Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate SGA/SG-1 all seasons on blu-ray??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SGA/SG-1 all seasons on blu-ray??

when are we gonna get to see a blu-ray SGA/SG-1? I thought about that again when I saw the complete set sold for $80 today only deal, and It would just be great if there was SG-1 in HD. It would be like seeing it for the first time again. The only problem would be the old vfx. But when are we gonna get it anyway!?
    Last edited by Duneknight; 16 November 2010, 09:15 AM.
    sigpic

Possibly never unfortunately. You don't see older shows like X-Files or Buffy on Blu-Ray. SGA has a higher chance of blu-ray releases than SG1 IMO.

Comment

We don't see those shows because they haven't been put out yet. Studios are getting mediocre sales from new shows. We won't see old ones for a long while.

SG-1 may have had it's effects done in 480. I'm not sure. That'd be a big factor.
      sigpic
      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

bluray/HD makes some shows go from sweet looking to completely unrealistic
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Possibly never unfortunately. You don't see older shows like X-Files or Buffy on Blu-Ray. SGA has a higher chance of blu-ray releases than SG1 IMO.
          You are probably right, but I can't help wondering why a 60's TV series (StarTrek), made it to Blu ray yet a 90's TV series can't.
          While reading comments on the Gateworld website, couple of years ago, a fan who worked just that industry, said it's not the 16 mm print issue, it's more likely a money issue.
          I even went to the MGM website and asked them to put me on a list of interested customers. I didn't hear back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
            bluray/HD makes some shows go from sweet looking to completely unrealistic
            I did read that in reviews about SGA on Blu-ray, that's why I ended up buying the DVD set instead.

Comment

Working...
            X