Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

7 ways The Event will be like Lost (and 1 way it won't)

Looking for a new show to get obsessed with now that Lost is over? We sure are. We've been hurt before, though. FlashForward promised to be good to us but left us crying in a tub of Haagen-Dazs. But come September, NBC will be offering The Event to viewers who are ready to take a chance on another big mystery.

The show's producers and stars laid out the reasons The Event could be our new Lost when they spoke at the Television Critics Association press tour on July 30 in Beverly Hills, Calif.

http://blastr.com/2010/07/8-ways-the-event-will-be.php

The Event's Mysterious Mysteries

NBC's new series The Event is a mystery – that much is clear, but little else is. The ads for the show have been very vague, and while I've actually seen the pilot, it's hard to discuss without feeling I'm giving too much away, particularly involving what occurs at the end of the pilot (but I will say it's pretty dang cool what happens). What I can say is it involves a group led by Laura Innes' Sophia; a young man (Jason Ritter) on vacation with his girlfriend (Sarah Roemer), only to have her seemingly vanish; and the president of the United States (Blair Underwood), who finds himself in the center of a crisis.

Speaking to the press today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, executive producer Evan Katz noted that when it came to the secrets of show, "We're very cognizant of the audience's patience - of rewarding the audience. The show is designed to keep them hooked. We're keeping mysteries open, but we're also solving them." Katz added, "In the second episode, we are very clearly answering the two largest open questions in the pilot."

continues:
    http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1109684p1.html

The Event Videos

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/057/057223/vids_1.html

The Event Images

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/057/057223/imgs_1.html

SDCC: The Event Screened

Most of the one-hour panel devoted to The Event at San Diego Comic-Con was spent showing the pilot episode to an eager audience looking for the next Heroes, Lost or 24 now that those shows have disappeared from the TV schedule. We got a chance to watch along with everyone else, so what did we think?

continues:
    http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108405p1.html

Blair Underwood teases 'Event' character
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s12...character.html

Comment

I noticed the commercials while Persons Unknown and some other series, though I havent seen the trailer till now. I really hope its going to be something good to riddle about and also not be about aliens.

To be honest, from what I have seen and read, it will probably play out to be a plot by the World Goverments to hide Alien Intelligence. That or maybe Meta-humans, but both of them have been done. So I am sceptic, but still hope.

What are your opinions?
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I'm skeptical but excited about "The Event" although if it is similar to Lost in that we never find out what the event (or Lost Island) is until many seasons in the future I'm going to bug out and catch the DVD's.

Whether it is aliens, meta-humans, another intelligent lifeform sharing earth now coming forward, dimensional portal, end of world or something else I won't get upset that "it's been done" because everything has but I'll enjoy it if it is an original and captivating way of telling the story that leaves me always wanting more!

I guess we'll discuss it tomorrow, even though we aren't going to find out
        Spoiler:
        what the event is this week.
        sigpic

Comment

First 4 episode titles

Episode 1 “I Haven’t Told You Everything”
          Episode 2 “To Keep Us Safe”
          Episode 3 “Protect Them From the Truth”
          Episode 4 “A Matter of Life and Death”
          Source
          sigpic

Comment

Won't have to wait long for answers

“That was definitely something I wanted to do – making sure that we would give the audience major answers every week and then keep setting up new questions, new problems and new mysteries.”
            Nick Wauters full interview (Event Creator)
            sigpic

Comment

The Event's premiering tonight... Will I see a new Lost (Yay!), or a new FlashForward (Ugh)? TIME WILL TELL... but the pilot's a good start.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                The Event's premiering tonight... Will I see a new Lost (Yay!), or a new FlashForward (Ugh)? TIME WILL TELL... but the pilot's a good start.
                I really kinda hate the hype surrounding this show, because I don't think it will meet up to Season 1 of Lost which may have been the best Season 1 of any show ever, but will it be a great show? I hope so.
                sigpic

Comment

I just watched the pilot - and it's pretty awesome. The approach is similar to Lost - building realistic well-rounded characters and watching the events unfold around them / because of them. The pilot had a very good blend of actual story together with some drama. We've got hints of a government conspiracy, sci-fi elements and a lot of room for action and suspense in future episodes.

It was very well done and I've got high hopes for it.

Spoiler:
                  And a 747 going through a hyperspace window. Hells yeah!
                  Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

That was pretty intense, I think im going to like this show, i loved how they did a scene from different characters perspectives, while it was pretty darn confusing i thought it was awesome at the same time

Spoiler:
                    Wonder where they went?
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Yeah, I liked it a lot. The characters that are meant to be sympathetic are sympathetic right off the bat, and the ones that aren't are mysterious and stuff without being overt and overly 'I R MYSTERIOUS!', which is fantastic. Of course, I've heard of shows with great pilots and crappy follow-ups, but I have some positivity in my mind for this show. It's certainly off to a good start.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I had mixed feelings. The episode ended on a high, but for the majority of it all I was thinking was how hard they're trying to be the next Lost, and how hard they were failing. The jumps in time missed a lot of musical cues and were ridiculously jarring at times, not fun to watch. Interesting enough to make me want to see what happens next though, so still better than the majority of TV out there IMO.

Comment

First - I'm not expecting this to meet up to Lost standards.

Overall I was really impressed. My one main complaint is that sometimes all the jumping around between different people and periods in time got a little confusing. Some parts were a bit slow, but they ended up paying off. I loved how we kept getting little hints about "The Event"

The lady saying past President's haven't helped us. So I guess this has been around at least 10+ years but I suspect longer, or they've known it was coming.

It's "them"? Aliens or what? Not sure I guess.

The ending with the plane being transported somewhere was quite a cliffhanger, but I'm so glad things have progressed rather quickly and aren't moving at a snails pace like some shows do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really tried to like it.--- and at the end I did. I hope it does not get the same end like FlashForward (Which I hated!)... I like the actors (most of them) and the characters are likeable, yes it tried to be LOST for some parts but we have just to ignore it because if you compare every other show with LOST you are not able to enjoy it much. For its own it was a decent start and Im gonna stick to the show, hope its gonna past season one.
                            sigpic

Comment

The show was okay. The flashbacks got annoying but the mystery and action kept my entertained through out the episode. Especially that ending. For spoiler reasons I won't mention in detail but it shocked me. Now to the ratings....

The Event got a 7.5 HH 18-49 and scored 11 million viewers for its premiere

\http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X