Stoned (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoned (407)

Tensions between Carter and Grant over Allison peak, Henry woos his own wife and Zoe deals with a secret love as something begins turning townsfolk into stone.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Is it me, or was the construction orange jumpsuit near the beginning a recycled deck gang jumpsuit from BSG?

edit; and now that I'm done the episode....

Keegan Connor Tracy! Fell in love when she first showed up on BSG, and no less so now.... *drool* And she was hilarious to boot

The talking statues were creepy as hell, and then the stone Dr. Zimmer in the jail cell really really reminded me of the Weeping Angels in Doctor Who. And then the little Doctor Who reference shortly afterward was a nice touch too

I'm really, really frelling sick of the Carter/Allison 'ship though. Jesus. It's been over since the end of season 1, LET IT GO. I'm also really starting to be bothered by the lack of duplicates in the alternate timeline.... They travelled back in time and caused a divergent timeline, their return to the present should've posed even more problems because there should be alternate timeline versions of themselves already there since the alt-timeline versions of themselves never went back in time.

Goofy ass Henry ending too lol. I kept expecting a cameo from Bill Nye.

But WAHOO BEVERLY! And great preview for next week too
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 August 2010, 08:21 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Here's a thought.... If Kevin was never autistic in this episode, maybe he never absorbed the energy of The Artifact, and Beverly's group has it somehow.

Comment

Pretty good episode. I love me some Zoe, I love me some Carter/Allison (I've learnt that the writers want it, and we can't stop it. Might as well just ROLL WITH IT... I still miss Tess though. ), I love Henry actually getting a measure of happiness and I especially love that Jo's getting tortured this year. It's fun!

And Beverly's back. Awesome. Awesome to the max.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
          Here's a thought.... If Kevin was never autistic in this episode, maybe he never absorbed the energy of The Artifact, and Beverly's group has it somehow.
          That's an interesting thought. I'd love to see a return to the Artifact storyline. And I really, really hope that Beverly's return means a return to the Consortium storyline.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When Zoe bumped into Zane at the start of the episode I think it was pretty clear the 'mystery man' was Zane.

I hope Jo gets back with Zane some how, the two actors work really well together.

It feels good to have Beverly back, I wonder how they're going to play it. Why is she in accounting? Maybe the Consortium is back too and they have puppets everywhere? I'm looking forward to this part of the story line.

As for the episode itself, I think it was pretty slow, I was fairly disinterested at the start. I don't think they wrote the perm part well. Everything else was interesting though.

The Henry + Grace part was quite funny Do you think that was Fargo's idea?

And an episode without Sarah is weird.

Comment

Love love loved the end with Henry/Grace, them singing and dancing to "She Blinded Me with Science"

Loved Zane offering to look up the TARDIS blueprints! Total geekout moment there for 3/5 our household.

Jo angst! Just when we think they might slowly bring Jo and Zane back together something else interrupts them.

The whole Zane/Zoe thing? (wow is that weird to type) I'll be ok with it if it lasts like 2 - 3 episodes with one or the other realizing it is just a crush and they never speak of it again.

Beverly will be awesome! It'll be interesting to see how all of that plays out.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I thought the episode was awesome--and yeah! Allison and Carter! And I feel so bad for Jo. And the Henry and Grace thing is really fun to watch. She's awesome!

But NOOOOOO!

Spoiler:
                Nathan in the "next time on" teaser! I could have gone the entire rest of the series run without seeing him! Bleah!!!!

And the stone people reminded me of Dr. Who Crying Angels, too. Although the Who ones are completely bone chilling and I can't watch them. ***shivers***

But I'm liking this AU thing--I think it's a great take on things. And who says that the bridge device didn't suddenly transfer the dupes to the original time line? I'm not having a problem with that.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Carter and everyone from alternate timeline with know Beverly is bad even if she hasn't been outed in this storyline yet, but will she blackmail them? Will Grant work with her to get back at Jack for getting the girl? I liked this episode!
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome Episode.

Henry officially rocks, he did before but now he really does.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I thought the episode was awesome--and yeah! Allison and Carter! And I feel so bad for Jo. And the Henry and Grace thing is really fun to watch. She's awesome!

But NOOOOOO!

Spoiler:
                      Nathan in the "next time on" teaser! I could have gone the entire rest of the series run without seeing him! Bleah!!!!

And the stone people reminded me of Dr. Who Crying Angels, too. Although the Who ones are completely bone chilling and I can't watch them. ***shivers***

But I'm liking this AU thing--I think it's a great take on things. And who says that the bridge device didn't suddenly transfer the dupes to the original time line? I'm not having a problem with that.
                      Spoiler:
                      argh !!! they finally get it on with the crazy kissing and he is coming back !!! , but don't get me wrong I love Ed O'Quinn sexy back , he just can't be with Allison, ill what if he is married or together with Beverly Barlowe !!? shocker !

By the way I luv Debrah Farentino on Earth 2 , awesome show
                      Last edited by KatG; 06 October 2010, 11:51 AM.
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I still don't really know what to make of this new direction. I hope they find a way to get the timeline back on track. I did like Carter in this ep, his expressions were pretty much mirroring my own half the time But I do wish they would put this whole Carter/Allison thing to bed now. I mean we haven't got anything with Carter/Allison for the last two seasons and then it's all back on at the beginning of this season? I thought he was over it Either get them together for real or just leave it well enough alone. Just do something instead of this they have the hots for each other/no they don't/yes they do scenario. They should have kept Tess, I liked her And Tess and Carter go well together.

Oh and Jo is really getting put through the ringer this season Poor Jo But isn't the angst great

And the comment..."Your house is getting more action than either of us" That is just so wrong
                        Last edited by Linda06; 06 October 2010, 09:37 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Folks, please either spoiler tag or don't talk about next week's eps. People don't like to be spoiled. thanks
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

EPISODE 4.7
                            STONED

IMDB SYNOPSIS (Partial): Romantic relationships are in flux.

LIKED.....
                            Despite the RED FLAG of that partial IMDB Synopsis, there were parts of this episode I really enjoyed - at least a couple. Firstly I will spoil that there is a Musical Number and I greatly enjoyed cringing through the whole thing. Second I absolutely loved the predictable ending with Dr Grant.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
                            About 90% of this episode was just relationship NONSENSE ​ that was a waste of my time. And it was a total missed opportunity involving the MOST CRINGE-WORTHY thing Eureka has ever done. I have no clue what they were thinking or why, but Zoe is back and she helped serve it up. Reading throught the thread I agree that it was quite obvious Zane was the mystery man and how gross was that. Never liked him and in fairness at this point I don't know or think he has done anything wrong with regard to Zoe.

On the whole I can see why some would find this episode appealing. I was going to rank it pretty low until the Grant stuff paid off at the end.

I will say that overall I am ready for some more dramatic differences between the timelines.

Comment

Working...
                            X