Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies You love but can't watch anymore.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies You love but can't watch anymore.

This happened to me last nite.
    Was watching Predator and barely managed to get thru it half way.
    Haven't seen it for a few years,but having seen it probably 50 times (if not more) just couldn't get thru it.
    This is also getting to be the point with the orginal Star Wars movies.

This a prob with anybody else?
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

You mean where you've seen them so many times there's not really a point to watching them again? Yeah, that kind of happened to me with the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I Can't watch the Highlander Movies or series anymore... Not because I've seen them too much but because the guy next door complains when I'm yelling at the screen calling the 400 year old swordsman an idiot for blocking with the blade... then cringing lol
      sigpic
      Click the Pick for my FanFiction.net profile

Comment

Highlander for a while. but then I went about ten years and I enjoy it again.

Comment

And then there are the movies that are so fantastic, and yet so painful that I can't watch them again. Schindler's List, Patriot, Saving Private Ryan, and Last of the Mohicans are some for me.

There's that point in Mohicans when the blond sister makes the decision to step off the cliff that makes me frantic every time. Like I'm jumping with her.

I can't watch any of those movies ever again--but they are amazing.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

first power rangers movie. it's great to see a alternate reality of the established canon but oi there's just to many differences to take it seriously
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Watching Power Rangers- movie or otherwise- is the worst possible kind of self-inflicted torture.

I can't watch Terminator movies anymore. The third movie was such a vicious crime against the noble idea of Terminatorship that it rendered the entire franchise dead for me.

Most sci-fi movies I used to like failed what I call the "10 year test"- whether or not the movie remains watchable after 10 years since its release. The "tech" and the special effects just look too dated. Predator, Enemy Mine, Soldier, Demolition Man etc. look just too damn primitive. There's maybe a handful of good sci-fi films that don't grow old- Gattaca, the first two Alien movies, Stargate, Bladerunner.

And then, of course, there are movies I was utterly allergic to from the first watching while everybody else thought they were the cat's meow-like the utter silliness that is Star Wars and the faux-profound caricature that is The Matrix.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

If this happens to me I usually just take a break from the movie for another couple of years until they're good again, but I'm not one to watch movies over and over repeatedly.
                sigpic

Comment

For me it would be those old Simba movies. They are just too dated in my personal opinion & unrealistic. Well, actually I should rephrase that since I am a Stargate fan...
                  They don't have the stuff that Stargate & other shows have now to make it look like it might actually be happening. And that makes Simba look unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
                  X