Sherwood (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherwood (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Syfy Announces Development Slate of 7 New Scripted Projects Featuring ‘Ball & Chain,’ ‘Me and Lee,’ ‘Orion‘ & ‘Sherwood‘

SHERWOOD

In this “Robin Hood” story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.

Writer: Damian Kindler

Executive Producers: Damian Kindler, Martin Wood, and Amanda Tapping for

My Plastic Badgers Productions
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/30...sherwood/58709

Sounds interesting, and its from the Sanctuary Team? im definatly going to check this out

Wonder if AT will also star in this, i hope she does aslong it doesnt take away from her roll on Sanctuary
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 31 July 2010, 02:56 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I wonder what this means for Sanctuary. I don't see how they can make both, not now Sanctuary has 20 episode seasons...

Comment

this just seems odd cause they just said they're on hiatus from Sanctuary right now and start up tuesday to go through until oct or so....I just dont' know when they'd have time to do much about it unless it's a case of Damian writing and them offering some support and someone else is doing all the heavy lifting.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting.. Unless they plan to fit the show in after sanctuary has finished for the season.. but now that it has 20 epsidoes it seems like its a tight squeeze... i hope it doesn't take it away from Sanctuary... but with these guys at the hem i'll be watching it...
          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I believe when they started Sanctuary they said it would be just the first of many shows an projects that Stage 3 Media would go on to produce. They wanted it to become a big Canadian studio an production house. I suspect it was born from the fact many Stargate writers directors had struggle to get there own ideas an work on to screens.

Anyway I look forwared to seeing more info on it, but it sounds good an it fit in with what syfy said last year of there aims to bring a space opera back to TV.
            I hope it like Spooks set in space, that would be cool
            Last edited by knowles2; 31 July 2010, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Another show for scifi fans to fall in love with followed by a 1-2 season cancellation

Comment

Could be great!! Coming from this team.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

hmmm. Not too sure about this myself. Could be good but the synopsis makes it sound like they want to try and create a new Firefly. Nothing wrong with that....but only if it's done well.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This sounds SWEET!
                    sigpic

Comment

Why I think that there are many tv shows about Robin Hood for now ? And now this one new ?
                      Hm .. I don't know what to think about it. But if it will be as good as Sanctuary, I will check it out. I think that if Amanda will be producer, she can appear there as a quest starring or small role
                      I wait for more info
                      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                        Why I think that there are many tv shows about Robin Hood for now ? And now this one new ?
                        Hm .. I don't know what to think about it. But if it will be as good as Sanctuary, I will check it out. I think that if Amanda will be producer, she can appear there as a quest starring or small role
                        I wait for more info
                        I do not think it will be about Robin Hood or his merry men, but the star ship will be name Sherwood an that probably as far as the link goes, I doubt the captain will have a bow an arrow, or be called Robin. But tey probably will go around nicking of the rich evil galactic empire or something an giving back to the poor independent colonist.

I think they should leave Amanda out of it until the second or third season, let it establish it own universe, characters an actors first.

Comment

Not very original is it? Robin Hood in space. Basically it's a re-make of Blakes 7.
                          Last edited by Blencathra; 31 July 2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Cool sounds AWESOME. Have always loved the Robin Hood legend. And one set in the future and from this awesome team will be good. Hopefully SPACE will air it too.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              this just seems odd cause they just said they're on hiatus from Sanctuary right now and start up tuesday to go through until oct or so....I just dont' know when they'd have time to do much about it unless it's a case of Damian writing and them offering some support and someone else is doing all the heavy lifting.
                              Doesn't sound odd to me. Damian and the others have made mention over the past year of Damian working/writing on another project and them spinning ideas for other projects. Writing wise Damian can work on more than one project but being hands on producing on multiple projects is another story, same goes for AT & MW. Being EP's on the project and letting other people do the day to day hands on work is feasible. Sounds like they are finally building a production company that can run multiple projects.

Plus it's only in development (cross fingers that it makes it to series for them) and only a fraction of projects ever get to pilot stage and only a fraction of those get picked up.

I wish them well.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X