Looking for this prop...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for this prop...?

Hello, I'm looking for the name of this prop, and/or if there is anything similar to it out there (I want to buy something like it as a gift):

It is the 4 statues of women sitting in a dish ontop of sand that's found throught seasons 1-3 on Dr. Weir's desk in her office (I think Rodney steals one later in the series?)

Thank you

Originally posted by Kuro Kitty View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for the name of this prop, and/or if there is anything similar to it out there (I want to buy something like it as a gift):

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8...irtabletpc.jpg

It is the 4 statues of women sitting in a dish ontop of sand that's found throught seasons 1-3 on Dr. Weir's desk in her office (I think Rodney steals one later in the series?)

Thank you
    I've been keeping an eye out for it on the Propworx auctions and it has not shown up yet. Either they don't have it, or they're saving it for the second live auction next year.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I've been keeping an eye out for it on the Propworx auctions and it has not shown up yet. Either they don't have it, or they're saving it for the second live auction next year.
      I think it's a commercially available item ... I've seen very similar 'circle of friends' candle holder sculptures in hippy/ethnic craft type shops here in the UK ...

http://www.tumi.co.uk/Circle-of-Frie...ypage.tpl.html

Comment

Yeah, I wanted the masks that were in her office. But they havent shown up either. Does propworx still have a lot of stuff left? At least I got a Dr. Weir shirt...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
          I think it's a commercially available item ... I've seen very similar 'circle of friends' candle holder sculptures in hippy/ethnic craft type shops here in the UK ...

http://www.tumi.co.uk/Circle-of-Frie...ypage.tpl.html
          I think someone had mentioned that type of piece in a discussion over on LiveJournal a while back, but no one could find one that looked exactly like (or at least close to) the one used in Weir's office.

Looking at the site you posted the link to, I did find this one that looks pretty close, but it's not the right color (nothing a little paint wouldn't cure, though ). It seems to be around the correct height, but as we saw in 'McKay and Mrs. Miller,' they're separate figures, not a single molded piece.

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
          Yeah, I wanted the masks that were in her office. But they havent shown up either. Does propworx still have a lot of stuff left? At least I got a Dr. Weir shirt...
          You could always email Propworx and ask. I know there's also at least one other company that was selling Stargate props and costumes for a while that snagged some really great pieces, like the Atlantis control chair and Adria's orange and red gown from 'Ark of Truth,' so it's also possible it could already be gone. Or it could have been kept by Bridge Studios in their 'random junk prop' drawer. Who knows?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i will try to find some for you and whenever i get them, i will definitely approach you..

Comment

Did anyone ever find these figurines? I have been rewatching Atlantis and I would love to have if not the original, then a reproduction.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper View Post
                Did anyone ever find these figurines? I have been rewatching Atlantis and I would love to have if not the original, then a reproduction.
                I'm guessing the source is either a Canadian artist or manufacturer or a Canadian store imported them, making the best places to look for them in Canadian ads and Canadian eBay listings.

The closest I can find is this Canadian classified ad for a circle of three women in a lighter color, which looks to be from the same mold as the one used on the show. Perhaps the seller of this item will ship it or give out manufacturer information.
                http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ299628146

Comment

That is very close. I searched and found one on Amazon but it was a single figure and only one. It is definitely in the Circle of Friends style. The one on Amazon called it the Yoga Woman. Thanks for looking.
                  sigpic

Comment

Finally found one on Ebay. It is not the same color but love it anyway

yoga women.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper View Post
                      Finally found one on Ebay. It is not the same color but love it anyway

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35109[/ATTACH]
                      What a score! you have been looking for that for awhile, well done
                      sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Working...
                      X