This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    I don't really get what you mean. If you don't want another foray into Stargate, then you don't have to, but why would you want them to stop making it? What about everyone else?
    star trek: enterprise:
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Naming a TV show doesn't answer his questions. For the record, I like the show despite it's flaws.

Comment

I am just hoping and praying that we will get 5 seasons of SGU, I would then be a happy puppy. What ever happens after that happens.

Comment

Why five? Why not four or six?

Comment

Honestly, 3 to 4 seasons of SGU would be good IMO...due to the nature of the show I can't see the crew surviving for a very long but I seem to be forgetting it is sci-fi!

But maybe have a few years break after SGU? I don't want the franchise to overdue itself, it needs a break sometime.

Comment

but what else could you do with SG?

milky way
              Pegasus
              sgu traveling across the very distant universe.

what else could be done besides a sg1 the next generation., the ancients can't have seeded gates all over the universe. i don't care how old or advanced. things need to be realistic
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't think a break will work. If the show goes off the air for more than a year or two, it probably won't comeback at all. If the production team scatters to the wind, there won't be anyone left to bring it back.

Why does a new Stargate show have to be set in a new galaxy? Atlantis could have easilly been set in the Milky Way galaxy. The decission to move it to Pegasus was to avoid the problem of the expedition calling on SG-1's help when needed. I don't see why that's an issue. If experienced people are running Atlantis, they will be able to take care of themselves. In regards to Universe, the very premise calls for being set in another galaxy, but that doesn't mean a fourth series would have to be.

We've had SG-1, a secret team traveling through Stargates. We've had Atlantis, the lost city plus space vampires. Universe is about a lone deep into the unkown far beyond reach except by Stargate with a planet-size power source. What else can be done? Your imagination is your only limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  You know... I think Star Trek has made people greedy...

There was a time when ONE show was enough. A second was down right amazing. Now it's not enough unless the franchise lives forever...
                  I think its more of a case of people wanting more of what they like.

For instance, Stargate Universe is the only new show I watch at the moment and a downside to that is if the series kept going to say a 17th season (which it won't) you will see the show becoming rubbish. But once Universe is finished I honestly don't know what I will watch as nothing else that is new interests me, but that's just me.
                  LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                  Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                  99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Syfy gave SG-1 (Seasons 6-10) and Atlantis five year runs. I think we can predict that Syfy will probably give the new show a five-year run as well. We're assuming that the show maintains what Syfy would consider to be decent to high ratings. If the show ends and there's no more Stargate, there may be a new show by then worthy of your attention. If not, take up reading!

By the way, an interesting thought... Universe is in it's 2nd season, but Stargate is in it's 14th season.

Comment

Hmmm someone got me thinking, the reason TNG was popular was that it was the same story, just 100 years later with a new crew. How about using that model for SG. Let the franchise catch its breath, then start building press and excitement, then however many years later it is (sg passes in real time) start up a new sgc show taking place15+ years after sg1s first mission? SGC TNG

Comment

TNG was a success, because the show had brilliant tallent. Actors, writers, directors, composers, Gene Roddberry, Rick Berman, Brannon Braga... after eighteen years, Star Trek was back on TV. It was fun, exciting, dramatic, scary, full of adventure; it had it all. If Stargate went off the air and returned after an absense of a few to several years, the new show would have to be something that appeals to everyone. The problem with Universe is that it only appeals to people who like dark, moody dramas with ongoing storylines. A big part of TNG's success was that it was episodic, reruns were shown all the time, and it had little competition. A big part of why it copied the original show's premise is because that show ended prematurely.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          Syfy gave SG-1 (Seasons 6-10) and Atlantis five year runs. I think we can predict that Syfy will probably give the new show a five-year run as well. We're assuming that the show maintains what Syfy would consider to be decent to high ratings. If the show ends and there's no more Stargate, there may be a new show by then worthy of your attention. If not, take up reading!

By the way, an interesting thought... Universe is in it's 2nd season, but Stargate is in it's 14th season.
                          I love reading books but, I like to watch sci-fi tv shows to you know . I love to be part of the action but with reading and watching you get two totally seperate experiences, two of which I love and two of which I can't live without

I am also a bit selfish here too,for my reasons for having a 4th stargate program, and that is, I have become too attached to stargate which is why I am trying to be patient with SGU.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          The writers hate prequels. Never going to happen. If SGU ends any time soon though, I don't expect any new Stargate for a long time, if ever.
                          Awww!

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          I hope there's nothing after sgu
                          You keep saying that why

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          You know... I think Star Trek has made people greedy...

There was a time when ONE show was enough. A second was down right amazing. Now it's not enough unless the franchise lives forever...
                          If you are talking about enterprise, I thought it was excellent! I loved that show.

Comment

Here's an option... if Stargate ends, and there's nothing good on TV... watch an older show you haven't seen. Two recommendations: Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Here's an option... if Stargate ends, and there's nothing good on TV... watch an older show you haven't seen. Two recommendations: Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
                              Seen firefly and SCC, didn't like SCC

Comment

Did you see the Firefly movie, Serenity? Have you tried watching Sanctuary?

Comment

Working...
                                X