack of friends was mostly because everyone was afraid of him.
      Sincerely,

Kevin Long
      (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
      http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Comment

I think Greer's lack of friends was mostly because everyone was afraid of him.

Comment

Working...
          X