This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attack on Earth and the SGU story

So we've been getting all this chatter about the possible attack on Earth from members of the Lucian Alliance. While Homeworld Command has been trying to get as much information out of the prisoners as possible, we as the viewers have really only viewed this as a minor part of the SGU plot.

So I got thinking... What if the writers were to pull out the whole "destruction of earth" card to see how our characters would react to it?

Of course there would have to be a solution to this, a fix, because we can't just have the entire earth gone for good, so maybe this is where the Destiny's mission could come into it. If Rush is right and there is power and what not behind the "code" then after a year or two of earth being destroyed, hey presto, we get it back, as well as the crew getting home.

I know it's a bit of a fan wank, but hey, I'm getting over the stones, they've pretty much exhausted what they can do with them, and in the interest of further character drama and story development, I think blowing earth to bits would be alright. Perhaps we could have the Hammond or the Phoneix survive and have them as a milky way b-plot.

It would certainly change the show.
    Meh.

And me that thought they were setting up the next Stargate series with that 'Earth under attack' scenario....
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

and then the earth fleet is seaching for a new earth as the old earth is destroyed....

Comment

Smells too much like Enterprise or BSG.

I think the "earth under attack" just gives us a reason to not kill the LA people or dump them on a planet every time they cause any drama on ship.

Tim

Comment

I think a 'Earth under attack' Stargate series would be pretty cool.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I concur, we have five ships (Possibly more now) Not including Atlantis. That's enough for a descent end of days stargate series.

Comment

i won't mind a "stargate: Armageddon" series or movie

Comment

On a related note... what series name would you give it for one which focused on nothing more than say just our fleet of ships heading out to quell enemies... (like say the LA became as bad as the gou'ald, and with our having Atlantis here, that gives the wraith time to power back up AND they come to this galaxy..

Comment

Stargate: Daedalus (Because all our ships are Daedalus class vessels)

Comment

i cant be like you said jsut presto an earth back, but ye great idea, atlantis and the daedalus class ships could survive and go to the alpha site, and restart earth .

They could also use a solar flare to go back in time and warn earth about how the attack happens. Then ride another flare back to the future (what a film lol had to get that in).
                    ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

You can't just undo the destruction of the Earth. The only way I can imagine this happening would be if there was say a three-episode story arc involving the destruction of Earth, a time-travel plot, and the destruction of the Destiny in the past. Imagine...

Part 1: The Lucian Alliance manage to detonate Earth's sun. Atlantis and Earth's starships escape the supernova, but Earth is wiped off the map.

Part 2: The crew of Destiny decide to turn the ship around and fly back to what was once Earth's solar system. In time, the crew have children, grandchildren... Destiny becomes a generational ship. Centuries or millennia later, the ship returns to what was once Earth's solar system with a few of the original crew in cryo-stasis such as Rush and Eli.

Part 3: Destiny travels back in time to save the Earth. General O'Neill, Colonel Carter, and everyone else involved with the Stargate Program think that Destiny returned to Earth; but then they find out the ship is from the distant future. By the end of part three, the ship is critically damaged from a vast space battle. Out of weapons, the ship is forced to make a collision run with the last surviving warship in orbit, saving the Earth. Meanwhile, in a distant corner of the unkown universe, the Destiny crew are completely unaware of what their future selves and descendets did.

Walla, there's your end of the world story complete with reset.

Comment

I reckon it would be better if somehow the stones/stonebox on Earth were destroyed in the attack. That leaves the crew of Destiny not knowing the outcome, and not knowing for sure if they have a home to go to.

Comment

On a related note... what series name would you give it for one which focused on nothing more than say just our fleet of ships heading out to quell enemies... (like say the LA became as bad as the gou'ald, and with our having Atlantis here, that gives the wraith time to power back up AND they come to this galaxy..
                          Stargate: Fleets?
                          Stargate: Galaxy

Comment

It's Stargate, I think they should keep a focus on traveling through the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              I reckon it would be better if somehow the stones/stonebox on Earth were destroyed in the attack. That leaves the crew of Destiny not knowing the outcome, and not knowing for sure if they have a home to go to.
                              That would be very interesting to explore...

Comment

Working...
                              X