Temporal Cold War Borg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporal Cold War Borg?

I was watching today's repeat of ENT and wondered why were the Borg not involved in the Temporal Cold War?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

My own personal take is that the Borg don't exist anymore by then, or at least not as a credible threat. Some of the reasoning behind the design of the Ent-J in Azati Prime was that by then the Federation is so advanced that they're folding space and exploring other galaxies, and that's 'just' the 26th-century. And even discounting that behind-the-scenes information, we know that the Federation is advanced enough that they're quite capable of fighting (and defeating) trans-dimensional enemies. We also know (from Daniels) that by the 31st century, time travel is so common that quantum discriminators are in the desk of every high school student.

With technology this advanced in the hands of the 'good guys', my supposition is that either the Borg have been totally destroyed/de-assimilated or else they've been completely isolated by the more advanced powers and no longer represent a threat to anyone else.

We know from their basic nature that rather than innovate, the Borg simply assimilate in order to advance themselves. And we know that as a result of Endgame, the Federation rather suddenly comes into possession of technology decades in advance of what they already had--technology that put the Borg to shame. So already by 2377 in the canon timeline, the Federation is more than capable of whipping the Borg into submission. Now imagine 3 centuries of advancement on top of technology that was already capable of devastating the Borg? Or 3 centuries after that, when the TCW apparently begins?

On an only vaguely related note, the Trek sub-forum regulars might be interested (shocked) to hear that lately I've been considering watching voyager again for the first time since it aired
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 25 August 2010, 06:25 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The borg where assimilated , we know that by Ent-J they will have a big design and the ship that are design against the borg are small so the borg are wipe out by 26
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Wow, Digi. Keep us posted on your progress.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I said 'considering', 7 seasons is a lot to tackle
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            On an only vaguely related note, the Trek sub-forum regulars might be interested (shocked) to hear that lately I've been considering watching voyager again for the first time since it aired

Comment

I said 'considering', 7 seasons is a lot to tackle
              There are a handful of Voyager episodes that are actually very good. But we both know that that was hardly par for the course. Personally I think you should skip some episodes, like say Threshold.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                There are a handful of Voyager episodes that are actually very good. But we both know that that was hardly par for the course. Personally I think you should skip some episodes, like say Threshold.
                Yes, for instance

Comment

Yes, for instance
                  There are certain Voyager episodes that I will absolutely never watch again. Threshold happens to be the top of that list.
                  sigpic

Comment

There are certain Voyager episodes that I will absolutely never watch again. Threshold happens to be the top of that list.
                    Endgame would be #2 on the list for me, if it didn't contain parts important to future Trek incarnations

Comment

I loved that episode. It was really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        I loved that episode. It was really well done.
                        When an episode so bad the writers say its not canon you know its not well done
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Endgame would be #2 on the list for me, if it didn't contain parts important to future Trek incarnations
                          I thought Endgame had some good character moments but it was definitely not on par with What You Leave Behind, not by a long shot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            When an episode so bad the writers say its not canon you know its not well done
                            Must spread reps

Comment

I thought Endgame had some good character moments but it was definitely not on par with What You Leave Behind, not by a long shot.
                              None of the finales where on par with What You Leave Behind. Its a league of its own and I rather like Endgame.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X