This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else disappointed.....

...with the commentaries on the SGU Season 1.0 DVDs? One of the things I looked forward to the most about getting each new Season of SG-1 and SGA was listening to the commentaries, but I was left somewhat cold by the SGU ones.

I miss having a variety of different ppl doing them, whereas on SGU it was pretty much the same ppl doing them over and over again. Plus, TOO MANY ACTORS! Let's get some more of the writers, directors, and producers in there, with an actor or two thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully the Season 1.5 commentaries will be better.

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
    ...with the commentaries on the SGU Season 1.0 DVDs? One of the things I looked forward to the most about getting each new Season of SG-1 and SGA was listening to the commentaries, but I was left somewhat cold by the SGU ones.

I miss having a variety of different ppl doing them, whereas on SGU it was pretty much the same ppl doing them over and over again. Plus, TOO MANY ACTORS! Let's get some more of the writers, directors, and producers in there, with an actor or two thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully the Season 1.5 commentaries will be better.
    I don't have the DVD set yet(waiting for sale) but oddly enough, a complaint from fans on SGA/SG1 dvd sets was too little from the actors!

Comment

Well what can you expect from a BSG and VOY clone
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

watched the shows (wont say how)
        wont be buying the boxsets like SG1 and SGA

SUPPORT PALESTINE

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          Well what can you expect from a BSG and VOY clone
          I don't know. Tell me when you find such a show
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
            ...with the commentaries on the SGU Season 1.0 DVDs?
            No! I absolutely loved them, and I was cracking up all the time.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I don't know. Tell me when you find such a show
              i am still searching , a bit of help would be nice , because a show like that would be good
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Well I would love to hear some commentary but still a great show and the reason I joined this forum

Comment

I'd love a show like that, you know where the original crew has to team up with their worst enemies to save the day and stuff
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I guess I'm not disappointed with that either. Are a crapload of extras great? Sure, but they're not necessary for me to enjoy something, and they certainly don't inspire disappointment.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

People still buy DVDs? Wow. Must be a lot of nostalgic people out there I guess.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        People still buy DVDs? Wow. Must be a lot of nostalgic people out there I guess.
                        DVDs haven't gone out of style yet. While blue ray is becoming more popular they haven't made DVDs go the way of VHS. Probably blue ray is so expensive
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I actually thought he SGU commentaries were the best I've heard, they're actually having a laugh rather than describing in a monotone voice how they achieved a particular shot.

Comment

I don't listen to commentaries anymore. It gets a bit too meta for me. I did love the basket of easter eggs with the Kino bits because that was more in-show content. I can only imagine listening to comments if I were studying film and really want to know how they did something.
                            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

To be honest, they're more full of anecdotes and squeeâ„¢ than anything else

Comment

Working...
                              X