No announcement yet.

Who actors in other roles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenna-Louise Coleman, Penelope Keith and Rebecca Front join Death Comes to Pemberley

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...s-to-pemberley

The cast of BBC1's new adaptation of PD James's Pride and Prejudice follow-up, Death Comes to Pemberley, is shaping up nicely. Following the news last month that Matthew Rhys, Anna Maxwell Martin and Matthew Goode will star as Mr Darcy, Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Wickham, a hoard of exciting new cast members have today been unveiled.

Doctor Who's current assistant, Jenna-Louise Coleman, will take a leading role as Lizzie's sister – and Wickham's wife – Lydia, who arrives at Pemberley one night, six years after the conclusion of Austen's novel, screaming that her husband has been murdered. In fact, he hasn't – but he is found with the dead body of his travelling companion, prompting a murder investigation that casts a shadow over Pemberley and its residents.

Also joining the all-star cast is Rebecca Front (The Thick of It), who will appear as Lizzie's vociferous mother, Mrs Bennet, with The Vicar of Dibley's James Fleet playing her resigned spouse, Mr Bennet. Penelope Keith will star as haughty aristocrat, Lady Catherine de Burgh, while Trevor Eve (Waking the Dead) will portray local magistrate, Sir Selwyn Hardcastle.

Front's The Thick of It co-star Joanna Scanlan will appear as Pemberley's housekeeper, Mrs Reynolds, while The White Queen's Eleanor Tomlinson is to play Darcy's sister, Georgiana. She is being courted by dishy attorney, Henry Alveston (James Norton) and her cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam, played by Silent Witness's Tom Ward.

Filming on the production is to begin this month on location in Yorkshire, with Chatsworth estate rumoured to be the chosen location for Pemberley. The production will be directed by Bafta-winning Daniel Percival (Dirty War, Place of Execution) and produced by Origin Pictures.

Comment

A brief glimpse of Jenna Coleman in the trailer for Death Comes to Pemberley

Comment

Hm, I never liked Jane Austen so I'm not sure if I'd like a story based on her characters and stories. The Trailer however looks promising and Jenna is alway a joy to whatch. SO tahnks for the news, Blen.
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Interview with Peter Capaldi about his role in The Musketeers

Peter Capaldi Interview - "The Musketeers"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/med...r-capaldi.html

The BBC Media Centre have released the media pack for "The Musketeers" and it features the following interview with Peter Capaldi, who plays Cardinal Richelieu:

How would you describe your character in The Musketeers?

Cardinal Richelieu is protector and confidant of the king as well as being essentially the first minister of France. He runs the country. He is a military figure as well as a religious and political one. He has a network of spies and operates like an illegal secret service to pursue his ends. He is by nature Machiavellian.

Did you do any research for the role?

I read the book.

How does the drama series differ from the book?

There is an expansion of the world and characters beyond that of the book.

Do you have any anecdotes from set?

The production suffered from a lot of injuries: dislocated shoulders, bruised shins, the odd concussion. It's one of the occupational hazards of being a swashbuckler. I myself suffered a nasty dislocated thumb, but embarrassingly not from swinging a sword around. Instead, my injury came from a domestic the cardinal was having with Milady, Maimie McCoy. I threw her against the wall not realising I'd caught my thumb in her large frock. I felt a jab of pain. And when the director said "cut" I looked down and saw my thumb was on the wrong way round. Nasty. Instinct took over and I shoved it back. Which made my eyes water and my knees weak. The lesson clearly was, never get into a fight with Maimie McCoy.

How would you have coped living in the 17th century?

I don't think I would have been great in the 17th century. I would have enjoyed the frocks, and certainly some of the food would have been appealing, but the disease and hygiene would have worried me. I certainly would have missed the NHS.

Comment

Alex Kingston nominated for a Manchester Theatre Award 2013

http://alex-kingston.org/alex-kingst...ce=twitterfeed

Congratulations to Alex who is nominated among other great actors, such as Kenneth Branagh and Maxine Peake, for a Manchester Theatre Award 2013! Winners will be announced at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre on March 7.

