X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate New Seasons SG1 ~ Resurgence ~ USS General Hammond ~ Medbay 1

<USS Hammond> <Med Bay 1~ Level 1.

<Doctor Beth Hayden's Private office>

A warm and friendly room, decorated with images of her native Wales. This one room aboard the Hammond is where many of the crew have found comfort, including the ships captain Colonel Samantha Carter.

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    <USS Hammond> < MEDBAY 1>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Beth grinned. "Good idea," she said, "and then we can get that sample tested sooner rather than later." She rose from the bed, and crossed to the small gurney set to the side and handed a sample bottle to Cate. "You know what to do. Mid stream please, love."

Beth clicked her com as her name sounded in her ear, and she turned her attention away from Cate, who seemed a little more hopeful. "Hayden. How can I help you, Lieutenant?"

((OOC Apologies for the delay. A tad busy over the last few days. Still. Need. Sleep. *yawns*))
    <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{FLt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

After downing four glasses of water in succession, Cate waited for nature to take it's course, it wasn't long, she never could hold that much for long. Rolling of the bed and landing on her feet Cate took the bottle and ducked into the 'loo nearby. "Thanks Beth." Of course she knew if her dad was around, it was the 'HEAD' but to her, it was always the 'loo. She closed the door softly and went through the tricky procedure of filling the container. "Men have it so easy." She thought to herself. Pulling her pants back on and washing her hands she stepped out, for some reason, she kind of felt good about things. Sometimes life throws you a puzzle to work out, and when pieces eventually fall into place, reason tells you, that's the way it was meant to be. Placing the sample back on the gurney Cate looked at her husband's cousin, the eyes haunted her, she turned away and said quitely. "Finished, I hope."

Now for the moment, knowing her father was on board, she had to avoid him, she could never hide things well from either of her parents. She took a chair near the bed, and partially hid herself behind the bed curtain. "Beth, I'll just wait here if it's ok."

{Major Kevin Marks} NPC

"Doctor, Colonel Carter would like to know if Flight Lieutenant Hayden is fit to be beamed across to the Odyssey, we're leaving this sector shortly and her along with Lieutenant Kusangi are required back Earthside."

Comment

<USS Hammond> - <MedLab 1>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Beth cast a look over at Cate before answering. "I'm not prepared to release her immediately, Major. Give me thirty minutes." Reaching up, Beth switched her com off, and gazed at the other woman. "Half an hour enough for you to get yourself together, Cate? Tell me if you think you need longer?"

Taking the sample from Cate's hand, she moved away from the bed, before adding, "Oh, feel free to hide away. I'm saying nothing." She smiled as she delivered the words.
      sigpic

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Peeking her head around the corner, Cate had a sly smile on her face. "Sam is going to be so pissed Beth. But she can't deny you. Boy wouldn't I like to have that power, mum would hug you for that." There was another chair nearby, Cate dragged it over and stretched out her long legs and relaxed. "Yeah, I guess half and hour will be good, wake me when the thime is up." She closed her eyes and almost instantly Cate found welcomed sleep.

Comment

<Bridge Coms>
          "Doctor Hayden, Colonel Carter requests that you take twenty five minutes."

Shipwide broadcast channel. "Attention all decks, stand down for twenty minutes, I repeat, stand down."

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
            <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Peeking her head around the corner, Cate had a sly smile on her face. "Sam is going to be so pissed Beth. But she can't deny you. Boy wouldn't I like to have that power, mum would hug you for that." There was another chair nearby, Cate dragged it over and stretched out her long legs and relaxed. "Yeah, I guess half and hour will be good, wake me when the thime is up." She closed her eyes and almost instantly Cate found welcomed sleep.
            <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{Dr. Emma Randall} {FLt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

After the bridge coms blared through the ship Emma peered out and noticed the Flight Lt. nervously shifting around trying to stay comfortable in her chair and failing miserably. Emma could see that she was anxious and assumed it was about her test results as she realized Dr. Hayden went off to run the labs leaving her alone. Emma thought she would offer the young girl a welcomed visitor to get her mind off the wait. "Sleeping on these chairs are about as comfortable as the back seat of a puddle jumper....no way you are going to get any shut eye on that!" Emma smiled at the woman and offered her hand out in greeting..."Dr. Emma Randall.....ship psychiatrist....oh and don't let that fool you..... I'm not insinuating you need to see me or anything." Emma giggled under her breath and pulled a chair over to sit with Cate. "So ....what's a pretty, young healthy girl like you doing in the med bay?" Emma quizzed hoping that she wasn't prying too much.
            Last edited by squirrely1; 15 September 2010, 04:49 AM.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Taking the offered hand warmly Cate thanked her. "Cate Mac...Hayden, yeah I know same last name as Beth. She is my late husbands cousin. Me, resident trouble maker extrordinaire. Seem a girl can't spend a night with a friend without getting into trouble." She sat up and cracked most of her joints, something that usually freaked most people out. "A shrink, me. Yeah I need one 24/7 I think. I am healthy though as you asked, it's just one 'wee' little problem I need to get sorted out, if you get my meaning Doctor."

