US complete series DVD VS UK complete series DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US complete series DVD VS UK complete series DVD

I have been recently thinking about picking up the complete series again on DVD just for the bonus disc in the UK set. I have seasons 1-5 on individually bought boxsets. But I also have OCD and the miss matching spine artwork and disc packaging has been annoying me long enough.

But I noticed the complete series boxset (US) has 2 more discs than the UK version. What did we in the UK miss out on?
    Last edited by Billz; 04 November 2010, 04:48 AM.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

My guess would be whatever was originally available only on the UK season boxsets because I know there were some things that were like that, for example, the RDA video diary. They could have just taken the region 2 discs as they were set up for the season boxsets and just put them together to make the series boxsets so any extras not already on those discs could have been just added to the series boxset and since some of them weren't on the region 1 to begin with that could be what it is on the extra region 1 discs. Now I could be wrong.

Here is 2 images of the booklet, the pages that list the extras, that came with the Region 1 series boxset:

Discs 1 & 2

Discs 3 & 4

Hopefully someone has list of the extras on the region 2 series boxset.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      My guess would be whatever was originally available only on the UK season boxsets because I know there were some things that were like that, for example, the RDA video diary. They could have just taken the region 2 discs as they were set up for the season boxsets and just put them together to make the series boxsets so any extras not already on those discs could have been just added to the series boxset and since some of them weren't on the region 1 to begin with that could be what it is on the extra region 1 discs. Now I could be wrong.

Here is 2 images of the booklet, the pages that list the extras, that came with the Region 1 series boxset:

Discs 1 & 2

Discs 3 & 4

Hopefully someone has list of the extras on the region 2 series boxset.
      I wasn't asking about the bonus features on the complete SG-1 boxset. I was asking about the bonus features on the complete SGA boxset from the US. I would have thought that would have been obvious since this is the SGA merchandise section of GateWorld, lol.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I only saw the title and didn't think to check the section it was in so sorry about that I must have been it a hurry to help.

I do know that on SGA series boxset there is featurette of the 100th episode that is only available with it and not the Season 5 season boxset. I don't know if this is available with all the regions or not. Here is post where someone mention the extras for the SGA series boxset: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post10688576

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

They really should release the extra disks of both complete seasons for the people that bought them as they came out.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X