• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Aftermath' (202) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202

Dr. Rush directs a shuttle to a planet inaccessible by Stargate -- but a crash landing threatens to strand those on board. Meanwhile, Rush makes a stunning discovery on Destiny, and Young must decide what to do with his prisoners.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 February 2021, 11:11 PM.

That episode was absolutely heartbreaking.

Spoiler:
    poor riley!

Comment

you took riley from us

awesome ep but taking riley away will not be forgiven
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

loved this ep more than Intervention, and I liked Intervention

Comment

Riley was my favorite character and it kills me that he's dead.just like when Beckett died oh man in 1 season I've grown so attached to the characters. I love this show. Rip Riley

Comment

This episode was back to getthing on what SGU does best. That is the character interaction. I'm back to not trusting Rush one bit. I thought Human humbled him but he is still the little sneak of the grass he has always been. If this was Earth he would probably be guilty of negligent homocide. Never mind the ability of having control of Desting could have on the well-being of those on the ship. My hate for him has refueled. Although I do find his claim of Young being mentally unstable a little hypocritical.

As for the rest of the episode of dealing with Riley dying that was a touching and heart felt moment. It was played real nice to show how much these people care about Riley and how sad they are about him dying. I especially like the TJ/Riley scene where they talk about faith and belief. Finally about Riley it will probably be brought up later so I will come out and say yes I approve of Young giving him a mercy death. Riley was going to die no matter what so you might let his suffering end.

But I won't agree with is Youing bashing the Lucian Alliance to pieces. I kind of like seeing Telford going over Young's head. It shows a considerable amount of friction between the two. Not only because we get to keep some Alliance memebers but it would be a cop out to abandon them all.

Finally the Riley monolouge at the end was awesome as well as the cold ending
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Excellent episode. RIP Riley.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I loved the Rush stuff in the episode, can't wait to see the events unfold next episode. Rush continues to grow into a even more fascinating character.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I Rush continues to grow into a even more fascinating character.
                  yes now he's added talking to himself

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    yes now he's added talking to himself
                    Kind of makes the claim of Young being mentally unstable humorous
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah there were a lot of things that felt like SGA to me in this episode. How Young let Riley die reminded me of how Sheppard shot Sumner when he was being fed on by the Wraith. When Rush walks into the ship's bridge, all the lights come one, reminds me of when they enter the city of Atlantis for the first time, or when Daniel and Mckay discover Janus' secret room. It just felt like a classic SG ep to me. The hallucinations reminded me of Grace and Grace Under Pressure. So like I said a lot of things felt like old school SG.

I think Aftermath is a good example of them taking the old and the new and finding a good medium. the special effects of the shuttle crashing were very impressive. So overall a very good episode to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

the writing for the franchise took 10 big steps forward with thsi episode. I absolutly loved every aspect of the epsiode except riley dying but hopefully he ends up on the alien planet

now the ship has no shuttles! they better get that "big" gun working 100%

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                          the writing for the franchise took 10 big steps forward with thsi episode. I absolutly loved every aspect of the epsiode except riley dying but hopefully he ends up on the alien planet
                          of all the dead people end up on the faith planet then we're right back to deaths not having any meanings.

Comment

it worked in sg1 and sga sorta. it could work here

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                              it worked in sg1 and sga sorta. it could work here
                              i'm still not convinced what tj saw was real. i don't think anyone going to that planet. but it was cool that she brought it up to riley

Comment

Working...
                              X