Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would Be Happening in Ori controlled Space Now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would Be Happening in Ori controlled Space Now ?

I don't recall any explanation of the events after SG1 dealt with them at the conclusion of "The Ark of Truth." It just... well, ended.

How would all the silly peons who worshipped them handle their supposed Gods suddenly vanishing ? Some would continue to worship others would invent new Gods. I think civil war would erupt.

Was SG1's lesson the galaxy was better without religion ?

The resistance to the Ori was starting to get pretty large. I suspect those people will lead their brethren, who either could not see the light or refused to see their gods for who they were. I do wonder what will happen with the Priors though. Maybe the Doci will gather all the Priors and they will just meditate on the meaning of existence. Maybe, one of them might ascend...

Comment

i think that would be fair assumption but i don't know how the priors could ascend without the help of someone like oma desala or evolve further and they are not evlved enough yet or else the prior sg1 kiilled would have ascended and since there are no ascended beings in the ori galaxy they probably wouldt ascend
      sigpic

Comment

One thing is for sure: the Ori aren't around anymore to stop them from ascending. The Priors just need to get themselves in the proper state to ascend, which they can do through deep concentration or mediation.

Remember it was from Anubis's clone that the SGC was able to develop anit-prior devices. These work equally well on Priors and on Adria. Seeing how Anubis's clone was close to ascending and Adria actually ascended, I would say the Priors' physiological evolution is approaching ascension. Sure, they needed the Ori to evolve that far, but I don't think they need the help of an ascended being for the final step. The Doci can lead them in meditation.

Comment

Anarchy I would assume. There'd be those though that would probably hold on to the idea that the Ori aren't really gone because "Gods can't die."

Comment

i think they'll continue origin in a fashion similar to our beliefs. IE, not zealous and murdering people for not believing

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i think they'll continue origin in a fashion similar to our beliefs. IE, not zealous and murdering people for not believing
              I don't know about that because there are still plenty of people in all religions here that still practice in the old ways.

Comment

SG-1's lesson was the galaxy was better off without FALSE gods. Aliens posing as gods and using their technology to convince people they were a "higher power" was the huge issue here. Didn't really have anything to do with religion. The Goa'uld and the Ori were just po'ed that the leaders of Earth were not stupid enough to fall for the magic tricks and not naive enough to think they were real gods.

Comment

Working...
                X