Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny's True Mission vs Stargate Seeding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-N-Z
    I don't understand one thing, if these gates don't have that much power like gates in MW/Pegasus, why do they still have all 9 chevrons ? They build it with all chevrons, so there must be way to dial back to Earth or anywhere else.
    I suppose it would be interesting if other combinations of 9 chevrons did something interesting besides opening wormholes.

Comment

Maybe cause the ancients felt might as welldo so, just in case later we decide to upgrade them..

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
        There is a purpose for the stargates being where they are next to resuplying the crew and the ship. The gates have to do something when the ship is at its destination, is my guess
        Ahhh... now that is interesting. we've seen in SG-1 where all the gates have an update system and could all be dialed simultaneously. what we don't know is are the seederships traveling in a straight line along destiny's course kinda of laying a line of gates or are they distributing them around the various galaxies they travel to?

Having a string of gates worked in SGA to create a highway between Atlantis and earth with a way station in the middle. mabey the various gate ships are programmed to stop a certain intervals to act like way stations. that might explain the ship that talford got stuck on. it has massive amounts of energy on it. so much that they though they could use it to dial home!

hmmmm... very intersting.

Comment

The ancients wanted to know what was at the end of the universe or whatever they called it.

It's easy to assume that this whole idea was a endless never ending story as there could easily be no end at all towards it.

This made sending out destiny without gate ships a complete pointless idea. Specially as those things would probably cost massive amounts of resources and time to be created.

So it makes sense that destiny true mission isn't to go towards the end of the universe but rather make it possible to connect the ancients with other more remote area's and expand there own knowledge. For study or maybe even to find locations of life or materials that the ancients could help in there daily lifes. ( why do we send ships into space? because we want to learn ). It's also good possible as atlantis already showcased this, that they where trying to find a good replacement for earth when the wrath would find ever find them or assault them in the milky way. Which made seeding galaxy's with gates a good solution if not a needed solution. ( as destiny got launched from earth, it was for them a safe haven from the wrath galaxy, it could very well be that they searched for a better galaxy then ours to move towards ).

Also then there is the following thing. Destiny is equipped with guns. This also means that the ancients where afraid of the destiny being attacked and also needed a solution to defend itself. What if the gate seeder ships that are pushed forwards not only where there to push gates into planets for study and connection with destiny. But maybe they where also far bigger war equiped war ships to scout out for destiny if a trajection is safe to pass through and relay that information towards destiny.

Also if the ancients wanted to push towards the end of the universe, it's possible that they calculated on what they thought on how long it would take before it would hit it. It's good possible that they calculated a number on how long it would take before destiny would catch up with the seeder ships, if destiny is faster then the seeder ships to start with. That number would probably be insanely big as still after 10.000 of years ( if i remember correctly ) it never catched up towards them. If that number would be lower then 10.000 years destiny would pretty much join the seeder ships.

It's good to say then that the seeder ships are just as fast as destiny or even faster because of this.

I'm also unsure if the seeder ships really need a lot of time to push gates forwards. It's good possible that they come out of there hyperspace and launch the gates onto the worlds automatically with own self rockets ( the gates are tiny space ships itself ). It could very well be that they analize the enviroment in hyperspace already and push gates on planets that are worth it. Think about going out of hyperspace + launch + goes into hyperspace again ( like a 20 seconds solution ).

But those ships also needs to gather resources to create those gates, but how long / how that exactly is going to work i dunno. It could be that the ship will just dive into a star like destiny and push all the materials from that star into there stocking pile and get the materials needed once every 10 years or whatever. Which could be safe to assume as destiny also does this with energy.

I dunno the amount of seeder ships they pushed forwards, but the moment there are not enough of them, or ships are shot down or mallfunctioning there wouldn't be a way to get gates on planets anymore to seed for destiny to reach.

So either it's safe to assume that after destiny got so much damage already, and gates are stil placed. it's a solid idea that they sended out a ton of those ships and destiny could be a ship that is launched like a 1000 years later when they realized that the universe was bigger then they originally aspected to get a way to close the gap gate wise.

But another thing is interesting.

The aliens that track destiny seems to be incredible interested in it. Why would they? didn't already ships way earlier pass that thrown gates on there worlds? where they not developed yet enough to find these ships or see them or couldn't they track them in that time.

So when destiny passed they had a chance to understand more of what is going on around them, and took it by chasing it.

But the moment they see aliens, the only thing they want is to fight. Now that could pretty much be the way they live but it could also mean that the ships ( gate ships ) could have attacked them prior towards destiny moved past it. Which makes the gate / seeder ships more a scout solution more valid. But why does destiny still get tracked and chased by aliens which the seeder ships should have encountered earlier.

etc etc gona sleep now tho.

