Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people have so much hate for season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people have so much hate for season 5?

I seem to come across alot of S5 hate. I'm not arguing that it was a "good" or "bad" season, but what exactly what were the things that were "bad" about it or that people didn't like?

It is only a select few that make posts around here. Other sites have given it good feedback. It's sorta like how it seems everyone hates SGU, but it is only a select few that hate it, but are the loudest voices.

To me it was not the best, but certainly not the worst.
    Last edited by Briangate78; 20 August 2010, 08:51 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Too much focus on the McKay/Keller relationship.
      Too much focus on McKay.
      Too many episodes focussed on Keller.
      Too little focus on Ronon or Teyla.
      A couple or a few episodes that some thought were really awful.

Just to name a few of the reasons people don't like it.

Comment

What hedwig said.

Also, before there was one episode per Season I found blah... in Season 5 were at least three or four and one I found really, really awful. That's saying a lot...
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I'm pretty much in agreement with hedwig, the McKeller thing really got to me. I wanted TEAM! And I do really love McKay, but not as the sole focus of the show.

There were several of my favorite episodes in Season 5, but I didn't like the way it seemed to be headed with the focus on the above relationship to the exclusion of the other characters. Even if you tell me it wasn't on the screen all that much, it seemed to permeate the latter part of the season, even in the background. I hated it!

That said, I'm always optimistic that things could have been steered back to a Team focus with another season... (rose coloured glasses firmly in place here) There were some really great moments in Season 5 so the basis for continuing the goodness was there, I just have to have hope that TPTB would have realized where they were heading and pulled back a bit.
          Last edited by Lythisrose; 20 August 2010, 09:43 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty much only Episodes grabbed my attention in the whole season. That being the Asgard two parter and Vegas. And even then both could have been much better. I also began to slowly become completely disasociated with all the characters apart from Woolsey and Todd (full credit goes to both actors for that as well)
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

season 5 had some nice episodes in it, but also a lot that I don't even remember now that I'm looking at the synopsis.
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Season 5 started off very strong, had a good mid-season then we got eps like Inquisition, Brainstorm, and Identity. I never disliked so many eps in such a short period. Of course none of these eps were as bad as..................lol. You know which one I am referring to and it is not a SGA or SG-1 episode.
                sigpic

Comment

+1 to what hedwig said.

*said quietly*

Comment

Well the best episode in 5 was Vegas and it was related only to EatG , well i don't hate it because it belong to SG but i can't say that i like every episode
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Too much focus on the McKay/Keller relationship.
                      Too much focus on McKay.
                      Too many episodes focussed on Keller.
                      Too little focus on Ronon or Teyla.
                      A couple or a few episodes that some thought were really awful.

Just to name a few of the reasons people don't like it.
                      *points up* What Hedwig said

I couldn't stand almost half the eps of season 5 In previous seasons there were only 2 or 3 eps I didn't like.

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      Well the best episode in 5 was Vegas and it was related only to EatG , well i don't hate it because it belong to SG but i can't say that i like every episode
                      huh, I thought Vegas was one of the worst eps of the Franchise *shrugs*
                      sigpic

Comment

for me it was a huge let down from the awesomeness that was season 4. a arc based season worked so well for atlantis then season 5 comes around and it was right back to season 1-3 again
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          for me it was a huge let down from the awesomeness that was season 4. a arc based season worked so well for atlantis then season 5 comes around and it was right back to season 1-3 again
                          But without the team being together for most of it.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you really want to know -> there's a whole thread to read and learn from - Season 5 Critique & Contemplation
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Season 5 didn't have the coherency of seasons 1-3, which were the best in my opinion (S1/3 are my faves)... I'd never put S5 in the same catagory.

Season 4 was hit-and-miss for me. There were things I really liked about it, and some things I could've done without...

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X