This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    And no SGU series. You want it canceled that badly?
    I never said that. In fact, I'm enjoying the show very much. Rush keeps it interesting. He is the straw that stirs the drink.
    However, that was not the point of discussion. Cold numbers as to who's responsible for deaths and such.
    Result is Young = 0, Rush = 1+ and counting.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode! SGU is really winning me over with the 2nd season!
      sigpic

Comment

It would be so cool, the "first contact scene" as an individual DVD extra.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Not trying to say anything bad against the episode, because for what it was, it was put together quite nicely. BUT, I am so glad I had this on my DVR because I have seen one too many of these types of episodes. Starting with Star Trek TNG when Riker gets infected by that weird vine-like plant with wicked thorns, to SG1's changeling and forever in a day (??), and SGA's the real world.....the plot is almost exactly the same and has been done too many times. I know I know... the same thing could be said about many other episodes and shows in television land, so in cloverdale's defense, it was an OK episode.....

I would like to know however where they found flame throwers...lol. I just can't imagine that being a typical weapon included in either Icarus Base's or Destiny's arsenal. That is unless the Ancients were planning on visiting a planet that grew giant marshmallows...he he.

What I thought was interesting was how the relationship between Chloe and Eli changed when Eli realized that she would rather die than go back to the ship. Just prior to going back to Destiny, the way he looked at her was as if he was losing both a friend, and any hopes of ever having a serious relationship with her. Maybe he'll let the fantasy of being her significant other die and move on to some of the other available women on Destiny (If that fantasy existed of course).

Looking forward to see the implications of Scott receiving a transfusion from Chloe!

Comment

Originally posted by Mortock42 View Post
            Not trying to say anything bad against the episode, because for what it was, it was put together quite nicely. BUT, I am so glad I had this on my DVR because I have seen one too many of these types of episodes. Starting with Star Trek TNG when Riker gets infected by that weird vine-like plant with wicked thorns, to SG1's changeling and forever in a day (??), and SGA's the real world.....the plot is almost exactly the same and has been done too many times. I know I know... the same thing could be said about many other episodes and shows in television land, so in cloverdale's defense, it was an OK episode.....

I would like to know however where they found flame throwers...lol. I just can't imagine that being a typical weapon included in either Icarus Base's or Destiny's arsenal. That is unless the Ancients were planning on visiting a planet that grew giant marshmallows...he he.
            What I thought was interesting was how the relationship between Chloe and Eli changed when Eli realized that she would rather die than go back to the ship. Just prior to going back to Destiny, the way he looked at her was as if he was losing both a friend, and any hopes of ever having a serious relationship with her. Maybe he'll let the fantasy of being her significant other die and move on to some of the other available women on Destiny (If that fantasy existed of course).

Looking forward to see the implications of Scott receiving a transfusion from Chloe!
            Given Water it stands to reason Greer made them
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Yeah, if he made one, he can make 3. Resourceful fellow, that Greer.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It was OK I suppose. Scott survived because he's a major character, unlike Riley. Still miss Riley.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
                  I never said that. In fact, I'm enjoying the show very much. Rush keeps it interesting. He is the straw that stirs the drink.
                  However, that was not the point of discussion. Cold numbers as to who's responsible for deaths and such.
                  Result is Young = 0, Rush = 1+ and counting.
                  no young is responsible for Rivers
                  Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

I loved this episode particularly the ending with chloe greer and matt on the gate ramp with the plant creatures approaching and robert carlyle doing the wedding vows thing it had a BSG feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                      I loved this episode particularly the ending with chloe greer and matt on the gate ramp with the plant creatures approaching and robert carlyle doing the wedding vows thing it had a BSG feel to it.
                      *shudders*
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess I'm just the type of person who likes to know where everything comes from. I love back-story's and the history of things, and not seeing where the flame throwers magically appeard from (Definitely agree given Greer's resourcefulness, him putting together something like that is completely plausible), well, it just left me wanting more. I mean, what was stopping them from putting a 10 second scene in a previous episode showing Greer or someone else working on improvised weapons seeing that they only have a limited supply of bullets? There are definitely situations where explaining everything injures the appeal of the plot line, but I just think in this situation it would have been neet to have....

Comment

Originally posted by Mortock42 View Post
                          I guess I'm just the type of person who likes to know where everything comes from. I love back-story's and the history of things, and not seeing where the flame throwers magically appeard from (Definitely agree given Greer's resourcefulness, him putting together something like that is completely plausible), well, it just left me wanting more. I mean, what was stopping them from putting a 10 second scene in a previous episode showing Greer or someone else working on improvised weapons seeing that they only have a limited supply of bullets? There are definitely situations where explaining everything injures the appeal of the plot line, but I just think in this situation it would have been neet to have....
                          That is unesscarry time that would take away from another important scene. We already know Greer makes flamethrowers. No reason to show it again.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That is unesscarry time that would take away from another important scene. We already know Greer makes flamethrowers. No reason to show it again.
                            If there ever where to be an episode of Eli (or someone) walking around Destiny with a Kino (sp?) surveying a normal day in the life of the crew, scenes showing how the military and civilian personnel are dealing with limited resources (such as the case of food, and Greer making a flame thrower), it would be a great and important episode to further the plot and reinforce just how resourceful they need to be in order to survive aboard Destiny.

And as for the need to show only "important" scenes? Well, I guess it just depends on your perspective on what "important" is.... Me for instance? I could easily find 10 seconds of play time that was unnecessary to make room for a quick scene like the one I mentioned before... Either way, the show is still very enjoyable and I am quite pleased at its direction!

Comment

Well this was not a good ep at all. The third worst ep behind Life and Earth.

So Scott screws over James in his dream as well? And Chloe, well that was just very irresponsible and stupid what she done. She was lucky it wasn't a fatal decision. I quite liked Chloe but now I'm starting to dislike her. Maybe Scott and Chloe are made for each other, they can be irresponsible together Eli looked pretty pissed and I can't say I blame him, hopefully he'll start to move on now and get a nice girl that cares about him. He deserves it.

I have no interest in Scott/Chloe as a couple so the whole lead up to the wedding was boring and abysmal. I don't really have much interest in Scott either so this ep just didn't hold my interest. I hope this ep was just a blip on what is otherwise a good start to the season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Well this was not a good ep at all. The third worst ep behind Life and Earth.

So Scott screws over James in his dream as well? And Chloe, well that was just very irresponsible and stupid what she done. She was lucky it wasn't a fatal decision. I quite liked Chloe but now I'm starting to dislike her. Maybe Scott and Chloe are made for each other, they can be irresponsible together Eli looked pretty pissed and I can't say I blame him, hopefully he'll start to move on now and get a nice girl that cares about him. He deserves it.

I have no interest in Scott/Chloe as a couple so the whole lead up to the wedding was boring and abysmal. I don't really have much interest in Scott either so this ep just didn't hold my interest. I hope this ep was just a blip on what is otherwise a good start to the season.
                                I don't think you would be so quick to judge Chloe if their was a chance you could save a life. Sure it may be irresponsible. But I'd wager more then a few of us would risk our well-being to save someone we care about. The hallucination is a little boring at times. Its suppose to be symbolic of Destiny life
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X