This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"War and Peace" Costume Ideas Needed!

I am going to the mid year ball of the college i am staying at and i need a costume idea. The theme is "War and Peace". I have two days. Money is not really a problem and if i have to paper mache a hat together i have the skillz to do so.

Any ideas?

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

lol, i dont think its meant to be that literal

Comment

If it's about the book, Napoleon would be a good place to start. If you just want to do something more general, Bush or Bin Laden.

sigpic

Comment

Hire an elite team of scientists to design a time machine, build it, and go back in time to the day of Napoleons defeat at Waterloo and steal his uniform.
          What? You did say that money wasn't a problem.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Hire an elite team of scientists to design a time machine, build it, and go back in time to the day of Napoleons defeat at Waterloo and steal his uniform.
            What? You did say that money wasn't a problem.
            i said money wasnt really a problem...

ive decided to go dressed as predator...OH YEAH!

Comment

maybe something like this

you also need an angel and an devil on your side
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                lol, i dont think its meant to be that literal
                Worth a shot
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Google the pictures of Hussars, either Russian or Napoleonic. They were probably the most stylish-dressed soldiers of their time.

Here's the portrait of the famous Russian Hussar commander Denis Davydov:

Granted, the dolman (Hussar jacket) is quite elaborate and might be hard to make, but that's why Hussars were so popular with women of their time, you know

If the Hussar uniform is too complicated, you could go for another Russian cavalry unit of that time, the Cossack:

If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

nope i went with predator...ill post some pics of the costume im about 1/3rd through making

Comment

sounds pretty kick ass, will you have cloaking technology?
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        sounds pretty kick ass, will you have cloaking technology?
                        i couldnt get it working in time.

my costume was fantastic, id upload some pictures but i didnt take any and the photos i am most likely in were from people who i had no clue who they were!

and i have misplaced my helmet, i gave it to some asian girl (which began with some heavy grinding on the dancefloor) and i didnt get into the club we all went to afterwards because apparently I was too drunk, despite the fact that girl standing in line in front of me vomited on herself and got in straight away.

i drank like 20 beers, so it was a good night

Comment

Working...
                        X