Comment

Maybe the pasing OF the seed ships prompted those blue aliens to build ships, so when they finally got them built they discovered the Destiny following, and decided to latch onto it, to learn of why...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Maybe the pasing OF the seed ships prompted those blue aliens to build ships, so when they finally got them built they discovered the Destiny following, and decided to latch onto it, to learn of why...
              or they were terrified that the seed ships were paving the way for an alien invasion and thought that Destiny was the first of the enemy fleet to arrive.

Comment

That's a good possibility.

Comment

I can't remember the exact communications and information from the series anymore. Because i got a terrible long term memory.

But from what i noticed was that the aliens did started with surrender or something like that the moment they tried to communicate or whatever else.

Also did they know what there language is or the destiny knew the language of them.

This means there has to be some kind of learning process between those ships and that species.

Now that the species are hostile directly from the start and also start to abduct them and try to change them or whatever. It's safe to assume that there has been something going on with those ships and there world(s).

It's also possible for them to keep up with destiny as long as they track it. This means they are advanced.

So basically, there needs to be a reason why they think that destiny is hostile directly from the get go and not friends.

Now it could be that the seeder ships also war ships could have had a battle with them, one of the ships got lost or destroyed a planet or did something hostile by accident or whatever. And they found the tracking signal on it towards destiny.

But if you watched season 2 a bit further down, they introduced a new species ( will call species 2 ) but also those robot androids that wipes everything out they find and even the ancient destiny struggles to do much against them alone.

Why would they introduce a new species that get wiped out by those droids, it's there to make those droids stand out more as a main villain. They also clearly stated that they could prevent destiny from recharging and refueling there crew. So they are technology more advanced or atleast equal.

It's good possible that those first species also got attacked by those droids and think that the people on destiny ( when they noticed it and passed by it ) could be there command ship. ( because why not right? it's not like there is anybody else out there )

It could very well be that they think the human species is there with robots and high advance mothership trying to clean out everybody and anything for populations because they kill everything and place gates on worlds. Which directly makes them aggressive against the destiny and anybody on it.

It could also mean that maybe like the other species there entire species has been whiped out and that's all there is left of them.

This also explains why they try to study those humans and want to get the destiny controlled in order to maybe stop it or make it there own technology.

I'm not to sure how it ends with the droids or that species in general. I believe it stopped them trying to outrun the droids towards another star system.

It's good possible after this that the show intended to go more into the droids as new type of replicators that would harras them everywhere.

It could also be that they would halted those droids clean the entire show up and would restart all over again in the new system.

Because from what i readed from what they wanted to do after the ending was simple not clear yet. They where busy with building a story on what happens in the 3 years they would travel through the star systems, but where stuck on the fact they had to push action into a new season opening.

So my conclusion basically is:

1) the hostile aliens are whiped out by the droids or attacked and search a way to kill them off find there command center, or simple try to survive and adapt other species towards there gen code in order to push there species forwards or whatever else ( kinda like cloning of the asgard ). Either way they wanted to win and dominate.

2) the droids are the main villans

3) destiny will be like lost a series that simple never has a ending builded from the start, and they could just go on until it was cancelled without giving it a real ending, and at the time that they needed to make one when the series ended it wouldn't matter anyway anymore.

It could very well be a similator or whatever else junk they can think off to see if you where capable to descent in pure energy like the ancients where. Who knows.

Comment

Hi. I'm from Mexico. I do not have much practice in English but I understand quite well, so excuse me if I'm wrong in my grammar.
                    I was interested in the post and I would like to create a timeline based on what I understand watching the series (seeing it for the fifth time), adding expeculaciones-theories-wishes. It did not include dates because sometimes mistaken in their estimates counted in millions and millennia and thus expose my point of view.