Here is the complete Best Actress nominees’ list:

Best Actress

Marianne Benedict, Chicago, Oldham Coliseum

Cush Jumbo, A Doll’s House, Royal Exchange

Gillian Kearney, Educating Rita, Library at The Lowry

Alex Kingston, Macbeth, Manchester International Festival, St Peter’s Church

Maxine Peake, Masque Of Anarchy, Manchester International Festival, Albert Hall

Shannon Tarbet, To Kill A Mockingbird, Royal Exchange

Comment

Trailer for the horror movie Oculus, starring Karen Gillan

Comment

Reece Shearsmith, Alex Kingston and Noel Clarke to star in Chasing Shadows

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press...s#.UvoO-ftAN8F

Chasing Shadows is a thrilling, new four-part drama, which focuses on the work of a missing persons field unit charged with tracking down serial killers who prey on impressionable and vulnerable people.

Reece Shearsmith (The Widower, Psychoville, The League of Gentleman) will play DS Sean Stone and his partner, Ruth Hattersley is played by Alex Kingston (Marchlands, Arrow, Upstairs Downstairs) whilst Noel Clarke (Star Trek Into Darkness, Doctor Who) takes on the role of DI Prior.

On the face of it Sean is intense, socially awkward and a misfit. Get to know him and you realise he’s a man on a mission even if it leads him to self destruction and his eccentric manner frequently lands him in hot water. He’s obsessed with deciphering codes and uncovering patterns of behaviour particularly in relation to those most at risk, vulnerable missing persons.

Ruth, on the other hand, is a stabilising influence. Maternal, but not mumsy, she’s an analyst from the Missing Persons Bureau tasked to work alongside Sean. In effect his bosses have sidelined him and she is his lifeline. Sean refuses to be tethered to Ruth, but eventually learns that he and Ruth make an awesome team. She has the ability to connect with people and has the expertise to trace missing persons. He is socially awkward and struggles to communicate; yet their strengths strike the perfect balance. On paper. In reality, it is a rocky partnership.

Chasing Shadows is created and written by Rob Williams (DCI Banks, Holby City), and is due to begin filming shortly in the South East for eight weeks.

Chasing Shadows will be produced by the ITV Studios drama team headed by Francis Hopkinson (Lucan, Wallander) who will also executive produce. Rob Bullock (Legacy, The Suspicions of Mr Whicher) will produce the drama and Christopher Menaul (The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, See No Evil: The Moors Murders) will direct the first self-contained story ‘Only Connect’ across two episodes. The Director of the second story ‘Off Radar’ will be Jim O’Hanlon (In The Flesh, Quirke, The Reckoning).

Comment

Doctor Who star Colin Baker to play lead in Richard III film - Finding Richard

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Do...#ixzz2tfI1kWSw

Doctor Who star Colin Baker is to play the lead in a film featuring the discovery of the remains of King Richard III.

Finding Richard follows a boy who, on hearing the bones have been found under a Leicester car park, begins his own quest.

Helping Gull on this journey is his grandad, himself a dreamer, who sees something of himself in the boy.

What Gull finds is not quite what he or his grandad expected.

Joining Colin – who played the sixth Doctor Who in the 1980s – is David Knight, 13, as Gull.

David has appeared in Doctors and Britain's Got Talent and attends drama school The Pauline Quirke Academy, in South Wigston.

The short film, to be shot on location in Leicestershire, has been co-written by director Rhys Davies and producer Doug Cubin.

It is due to be submitted to Cannes Film Festival in early March, so actors and production crew are up against a tight deadline.

Speaking from Los Angeles, Colin, 70, said: "I am excited about taking part in this project.

"I receive many scripts from successful or aspiring filmmakers and am rarely able to participate, unfortunately.

"However, I'll make no bones about it, when I read Finding Richard, I knew I had to try to find time to play grandad. It's an impressive, gentle and sensitive script, so I have managed to squeeze the time between trips to the USA and New Zealand and am looking forward to joining the team in Leicester."

Rhys said: "The film is an homage to dreamers everywhere – stay true to yourself, follow your own path and you will succeed.

"To work with a legend such as Colin Baker is an exciting prospect and together with rising star David Knight they will make the film a special prospect."

Doug said: "This film being destined for the Cannes Film Festival and having such a great cast means we will do everything possible to create a wonderful experience for the audience."

Finding Richard is a co-production between Hive Films and Sawscale Films for Cannes 2014.

Doug said Colin was due to shoot his scenes in Leicester in the coming week.

Colin played the sixth Doctor Who between 1984 and 1986.

