Worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth watching?

Hey I'm after a new program to watch and thought I'd stop by here and ask a question

Could any of you nice, kind people here on this thread explain to me what Eureka is all about? I've only seen short clips and to be honest found them a little confusing

I'm just wondering what it's like.... Funny? Serious? Arc based or single episodes.. etc (you get the idea )
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

EUReKA is one of my favorite shows!! Light hearted popcorn kind of scifi. Imagine if you had a city of the world's smartest people and let them loose on science. Plop in one completely ordinary sherriff who has to solve all of their problems when the science goes too far. Hilarity happens. More episodic than arc stories. There are some arcs, but nothing you have to know about.

Give it a go. Good starting places are (obviously) S1, S3, and S4. Season 2 kinda builds on stuff from S1.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

(A Town Called) Eureka is pretty enjoyable, though I don't think many fans would be offended if I said it wasn't the most original or creative science fiction series. Despite, or probably because of this, it is fun. It's pretty light in general, the science is generally atrocious, the series is quite funny, and fairly forgettable (in a nice way). No arcs as such (for most of the run, anyway), pretty predictable, but sometimes that just makes it even more enjoyable.

The basic premise is that since 1945, there's been a semi-secret town in the Pacific Northwest populated almost exclusively by scientific geniuses who have a massive underground laboratory complex and advanced experimental technology decades ahead of the rest of the world at their disposal. The focus is on the newly arrived, constantly confused everyman (and absolute non-scientist) Sheriff Carter who has to clean up or be subjected to the various disasters, messes, catastrophes that the townsfolk create. It's got a nice sense of humour, it's sort of a science fiction comedy-drama.

Lately it's got a little darker and more serious than usual I think, but not so much that its changed drastically. Worth checking out if you're looking for new TV sci-fi, but don't expect the next Galactica or SGU.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I call it 'mind-candy'. Interesting and fun to watch.
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Definitely worth watching. Makes me smile every week, has pretty inventive ways for things to go wrong every week! Wonderful lovable characters, what more could a person want if you just need some time out!

Comment

Thank you every one, think I will give it a go as you are all so enthusiastic about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
              I call it 'mind-candy'. Interesting and fun to watch.
              That a good way of putting. It's a fun tv show, a good way to get awat for the strees of life.
              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Hey I'm after a new program to watch and thought I'd stop by here and ask a question

Could any of you nice, kind people here on this thread explain to me what Eureka is all about? I've only seen short clips and to be honest found them a little confusing

I'm just wondering what it's like.... Funny? Serious? Arc based or single episodes.. etc (you get the idea )
                I just bought season one myself and am giving it a look too. I've seen the first three episodes, and like a brother said above me, it's no Galactica or SG1, but it ain't bad. (I needed a replacement to fill my LOST void.)
                - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

I would say the first three seasons most definitely But not so sure about season 4, I don't really know what to make of it. I want my old Eureka back
                  sigpic

Comment

Have watched the first 3 episodes so far (had to finish a complete Farscape rewatch first ) and am really enjoying it so far.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Season 1? Love those!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Season 1? Love those!
                        Yes season 1..... by my calculations I should have caught up in time for the Christmas episode
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds about right.
                          sigpic

Comment

Finally caught up - less than 2 weeks to watch all the way up to and includng the Xmas episode- LOVE IT!!!! Great show. Can't wait for the rest of season 4!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Season 4 has been a bit of a hit and miss for me, mostly miss
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X