SGA Audioplays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA Audioplays

I recently purchased Impressions and I was quite impressed by the story and the voice acting.
    I have Meltdown and A Perchance To Dream on their way, but I was just wondering if anyone else has these or the others and can tell me if they're any good.
    │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
    .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
    Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Hi, RubixCube
    I listened to "Savarna" and "Pathogen" - both are with the fabulous Teryl Rothery AKA Dr. Janet Fraiser and they are really good. "Pathogen" also featured Teal'c - it's great.
    After the play you get a nice interview with Teryl - so wonderful!
    Recently I bought "A Perchance To Dream". The story is very creepy and I loved Pauls Scottish brogue.
    Hm ... me and the doctors ...
    sigpic

Comment

Okay.
      I read the summary on them, seems like they have a good storyline, so I'll probably get them next time
      Yeah, I love the fact they have interviews at the end, makes it feel just that more personal and worth the buy.
      Paul's accent is one of the main reasons I bought Perchance. That and a friend of mine said the story was quite the thriller. Can't wait to listen to it.

Hehe, don't blame you. So far, it's hard to not like the SG doctors
      │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
      .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
      Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

I was just about to add a thread asking about these audio books/audio plays when I saw this thread. I remember seeing something about audio books/plays narrated by David Nykl and Kavan Smith; are these part of the set you've got? How are they and where can I find them to buy? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by littlesquirrel View Post
          I was just about to add a thread asking about these audio books/audio plays when I saw this thread. I remember seeing something about audio books/plays narrated by David Nykl and Kavan Smith; are these part of the set you've got? How are they and where can I find them to buy? Thanks!
          Hey littlesquirrel;

You can purchase all the Stargate Atlantis audio dramas directly from Big Finish Productions, either on CD or via download.

Here's a link: http://www.bigfinish.com/Stargate-SG-1-and-Atlantis

David Nykl appears in two of the plays - Zero Point (written by me!) and Meltdown (by David McIntee) - and Kavan Smith appears in Impressions by Scott Andrews.

The links below will lead you to those releases (including trailers):
          http://www.bigfinish.com/16-Stargate...tis-Zero-Point
          http://www.bigfinish.com/26-Stargate-Atlantis-Meltdown
          http://www.bigfinish.com/22-Stargate...is-Impressions

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by littlesquirrel View Post
            Hi littlesquirrel.
            I have most of the Big Finish audio dramas. For both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Which I purchased here in the UK from a store called 'Forbidden Planet'. But as JMSwallow has said in his post you can go direct to Big Finish productions.
            The audio adventures read by David Nykl and Kavan Smith are, in my opinion, very good and well written.
            And I can recommend them.

'Zero Point' is one of my favourites. Which I often take into work with me. Along with the SG-1 adventure 'Savarna'.

ttyl
            Starfist
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks to JMSwallow and Starfist. Am heading to check 'em out !

Comment

Anyone know if there are any plans for a third set of them? I have all 12 (6 SGA/6 SG-1) that have been released so far.

I'd really like one featuring David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                  Anyone know if there are any plans for a third set of them? I have all 12 (6 SGA/6 SG-1) that have been released so far.
                  We're currently working on a third Stargate SG-1 series that will feature two three-part episodic stories, featuring the characters of Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran; at the moment we're trying to tie down our actors for recording sessions, but they're busy people...

I'd really like one featuring David Hewlett
                  So would we!

Out Now:
                  Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                  Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                  "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                    We're currently working on a third Stargate SG-1 series that will feature two three-part episodic stories, featuring the characters of Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran; at the moment we're trying to tie down our actors for recording sessions, but they're busy people...
                    More Vala/Daniel ones? Awesome. That was my favorite of the SG-1 ones so far. They just have such great chemistry.

Comment

Oh these are great! Now I have something to lighten up the trip around town at work. Thanks I had no idea these existed!

Comment

{mod snip}

but if they could stop me from listening to all of my 5000+ songs on my iPod over and over again at work, then why shouldn't I give them a try.

Though listening to all those songs does keep me busy for approx. 5 to 6 weeks. I doubt the audioplays can do that.
                        Last edited by KatG; 30 March 2011, 05:03 PM. Reason: quoted post removed
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah but, when your drive around all day it's nice to have a story once in awhile to listen to. I had the MP3 of a twilight zone (the originals) that someone who I assume was blind uploaded on a torrent site. They passed the time in a fun way and I was excited to get back to my vehicle and continue listening in between stops.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                            Do you have any plans to publish the scripts? I have a hearing impairment that prevents me from enjoying many audiobooks.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermassive1 View Post
                              Yeah but, when your drive around all day it's nice to have a story once in awhile to listen to. I had the MP3 of a twilight zone (the originals) that someone who I assume was blind uploaded on a torrent site. They passed the time in a fun way and I was excited to get back to my vehicle and continue listening in between stops.
                              Indeed. I much prefer listening to conversations (podcasts) or audio stories while I'm driving. I'll often listen to the audio stories when I can't get to sleep and just enjoying them in bed.

I just wish Season 3 would hurry up.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X