Comment

'Inspector SpaceTime' movie gets 'Doctor Who' actor Sylvester McCoy

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/0...ter-mccoy.html

What began as a joke obsession on "Community" first turned into an "Inspector SpaceTime" web series. Now, The Inspector is going big with a feature film, guest-starring Sylvester McCoy of "Doctor Who," "Star Trek" actors and Mayim Bialik.

Yes, this is a real thing.

Instead of a second season to "Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time," the producers have decided to go with a film, "Untitled Motion Picture About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time." This choice came after McCoy (aka, the Seventh Doctor), Bialik ("The Big Bang Theory"), Robert Picardo ("Star Trek: Voyager") and Chase Masterson ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") all agreed to be guest stars.

The series/film also stars Travis Richey (The Inspector), Eric Loya and Carrie Keranen.

To prove how serious all of this is, the movie's press release even included a quote from McCoy: "It's a brilliant piece of work! Marvelous, and I really want to work with The Inspector!"

There is no set date for "UMPAASTWCATTT," but the production is hoping to raise $25,000 via Indiegogo to get the production going. The rest of the film's budget is expected to come from other investors.

So what is "Inspector SpaceTime"? The supposedly fictional show was introduced on "Community" to be the favorite series of Abed (Danny Pudi) and Troy (Donald Glover). Only short clips were ever seen on the comedy, however, so the actor who played The Inspector (Richey) made a web series to fill in the blanks. Six episodes of the web series' first season are available online.

Comment

15 second trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy with a blink & you miss her appearance by Karen Gillan. She's at 0:14 BTW

Edited to add a couple of pics

Last edited by Blencathra; 19 February 2014, 03:54 AM.

Comment

'Doctor Who' alum Karen Gillan to star in ABC pilot 'Selfie'

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/18/do...-selfie-pilot/

Doctor Who fans, your prayers (to the Time Lord?) have been answered: Karen Gillan could be coming back to TV.

EW has learned that the former Doctor companion has been cast as the lead in the ABC pilot Selfie, from Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek.

The single-cam comedy, said to be inspired by My Fair Lady, centers on a self-obsessed 20-something woman named Eliza Dooley (Gillan), who is more concerned with “likes” than being liked. In the pilot, a video of her very public and humiliating breakup goes viral and she enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image.

The announcement of the casting comes on the heels of the release of the well-received first teaser for Guardians of the Galaxy, in which Gillan appears as blue-skinned alien Nebula.

Comment

Another Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. Karen is at 1:54 and 1:58

Comment

Matt Smith Signs For Soccer Aid 2014

http://who-natic.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-aid-2014.html

Matt Smith has signed up for Soccer Aid 2014. He will play for the England team under the captaincy of Robbie Williams, along with Jack Whitehall, Olly Murs and Mark Owen.

The charity football event in aid of UNICEF takes place on Sunday 8 June 2014 at Old Trafford. The game will be broadcast on ITV but tickets are also available by calling 0845 456 2014 or from the Soccer Aid Website.

The teams so far are:

ENGLAND:

The celebrities

Robbie Williams (C)
                            Mark Owen
                            Olly Murs
                            Paddy McGuinness
                            Jonathan Wilkes
                            Jamie Theakston
                            Ben Shephard
                            John Bishop
                            Damian Lewis
                            Jack Whitehall
                            Matt Smith
                            Stephen Moyer

The legends

Jamie Carragher
                            Paul Ince
                            Jamie Redknapp
                            David Seaman
                            Graeme Le Saux

THE REST OF THE WORLD:

The celebrities

Michael Sheen (C)
                            Gordon Ramsay
                            Adam Richman
                            James McAvoy
                            Patrick Kielty
                            Nicky Byrne
                            Santiago Cabrera

The legends

Edwin van der Sar
                            Jaap Stam

Comment

From Entertainment Weekly dated 2.21.2014

David Tennant presently shooting Gracepoint, a limited-series remake of Broadchurch which will air next season on Fox co-starring Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad. Tennant plays essentially the same role he played in the UK version, only with an American accent.(?!)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/21/da...int-interview/

Comment

Pics of Karen Gillan at the Guardians of the Galaxy Premiere

http://who-natic.blogspot.co.uk/2014...of-galaxy.html

http://gallery.hiddenshallows.co.uk/...s.php?album=47

Comment

Working...
                                X