• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Trial and Error' (206) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

Colonel Young sees a recurring vision of Destiny being attacked and destroyed by hostile aliens, causing him to fear he is losing his mind.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 February 2021, 11:22 PM.

Awesome episode!
    sigpic

Comment

Missed the first half. Have to catch the repeat. Second half was pretty good, though. You tell em, Scott!

Comment

wow

Comment

Most interesting episode of the season... I bet all of this with the aliens is leading to the Mid-Season finale

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Really awesome episode, and while it tied into the overall story arc I think casual viewers could enjoy it as well!
            sigpic

Comment

Amazing episode

Comment

definitely one of the best episodes of the season and the series

Comment

You gotta admit, Destiny having the ability to play with Young's dreams lends credence to Rush not being crazy. Maybe the ship is pissed he got control and is making Franklin and Gloria in an attempt to keep him on track.

Comment

Great episode. Rush just made Young look like the best choice to command the mission.

Comment

Now we def know that Destiny was playing with TJ

Comment

I'm Loving it!! Way to go Writers...... Now Stay on Track!!

I so wanna read what Brad Wright said in that press release/interview about the rest of the season, but i wont due to spoilers Either Way this Episode Was Awesome!!
                        sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Young really is a good, caring man at heart. The Ancients would probably see that as a vital asset for leadership. Thus, their ship views him as a 'good' commander.

Comment

Definitely, without a doubt, my favorite episode of the entire series.

The Destiny messing with Youngs brain. His alcohol problem addressed. Scott, who I normally hate, was great. Eli-Greer buddying up. The different battle scenarios were awesome. Ginn, Ginn, Ginn..... *drool*

Comment

I'm not really sure if this filler or arc related. It doesn't really advance any of the stories. Maybe if we call the exploration of Destiny an arc then this is an arc episode. Anyway that is besides the point.

This is serves as two things. It shows a conclusion or re-examination of something that has been ongoing since probably Justice. The downward spiral of Young having to do some ambigous acts. I usually supported Young so in this one I have to agree with Scott in this in that these violent acts never get better but sometimes you have to do them for the better of the ship.

I also liked the part of Destiny being able to plug into our minds. We have always know from episodes like Air and Darkness that Destiny has an AI of some kind. But the fact it can gauge our mental set is an interesting concept. I hope they explore it more. The fact that Rush overrode the battle simulation and that "he controls the ship" is more of Rush of trying to gain control the ship. Some things never change

As for the B plot of Eli and Ginn I kind of life. It was not too cliche (okay a little) but the part of them flirting and Eli uncertain of what to do seemed relastic to me. Coupled on Ginn seeing Eli's emotional scene about his mother I can believe what happened between the two. So overall while a little cliche it was not too bad a ship development
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X