The Story of O2 (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Story of O2 (404)

Allison struggles to relate to her son and deals with inadvertent mayhem during Eureka’s Space Week festival, while Carter wonders if the Zoe he is about to visit at Harvard will be the daughter he remembers.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Hooray, Zoe! I missed her on the show, great to see her again I really like how they grew her character in this episode. Big step past where we were last year, and I love that even though it's a different universe she's essentially the same person.

It was a bit odd to see a cat in a dorm though...generally dorms don't allow pets. I loved the contrary reactions to the wet cat though, Carter smiling and Zoe giving it a pitying pout lip

I also found it a little odd that they got Kavan Smith to be Andy this time instead of getting Ty Olsson back. I kind of wish they had, I generally really like Ty Olsson in anything he does--especially as Sheriff/Deputy Andy.

But that's not to say that Kavan Smith did a bad job though. He didn't, he captured the character perfectly. I just wish they'd kept the first actor

Definitely wasn't impressed with Jamie Kennedy though. I wasn't looking forward to seeing his unfunny ass show up on Eureka, and I was (or was not?) disappointed by his performance here. He's an awful and unfunny comedian, and he's even worse when he's trying to be serious.

Fun episode though, much better than last week's. Much.

And is it just me or was that Leena from Warehouse 13 at Cafe Diem right at the beginning of the episode?
    Spoiler:
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought it was a lovely little episode (Yeah, even Jaime Kennedy was pretty funny. Digi's just biased). I loved me the Zoe stuff, she has grown a bit but there's still that awesome relationship between her and her father, so yay there. I'm thinking there's a reflection with how close Colin Ferguson and Jordan Hinson have become. It's sweet.

Also, props to Colin for his directing work in this episode. I always like it when the actors get to have behind the camera and the episodes turn out awesome - I'm optimistic Joe Morton's episode and Salli Richardson-Whitfield's will be just as cool.

Other things of awesome note: Larry being hilarious, Deputy Andy (I'll miss Ty Olssen, but Kavan was a riot and I'd love a running joke of different deputies. Constantly getting reskinned, like the Doctor. I wonder if there will be a female Deputy Andi), Allison's stuff (I'm really get to love the character again. No hard feelings about being chosen over Tess anymore), Fargo being large and in charge is great fun, and last but not least, the Jo/Carter friendship (OR IS IT SOMETHING MORE? Nah...) is getting cooler and cooler each episode.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Bias would be if Jamie Kennedy had stolen my girlfriend or something. Jamie Kennedy just sucks, that's not bias
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          And is it just me or was that Leena from Warehouse 13 at Cafe Diem right at the beginning of the episode?
          Spoiler:
          Nice catch, it definitely looks like it.
          imdb hasn't updated their page for 4.04 yet, and I don't think I saw her name in the credits anywhere (Genelle Williams?)

According to the credits Colin Ferguson (Carter) directed the episode which is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Bias would be if Jamie Kennedy had stolen my girlfriend or something. Jamie Kennedy just sucks, that's not bias
            He probably did. Your past is long and full of heartbreak.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Interesting episode.

-I really think Dr Grant has some ulterior motives or something.
              -Like Kevin's new character.
              -Not a fan of Allison playing dirty, it just seems ..below the character.
              -Kavan Smith is well suited to the role of Andy imo.
              -The A plot overall was interesting, although i would have liked more focus on the rockets. Seemed a missed oppurtunity.
              - The B plot was iffy. I liked Carter trying to catch the cat, but im not a big fan of stereotypical teenagers in college episodes (I guess to much of that in the last season of heroes proved that to me).

Comment

I liked the Eureka plot of this episode. I liked seeing Kavan play Andy, although it was odd to swap with no explanation. I liked seeing Zoe and Carter, their relationship still strong but the cat story was pretty weak. I'm still interested to see where this whole "time line" thing is going...I'm not loving it, but I still enjoy the show.
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't like Kavan as Andy. It's great to see him in the show, but the other guy played being a robot better. That said, I also don't like characters being replaced with new actors and I'm more fond of Kavan when he's holding a P90. It was said that Andy was being reskinned, so part of me hopes that the old actor will return but then that means no more Kavan and I don't want him to go either.

Other than that, is it possible for Jamie Kennedy's character to be a bigger douchebag? More than often, I was hoping Jo would punch him.

It was also cool that Colin Ferguson (Carter) also directed the episode. Was great seeing Zoe too, but I still want to know if she's any different. She seemed the same, but I am still expecting everyone to be different, like Apes or Robots.

sigpic

Comment

IMDB Synopsis: Allison deals with a major problem during Eureka's space week festival.

(LOVE HOW SHORT AND APPLICABLE TO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY EPISODES THAT SYNOPSIS IS.)

LIKED.....
                    I enjoyed this one. Another name guest star, Jamie Kennedy. It seemed to really hit all the notes well.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
                    (I'm not even going to write anything. The stuff I didn't enjoy was short enough that it was easy to sit through.)

So I would say the last two have been pretty okay. And one improving on the other.

The reason I posted twice, I thought I had already said something about Episode Three.

Comment

Working...
                    X