Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First info on Atlantis's 'Runner' (Spoilers Inside)

Gateworld has obtained information on a new episode that will air as the third episode in Season 2:

This is direct from Gateworld and contains spoilers:

John Sheppard has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel since the Wraith attack on Atlantis ("The Siege"), but he is no longer the outpost's ranking military officer. That honor now falls to Colonel Caldwell, who has recently arrived on the base.

But Sheppard's promotion isn't what is on his mind now: His good friend and second-in-command, Lieutenant Aiden Ford, is missing. In the intervening episodes (possibly a still unknown, 2-part season premiere), Ford has been altered and turned into a super soldier of sorts -- but one who depends on an enzyme from the Wraith to survive. This has made him a one-man army, but also a grave security risk to Atlantis, especially after he escapes the city's security forces and gates offworld (prior to this episode).

[Mod snip -- Read the full story at GateWorld: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...isiseaso.shtml]
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 January 2005, 04:13 AM.

Wow it will be a shame if they replace ford

Comment

I like the sound of "Runner" and the Ronon Dex character but I really hope Ford doesn't leave

Comment

I hope they don´t replace Ford because after seeing Letters from Pegasus, I was really warming up to him. But this super soldier thing sounds really cool. Perhaps he will keep some of his abilities after (and if) he will be rescued. Actually this episode sounds pretty cool although there is something about this "Aliens hunting humans" stuff that sort of reminds of ST:Voyager (remember the Hirogen?). Anyway I really look forward to this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by dpgiffin
          Wow it will be a shame if they replace ford
          Not really. It's not like he's done anything this Season.

And I'm not saying that I don't like the character, nor am I saying that Rainbow has done a bad job. What I am saying is that the writers have done a bad job with Ford, and Teyla, but mostly with Ford. Zelenka has got about as much development as Ford, and Zelenka isn't even a reoccuring character on the same level as Beckett (who's had a whole episode to himself already!). Ford's had nothing, and that's quite sad.

Yes, it probably would be a shame to lose Ford, but let's be honest here. It's hardly surprising if it really is happening. I don't want it to happen, but if it happens then it comes as no great shock. Like with the destruction of Yu's character and the death of Tannith in SG-1, the writers have dropped the ball with Ford, and I don't think they're picking it back up again.

BYE
          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by honzix
            I hope they don´t replace Ford because after seeing Letters from Pegasus, I was really warming up to him. But this super soldier thing sounds really cool. Perhaps he will keep some of his abilities after (and if) he will be rescued. Actually this episode sounds pretty cool although there is something about this "Aliens hunting humans" stuff that sort of reminds of ST:Voyager (remember the Hirogen?). Anyway I really look forward to this ep.
            Yeah, because Predator didn't do the same thing ten years before Star Trek

Comment

Well, i think its ok when he leaves. He was just a fighting guy. Nobody with special abilities. We need somebody who know something more than just shooting.
              Like in SG1, Exept RDA everyone knows something special
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

This episode does sound fantastic - and also as it is linked to the possible two part season opener, it makes the two parter opener sound like it is going to be one hell of an season premier.

I just find it odd that Sheppard gets promoted quite early on - I mean Major Carter was a Major for five seasons and did loads in the protection of Earth, while Sheppard has had a bad record in the Air Force but redeems himself with his work on the Atlantis experdition but gets promoted more faster than Carter did.

I hope they keep Ford in - with his powers still around as mentioned above. Be interesting to see how he gets turned into a Super Soldier, a possible new enemy attacks the Atlantis team in the opener!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                  This episode does sound fantastic - and also as it is linked to the possible two part season opener, it makes the two parter opener sound like it is going to be one hell of an season premier.

I just find it odd that Sheppard gets promoted quite early on - I mean Major Carter was a Major for five seasons and did loads in the protection of Earth, while Sheppard has had a bad record in the Air Force but redeems himself with his work on the Atlantis experdition but gets promoted more faster than Carter did.

I hope they keep Ford in - with his powers still around as mentioned above. Be interesting to see how he gets turned into a Super Soldier, a possible new enemy attacks the Atlantis team in the opener!
                  We have no idea how long Sheppard was a Major before the Atlantis expedition.

Comment

Interesting info on the new episode I did not accept it to appear this early. It has been mentioned by few members on the forum about the character of “Ronon Dex” which has finally been confirmed. It’s good to see they are bringing in new recurring characters and also good to learn more about the wraith behaviour in process.

As for Sheppard's promotion that was a bit of surprise I mean he is the rebel in USAF never does what he is ordered to do. But I can understand why he has got it I mean the guy took command when Summer had his life sucked out of him by the wraith keeper and did a great job. He managed to kick wraith’s ass on more then one occasion.

As for poor Ford an interesting plot twist the big question is whether he is going to leave and come back or get killed off. This is pure speculation on my part but I think he will become human/wraith hybrid and be Atlantis version of Teal’c. I said on many occasion there’s more to those wraith warrior masks then simple mask to scare humans. It appears that the wraith pick certain humans and turn them in to there foot soldiers who do there dirty work for them. It also shows why the ancients has such a hard time killing the wraith they were fighting the humans rather then wraith it self and wraith were simply in the background giving orders.

I can just imagine a scene where Dr Beckett is about to perform a post-mortem on wraith warrior and he takes off the mask and sees human. “He’s human, he is bloody human”

Also good to see the update to the forum with season 2 and seaon 9 folders included thanks Darren.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

yeh this ep sounds exciting. How does ford get turned into a super soldier. Possibly a new enemy. It has to be a bad ancient who did it, because anubis in sg1 aquired that knowledge from the ancients

Comment

Originally posted by chodu82
                        yeh this ep sounds exciting. How does ford get turned into a super soldier. Possibly a new enemy. It has to be a bad ancient who did it, because anubis in sg1 aquired that knowledge from the ancients
                        Erm, maybe the Wraith, since he depends on them for an enzyme?

Here's where the info came from BTW: http://www.showfax.com/role_selectio...=1&t=1&p=76897

Comment

wass thats probly why they created that virus to kill their human foot soldiers

Comment

Different kind of super soldier. He's super-enhanced, not an actual Kull warrior.

Comment

wass thats probly why they created that virus to kill their human foot soldiers
                              Good point that may well be the purpose for it but according to Mackay
                              Spoiler:
                              the virus was not created by the ancients or the wraith
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X