Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should go to Chicago for the Creation event because I am a loyal fan who doesn't get out much... too much work.

Comment

I am new to fandom and have never really wanted to attend a convention, but I've been reading and listening to the experience of others on GateWorld and it has peaked my curiosity. One thing I know I would love about going to a convention would be the opportunity to be surrounded by so many other fans who love Stargate as much as I do. I wouldn't get strange looks when I said things like "I want to live, I want to experience the universe, and I want to eat pie" for a change.

And I have a very good friend who would just die to meet Michael Shanks. It would be so fun to see that (not my friend dying, just the meeting MS part).

Comment

I should because I've never been to a Creation con or any SG con, and I've never taken my wife to Chicago.
        My Family Blog

Comment

Well I guess I have to give my sad sack story too. I feel sorry for you guys having to pick.

I'm a 22 year old college student and my dad and I are longtime fans of Stargate. We first started watching the series in SciFi weekdays reruns back in like 2002 or 2003. Then one day we were at best Buy and Stargate: Extended Edition was on sale so we figured we'd start from the beginning. From there the seasons followed, and my mother even got in to it. She learned how to work the DVD player so she could watch Stargate before heading to nursing night shifts. I'd come home from my senior year in high school to mom walking out the door saying she watched a whole disc! And she usually hates science fiction. I even got a Star wars nut really into the show. She loved it and so do her younger brothers, but she won't show them seasons 9 onward because she thinks her mother would get pissed about Vala. lol

Anyway, back in February my dad and I thought about going to this convention as we live right near the Twin Cities. Wouldn't be a bad drive. A few weeks later though I took a bad fall on my college campus and broke my right ankle. That required a surgery that didn't even happen till a month later. So I didn't walk for 3 months and now I have plates in my leg. The bills are enormous. No way we can afford to go unless most of the trip is paid for.

After spending 3 months cooped up in the house all but one or two days of the week (because I couldn't drive until I was no longer wearing a cast) I could really use a vacation. Even though I'm walking again (that's an activity loaded with new sensations now) I still feel trapped in my own home. I'd love to go on a trip with my dad. That's something we haven't been able to do since I was a kid

Comment

I believe I should go because I have never had a chance, and I live in Chicago! Every year around August I get excited to go, and then something comes up. I have even bought tickets before and had to cancel!
            I have been a Stargate fan since the movie premiered back in 1994. I would love a chance to finally meet some of my favorite actors on the show.

Thanks and keep up the great work,

-John

Comment

I have been following Stargate since the movie came out and have followed all of the series and the spin offs.

Comment

I would LOVE to win tickets to Chicago Con!
                To see Joe and David on stage together would be AWESOME and hilarious.
                I am a HUGE Stargate Fan and own almost every Stargate dvd every produced. Even had to buy a second series set of SGA because I wore the first one out.
                I would love to meet people who like the same shows and actors as I do, there are not many around where I live.

It would be cool to meet others from Gateworld and from all over the world!!

PLEASE, Please pick me................. PLEASE!!

edit: I had hoped to see Jason as well, but I see he just pulled out of the Con.
                Last edited by RinkRat; 11 August 2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Chicago native who is a lifelong stargate fan. I've literally grown up with the show and anyone who knows me will tell you, I am the foremost stargate expert in 2 galaxies and whatever galaxy the destiny is in.

Comment

i should go because if i did, i'd probably be the first from my country to attend such con and have fun with the actors & actresses (laughing, taking pics, and a LOT of crying), then went back home to gloat about it to everybody and everywhere for a long, looooooooooooooong time

Comment

I would like to win this contest so that I can take my grandson Anthony to the convention. Anthony is a huge SGA fan and was really upset that they took it off the air. We still sit and watch the DVDs together. We follow David Hewlett's tweets together. He loves the SGA crew. I wanted to take him to the Chicago con as a very special 13th birthday present.

He just turned 13 in July - which we are very thankful for because his birthdays always remind us of his very scary start in life. He was born 3 months premature at a little over a pound. He had to be on a respirator for about two months. They told us he probably would not live. He spent the first few months of life in the neonatal unit with the amazing nurses and doctors. He was what they call a 'micro preemie' and not expected to live. He was so tiny when he was born - lots of curly hair but no eyebrows yet. It was a long time before he even cried - which sounded more like a kitten's mew. Just after his birth, I went to see him in the neonatal unit - when I put my gloved hand through the incubator hole - he latched on to my finger and wouldn't let go. We've been close ever since. He likes a lot of things that I do - Josh Groban, Dr Who and Stargate Atlantis. Friday nights were a big event out here in rural Maine for us - "Stargate Night". I would love to have him meet the Stargate crew and get his photo with them. This would be a dream come true for him.

I had been thinking of taking him out there but just can't afford it. I'm a guardian ad litem protecting children in courts in divorce and parental rights cases - working solely with low income families who cannot pay much for my services. I accept these cases because they often involve domestic violence, child abuse allegations, criminal activity, false allegations, and serious drug issues. But I really make very little money off any case I have. I had hoped to have the money for tickets soon but I didn't get paid like I was supposed to on a case that just closed (and won't get paid because the person will be in jail).

Anyway, I would love to be able to take him to Chicago to meet the SGA crew. That would really be a dream come true for him.

Comment

Hello:

I have been an avid fan of Stargate since day one and have never been to a Stargate convention. I have several blogs all devoted to Stargate, have worked for the MGM Special Ops team, I twitter about Stargate and promote the show to everyone I meet. I love the Stargate franchise and would be absolutely thrilled to win tickets to the convention.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

....and as always....

Have A Very Stargate Day!

BillieO

Comment

I should go because I got my wife to start watching stargate when we got married and now she loves it. She jumped in during SGA and then we went back and watched it all then we watched SG1 all the way through. And now we are watching SGU

Comment

I think that I should win the tickets is because me and my dad own all of the SG1/SGA/SGU episodes and all of the movies and we have never been had enough money to go to a convention. Me and my dad spend hours watching all of them over and over again almost every day because we love them so much! I actually made my own Stargate picture on Photoshop and put it up in my room. I also did almost all of my Multi-Media projects on Stargate, my teacher had no idea what it was but oh well!

When I am bored I create Stargate wallpapers and put them up on my desktop, I even customized my email to have Dr. Rush and Destiny on it. I would love the opportunity to go to the convention and meet the stars that inspired me!

Comment

I think I should win because this would be my only opportunity to go to a Stargate Con, unfortunately we can never afford tickets.

Comment

I would love to go to this convention, not only because I am a huge Stargate fan, but because it would really help out my fanfiction writing. I have a goal to rewrite every Stargate episode, adding a character based on myself into the fandom, and I really think that talking with the actors could help me see just how well I've written their characters! Yeah, I'm only half kidding. I would love to meet the actors though. That would be amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X