Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Want to go to the biggest Stargate convention in the United States? GateWorld has your tickets, and all you have to do is let us know why you believe they should be yours!

Creation Entertainment is holding their annual Official Stargate Convention August 27 to August 29 at the Westin O'Hare in Chicago -- and through their generosity, GateWorld is pleased to be able to give away a pair of "Preferred Weekend" passes to the con. Details about the con were recently published.

This prize package, with a retail value of $500, will give you and a guest reserved seating at the convention, tickets to a music concert featuring Atlantis actor Jason Momoa, a karaoke party hosted by Robert Picardo, complimentary in-person autographs by more than half of the Stargate celebrities attending, and much more!

What do you have to do to win? Post in this forum contest thread (register if you haven't already) about why you believe you should win. The thread will be open until this Saturday evening, August 14 at 6:00 P.M. eastern time, and the winner will be contacted immediately after. If you enter, be sure to be watching your forum inbox for a message from us around that time. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours to accept and claim their prize, a new winner will be selected.

As always, remember that if you know you won't be able to attend, please do not enter. Also, the contest winner receives tickets to the convention only. Travel and lodging accomodations are the responsibility of the winner and are not included as part of the prize package.

Good luck, and see you at the convention! And as always, a very special thank you to Creation Entertainment for their continued generosity and support of GateWorld!
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

I should get the tickets because in all the time I have been a SG fan I have never been able to go to a con. I have wanted to go for so long and if I get the tickets it would truly be a dream come true.

Comment

I think I should win because I'm a huge stargate fan and never been to any stargate convention. I own every SGA/SGU/SG1 Episode and all the movies. I have all the patches collected and framed in my room. Would love the opportunity to go to this convention.

Comment

I think i shoud win because i have never been to any of the conventions due to low budget.. I am a huge stargate fan! I own the complete collection box of sg1 and atlantis and have watched every episode at least twice! I am dying to see the actors in real life so please gateworld!! i need those tickets! :-)

Comment

Howdy

I can remember staying up late Sunday nights just to watch an episode of SG1. I have watched every episode of each series ( even to single season cartoon). I have always wanted to meet the cast and go to one of the conventions for awhile now . Winning these tickets would make my year .

Thanks and Gig'em

Comment

I’m sure everyone’s got good reasons for wanting to go to the convention,
            And all the reasons for which I’d give anything to go, are too numerous to mention.

I’ve written more than two hundred poems about the Stargate shows,
            How large that number will one day be, heaven only knows.

I’d give anything to write for the Stargate Novels Team,
            And to actually meet Joe Flannigan would be such a dream.

Jason Momoa and David Hewlett are my two other favorite Atlantis guys,
            As I wanted to be an archaeologist I’d love to meet who played Daniel Jackson-The Wise.

I even write fan-fiction, because I can’t get enough of the show,
            I’d have a million stories if only time would permit me to you know.

I’ve written reviews for near every Fandemonium Stargate Novel,
            To go to this convention I’d be dang near willing to grovel.

I’ve never had the money to go to a Stargate Convention before,
            Though there are very few things that I’ve ever wanted more.

I’m no better than anyone else, so why should I be the one to win?
            Well, I can’t really answer that, but I’d be more grateful than most anyone’s ever been!

Comment

There is no good reason why I should win. It would simply be convenient.

Comment

I live & breath everything Stargate. I've spent about $900+ alone on movies, every season available on dvd, t-shirts etc...I also have an appointment set in September to get a Stargate themed tattoo done on me. I watch Stargate literally everyday, I'm always browsing blogs, videos on youtube etc that have anything to do with Stargate. I'm sure there are other people way more deserving of winning this but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Throughout the years, I have forced all my friends and some strangers to watch the show even if they didn't like it. Till this day they are surprised that I never attended any of the stargate conventions or met any of the actors. The shame.
                  sigpic

Comment

I should win because I am a huge fan of all three franchises yet, with three kids, a mortgage, and a full time job which includes working on many weekends, I have never had the time or money to go to a convention. However, my parents live in Chicago and my mother could watch the kids and my father would love to come with me so, as that con also happens to fall on one of my weekends off, if I won the tickets I could actually finally attend a Stargate convention.

Comment

I love everything stargate and Gateworld. Never been to a con, want this to be my 1st one please!

Comment

i think i should win those tickets is because im 16 years old, have a heart problem, and the biggest stargate fan in durham north carolina

"ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND WILL HAPPEN AGIAN"

Comment

I hope I am able to win the tickets for I live up in the Netherlands and it would be a one time oppurtunity in my life to visit the States for a good reason!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Watching Stargate has been a haven for my husband and I. It is the 45 minutes we take out of our day to be together and set all of our responsibilities aside. We have 2 children with special needs. Our 4 year old has Sensory Processing Disorder. This means that her nervous system has no filter and never will. She takes in everything from the world around her and cannot sort it out. She hears everything, smells everything, etc. She won't even be near her sister's sippycup because of the smell. Not only are her traditional 5 senses effected, but there are others that I never even knew about. Her vestibular sense and proprioceptive sense also don't function properly. Light touch to her skin in painful. She doesn't realize where her body is in space. These things are just the tip of the iceberg. She now sees a psychiatrist for anxiety and behavioral disorders stemming from the SPD. She reacts with the fight or flight response to many of the stimuli she can't sort out. Unfortunately she's a fighter. She would rather scream, hit, kick, etc. that be exposed to a frightening stimuli such as the smell of chocolate. She has been banned from drop off programs because the staff cannot handle her if she gets scared or angry. This is just one of our children that we use Stargate to take a break from.
                            Our second daughter is 2 years old. We thought we were having a healthy baby. She was born with multiple heart defects that required her to have open chest surgery at 6 days old. Her body temperature was dropped by 50% by surrounding her in ice packs, her sternum was cracked open, and her heart was stopped while she was put on a bypass machine. For 1 week we couldn't hold her and for 2 weeks she couldn't eat. In her first year of life she battled bronchitis for 4 months. She has continued to need medical attention and may still require further surgeries as she gets older.
                            We love our children, but our lives are filled with caring for them and helping them get through day to day living. What a treat it would be to get a way for a weekend an immerse ourselves in something we enjoy so much. We had actually wanted to go, but cannot afford the tickets with all of the medical expenses we have incurred. We also have never been away from the children since they were born. We really could use this time without them to refuel. THank you for considering us.

Comment

Can't think of a good reason for me to win, but I really really really want to go and this is the first time I'll get the chance to go. And it's the perfect birthday gift for my best friend. I would definitely be doing it for her more than me. She's an amazing person and deserves so much more than what I can afford to give her. Between work and family she has almost no time to herself and is the type of person that would give you the shirt off her back to help a friend. I owe her a lot and this would go along way to repaying her for everything. That and the drive from Columbus, Ohio to Chicago isn't that bad. Thanks for the consideration. Jamie

Comment

Working...
                              X