Comment

<USS Hammond> <Ships PA>

"Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran, you are required in the Captain's cabin....NOW"

Comment

<USS Hammond> - <MedLab2>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

As the lab tests ran, Beth clicked her com. "Twenty five minutes, Colonel." She huffed a sigh as she switched it off, and hoped to hell the results would prove Cate had nothing to worry about.
                  sigpic

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Taking the offered hand warmly Cate thanked her. "Cate Mac...Hayden, yeah I know same last name as Beth. She is my late husbands cousin. Me, resident trouble maker extrordinaire. Seem a girl can't spend a night with a friend without getting into trouble." She sat up and cracked most of her joints, something that usually freaked most people out. "A shrink, me. Yeah I need one 24/7 I think. I am healthy though as you asked, it's just one 'wee' little problem I need to get sorted out, if you get my meaning Doctor."
                    <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{Dr. Emma Randall}
                    Emma gave Cate a warm smile and nodded in affirmation that she somehow knew what her wait was all about. Women just sometimes seem to have a telepathy about such things and she leaned over and grabbed Cate's warm hand and held it firmly, "Yeah I know, but don't worry....sometimes these things have a way of working out for the best....whatever happens happens and we'll just deal with it!" Emma caught Cate's eyes and looked deep inside of them....connecting to the sweet girl that was so cleverly hidden inside the hardened soldier. "I've had a few close calls myself....and well....let's just wait to see what happens before we worry." Dr. Randall gave a comforting look one last time at Cate before she was startled by the ship wide announcement...."Hmmm I wonder just what trouble Vala and Daniel are into now?"....she sighed wearily knowing they have had their share of issues in the past.

Comment

<USS Hammond> - <MedLab2>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

As the lab tests ran, Beth clicked her com. "Twenty five minutes, Colonel." She huffed a sigh as she switched it off, and hoped to hell the results would prove Cate had nothing to worry about.
                      <USS Hammond> <Bridge>

{Colonel Samantha Carter}

"Copy that Doctor. Let me know as soon as Cate is ready to go thank
                      you."

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Looking a little embarrased at beiing so obviously caught out in her attempts to hide her somewhat shameful behaviour, Cate shrugged and mumbled "Stuff happens I guess." But the feeling of support and her hand being held, just as her mother would lifted her spirits, just a notch. "I appreciate it Doctor...oh Vala Mal Doran, I've read her file. Well I've made a study of SG1's missions so, yeah. Hmmm somewhat a kindred soul I think, I'll have to get to know her more." Cate stood and let Emma's hand go lightly. "I really have to get Earthside, do you think Beth will be long?"

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Beth came through the door of the lab almost as the words left Cate's mouth, a warm smile on her mouth. "You've been lucky this time, Cate, and dodged the bullet." A more serious expression settled on her face, as she added, "I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to take more care of yourself. There's no reason for this to happen again, and I trust it won't?"
                        sigpic

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Cate looked at the two women and smiled shyly. "No it won't. I'm taking celebacy from now on." She let out a sigh and winked at both of them. Hugged each in turn and clicked on her coms. "Colonel Carter, Lt. Kusangi and I are ready. If you can find Elena's signal, that would be good enough." She thanked the Doctors and went to find Batou, he didn't go far and she kicked his boot as he dozed in a chair outside. "C'mon, we have to go and save Elena's arse again."

Comment

<USS Hammond> - <MedLab 1>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Pleased Cate seemed more settled now a satisfactory conclusion had been reached to her problem, Beth crossed to the computer consoles to continue with her work. It wouldn't be long before someone else interrupted her and she need to crack on with this... if Emma would let her. She had a feeling it wasn't gonna be that easy.
                            Last edited by Isolde; 20 September 2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: SQ's post below... :P
                            sigpic

Comment

<USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

Looking a little embarrased at beiing so obviously caught out in her attempts to hide her somewhat shameful behaviour, Cate shrugged and mumbled "Stuff happens I guess." But the feeling of support and her hand being held, just as her mother would lifted her spirits, just a notch. "I appreciate it Doctor...oh Vala Mal Doran, I've read her file. Well I've made a study of SG1's missions so, yeah. Hmmm somewhat a kindred soul I think, I'll have to get to know her more." Cate stood and let Emma's hand go lightly. "I really have to get Earthside, do you think Beth will be long?"
                              <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Beth came through the door of the lab almost as the words left Cate's mouth, a warm smile on her mouth. "You've been lucky this time, Cate, and dodged the bullet." A more serious expression settled on her face, as she added, "I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to take more care of yourself. There's no reason for this to happen again, and I trust it won't?"
                              <USS Hammond> < MEDLAB1>

{Dr. Emma Randall} {FLt. Lt. Catherine Hayden} {Dr. Beth Hayden}

Emma smiled as she released Cate's hand and stood up to join her. Just as Dr. Randall opened her mouth to comment on the timeliness of the doctor...Dr. Hayden entered and delivered the news. A sigh of relief was felt throughout the room and Emma offered a friendly nod toward Cate in order to excuse herself. "Cate....I'm going to scoot so you can chat with the Doctor....but if there is ever anything you need to talk about ...you know my door is always open." She shot an affirming look to the doctor as she politely bowed out of the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X