- The Alteran and Ori are divided by philosophical issues. I assume that at this point were already a species with advanced technology and already there were some good and bad acends living in the same galaxy.
                    - The Alteran decide to move to the Milky Way where for several thousand years thrive culturally and technologically. Perhaps the good acends went with them and there was more during this time.
                    - The hidden message mentioned in stargate universe (which as I understand is only one sign that there is an intelligence behind the bing bang and the creation of the universe) is discovered, planters stargates ships are created and sent to other galaxies with objective, as I understand, of extrablecer stargates in habitable planets, explore the universe, look for more signs or fragments of this "message."
                    - The ship Destiny is created and sent to collect and analyze the data obtained by the stargate seeders. Hence follows a route that helps you come across are ships at certain points along the way and to consider what might be considered interesting tracks or other pieces of that "message." His speed is slow, maybe not so much for their technologies limitations but by the need for the destiny ship and seedships need time to put the doors, collect the material to continue creating and placing doors and analyze planets, systems and data and "breaks" to not overload or force the systems.
                    - In the Milky Way, the Alteran form an alliance with Knox, The Asgard (who's not forget also have gates in your galaxy) and Fullings to share knowledge. My theory was that there is a division of thinking between Fullings (which are from another galaxy, but had colonies in our galaxy) and had different ideas about the so-called "message" to others and decided to leave the alliance and get into their own affairs. Much later they decide the destiny track and find out what obtained. For me were blue extratterestres. While the Asgard are dedicated to research your clonic degeneration. Knox retreat to their own more focused in his expiritual growth that mundane things. For me they are a kind of ascended with mortal body.
                    - The Ori (those who have already acend) discovered in that galaxy are the alteran and send a biological weapon that creates a pandemic in the Milky Way. The Alteran begin to die.
                    - The people of the city-ship Atlantis Pegasus decide to emigrate to see that they are losing the war against the pandemic. Some alteran stay. The Goaguls are taking guests and appropriating technology left behind by the Alteran.
                    - The Alteran left in the Milky Way are practically extinct or promoted and create the weapon Dakara to repopulate the Milky Way. This was explained in chapter Anubis Threat. What few remaining no longer form a society because they are only a few and are exparcidos by different planets, besides losing to the growing threat goaul.
                    - Meanwhile in Pegasus the alteran lose the war against the wraith, they leave Atlantis and return to the Milky Way. As Morgana say, those who survived the plague are perhaps no more than a dozen, plus perhaps some 100 who returned from Atlantis spread throughout the galaxy rather than rebuild their society.
                    - They spend hundreds, perhaps thousands of years and Merlin has to this point has already risen decide to take a deadly form and preprararse to destroy the Ori.
                    - In Pegasus they survive some alter that or acendieron or physiology was not sufficiently advanced to have powers or climb and were the ancestors of humans that we see when we meet Teyla and Ronon to.As happened in the Ori galaxy, some alteran remained normal humans and were subdued by the already ascended
                    - And there're good and know what happens, movies and series of this wonderful world.

Like several of here I think the gates have a target beyond serving to supply the crew of the Destiny. As I mentioned, stargate ships seeders analyzed the planets and placed gates in planes that could hold or develop life and also sought evidence of that message, that intelligence behind the Bing Bang, and were also explorers as llanus said. As some of you think the system could be used to return doors to the Milky Way from the limits of the galaxy or any galaxy. If you recall, the system doors are called each other to compensate for the expanción the universe and may be called to all simultaneously. If every door does not have enough energy to call between galaxies, but has seen a black hole can feed a door indefinitely and the ZPM. And we have seen with the Mackoy-Carter bridge, a door system can pass information from door to door to cover the space between galaxies and I guess you can still do so within the same galaxy. For one thing, from the earth or from almost any door in the Milky Way pegasus or you can go anywhere within the same galaxy despite the size of the galaxy that can be larger or smaller space between they. Perhaps more than an update image of the door (go from a little old to image modern) you need it is an update of sotware or activate a code. I mean, the door of the earth is the oldest and still works well, right? The ancients did things to last, despite them look modern or old.
                    I also believe that the ship destination has an artificial intelligence that is halfway of ascent. I explain. As seen with the chair, the awareness of a person can be "charged" in memory of the ship. Perhaps the creators of the ship did that to care for the destination as an artificial intelligence that could control the ship and when their descendants arrive teacher and help them complete their mission. Why is Rush aparecian a familiar face as Dr. Franklin. Perhaps because it is actually a collective consciousness of all those who promoted and integrated to the ship and help decide the issue discreetly.
                    I would have liked that blue alien were the furlins and they decided to follow the Destiny because they believed in the mission discovered that lay behind the creation of the universe or believe it was dangerous to do so and sought to steal the data it had compiled the explore the universe automatically.
                    Perhaps also that some Alteran group had a small colony in another galaxy and to help reach the destiny or at some point of the journey. Ie, a descendant of the Alteran society that continued to explore the universe and develop tencologicamente and culturally.
                    it would have been good that at some point of the destination of the trip will be met with Supergate created by some other advanced species and thereby using the Supergate of the Milky Way will receive a support of another ship, perhaps The Hammond. Yes, there could return, but perhaps the Destiny not fit and several decided to stay and continue the mission of the The Destiny and only a few return to earth. So one could get help and not return to the earth to accomplish the mission.

It's a shame this series came to an end, because despite not being famous as star trek or star wars, have great potential and where escarvar material.

Comment

Working...
                    X