No announcement yet.

Why are those ships looking so dark and odd-looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that as during our industrial revolution we mastered modernized sea faring vessels, the anchients mastered space flight during theyrs. and destiny is an example of that. its like they're version of our great steamships of the 1800's.

Comment

The first time we saw the 'ringed' Hat'aks, i was like WTF/ The one Ra commanded had none of that superstructure.. BUT then it did grow on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
        I think the Destiny created by the ancient Ori.
        Nope, the Ori were not aware of the Milky Way Galaxy from what we were told. It's existence and knowledge of humanity inhabiting it was only made known to them when Daniel and Vala made them aware.

From what we know, the alterans fled to the Milky Way to escape the Ori. In that case, it isn't logical that the Ori launched the ship from Earth.

Comment

I wonder if they'll forget to take off the parking brake.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
            Well, the reason I personally expected it to be bright and shiny was that even millions of years ago they were more advanced than we are at the moment. Shouldn't they have had better looking ships than we are at the moment?
            Can I just ask why you keep pairing technological progress with aesthetic appearance? I realise that from a writing standpoint it makes sense to make the latest technology appear cleaner and newer to the person watching, in reality however the latest technology doesn't always mean bright and squeeky clean*.

*The exception being consumer products like iPad and other gadgets, which are designed to be appealing to the eye. This is a case of form over function whereas the ancients at this stage were function over form, at least until they were advanced enough to allow new technologies to appear cleaner and sleeker.

Comment

Mmmmmm, wraith Tech was pretty advance compared to Human Tech, but their ships and weapons are not really bright and shinny. Same as the Nox, they were 1 of the 4 races, but look at their houses.

Just a thoght =).

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                Your all wrong, the destiny toilet backed up and spray the ship with ancient excrement. (which was aboard for some scientific reason)
                Imagination is such a Wonderful Thing.
                sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Originally posted by pillwokie View Post
                  wraith Tech was pretty advance compared to Human Tech
                  I've always thought otherwise, Maybe their Evolution is more advanced...... but there ships are organic, so is there bloodsucking ability, and there weapons fall in line with Tau'ri/Goa'uld
                  sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    destiny and the seeders are built to be rugged and functional.
                    and it's not a fashion contest in space
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      and it's not a fashion contest in space
                      No, and it doesn't have to be. I just thought that alien ships should look more... alien.

Comment

You could tie engines to a brick and fly it in space, but it's only common sense that any species, alien or not, would design with a sense of symmetry.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          well it looks like from the promo form 209:Visitation that the 'Faith shuttle was restored to like new - somehow - and it looked painted on the exterior. So maybe Destiny wasnt always so monochrome and was once painted but after million + years it has wore off - (like the Sphinx in Egypt)

Comment

After seeing
                            Spoiler:
                            How the shuttle interior looks brand new in 'Visitation'
                            I think destiny was a bright and beautiful ship at one point.

Comment

Destiny may have an Apple Core (APLCR, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OdD7Fc9Rrw) but it 's not an Apple Store.
                              Last edited by zmo; 21 November 2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Harhahhh

Comment

Working...
                                X