After 'Smallville': The Spin-Offs We Want to See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 'Smallville': The Spin-Offs We Want to See

"Season 10 of "Smallville" doesn't start until September 24, but it looks like they're ready for the show to go the way of Krypton. The president of The CW recently said the network is exploring other DC Comics characters to bring to the small screen.

Here's who we think would be worthy of a spin-off series: Here
    "

Catwoman
    Just put the Halle Berry "Catwoman" movie out of your head, as well as Tim Burton's "Batman Returns." The real Catwoman is simply an incredibly skilled cat burglar and single mother who carries a whip and likes to wear cat ears. And really, can't we all relate?

Nightwing
    Everything that Superman does on "Smallville" — patrolling dark alleys, striking dramatic poses on rooftops — that's Nightwing's shtick. The crime-fighter formerly known as Robin is clearly trying to live up to the bar set by his mentor Batman. While the Dark Knight likely won't be allowed to appear on the show, we'd still want to see a mysterious benefactor paying Dick's rent in crime-ridden Blüdhaven.

Wonder Girl
    So the "Wonder Woman" movie didn't happen — who cares? Lay the groundwork for her return by putting a recognizable name on the standard "teenage girl who knows martial arts" TV genre. Instead of Buffy or Nikita kicking butt, it's Cassandra Sandsmark, the daughter of Zeus and a mortal archaeologist, who has the powers of strength and flight.

The Question
    The character that inspired Rorschach in "Watchmen," The Question was actually radio news reporter Vic Sage, who also fought corruption and conspiracies as a faceless, street-level vigilante. Put Sage to work for NPR, have him battle the same government that pays his salary, and throw in some super-powered pawns for him to fight with, and you're in business.

Vixen
    Born in the African nation of Zambesi, Mari Jiwe McCabe emigrated to New York City and became a supermodel. But when she returned home to visit the place of her birth, she came into possession of a mythical totem that would give her the powers of any animal on Earth. An African supermodel with animal strength and speed, fighting crime? It practically writes itself!

Mister Miracle
    We hear Darkseid and the New Gods will feature prominently in the new season of "Smallville," so why not give the most popular New God his own show? The son of the benevolent Highfather, Scott Free was traded to Darkseid as part of a peace treaty and raised in the barbaric orphanages of Apokolips. Running away to Earth, he became the greatest artist in history.

I'd personally like a Wonder Woman show. Catwoman really was never that interesting to me.

How about a spin off with Dean Cain as that Immortal Guy ? It starts with the how & why he becomes Immortal & then each season could take place different time of his life. He seemed like he could be Vandal Savage to me & Curtis Knox was just one of those fake name things

Comment

Justice League Spin off please
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

nightwing!!!

i've always wanted too read those comics
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Metropolis

Apocalypse

Krypton- Reconstruction

Comment

Anything....anybody....more live-action superhero shows are very welcome. Nightwing would be great though!

Comment

Justice League, Justice Society or some of mix of characters from both. Green Arrow getting a solo series wouldn't be a bad choice but the writers of Smallville have never did anything to make me think the character could carry his own show.

sigpic

Comment

Anybody !!! I don't really care ... but Nightwing would be great
                The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                sigpic

Comment

LuthorCorp: The Rise and Fall of the Luthors. It could be a 10 episode mininseries. The story of Smallville would be retold from the perspective of first Lionel and later Lex Luthor. Similar to the episode of Battlestar Galactica where the Cylons told the story from their point of view. Clark, Lois, Lana, Chloe, Kara, Pete etc. would all be in the mini-series. The only difference is the story arc would be centered around Lionel and Lex, not Clark. Think about it. No one really knows where The Luthors come from. How did they get their money and power? Make Michael Rosenbaum the star of the show, and John Glover the co-star. John Schneider could make guest appearances as Jonathan Kent and we could find out for the first time how Lionel and Jonathan went from being good friends to bitter enemies. It would be fascinating.
                  Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 13 August 2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    Catwoman
                    Just put the Halle Berry "Catwoman" movie out of your head, as well as Tim Burton's "Batman Returns." The real Catwoman is simply an incredibly skilled cat burglar and single mother who carries a whip and likes to wear cat ears. And really, can't we all relate?

Nightwing
                    Everything that Superman does on "Smallville" — patrolling dark alleys, striking dramatic poses on rooftops — that's Nightwing's shtick. The crime-fighter formerly known as Robin is clearly trying to live up to the bar set by his mentor Batman. While the Dark Knight likely won't be allowed to appear on the show, we'd still want to see a mysterious benefactor paying Dick's rent in crime-ridden Blüdhaven.
                    These are the only proposed ideas that I have any interest in. The world of Superman is mostly boring to me, though I did like the feature films. Aside from that... eh... Now, the world of Batman's Gotham City... now that is interesting!

Comment

Working...
                    X