No announcement yet.

Repackaged DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool and they fixed the gate, the original package gate had blue chevrons but was the SG-1 gate.

Comment

Yeah, I was waiting for something like this after SG-1 repackaging. They're in line with new SG-1 packages, too.

Comment

Well, I already have all 5 seasons of the old sets, so I don't think I will be getting these for a looooong time....

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
          Yeah, I was waiting for something like this after SG-1 repackaging. They're in line with new SG-1 packages, too.
          These fit with the SGU single releases. All of them are the same sizes

Comment

I really like the look of those.They look really nice and really cool.
            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

I've seen the SG1 versions of those, but not the SGA's. They pretty much have the SG1's at FYE

Comment

Redoing the SGA logo with the SGU font was unnecessarily silly. They should've just stuck with the original logo, so that the packaging would be consistent with how the logo appears in the opening credits.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I wasn't aware of MGM's intention to repackage the SGA DVDs. The official store on their site doesn't have these. Also, why would Michael be on the cover of one of them? He's only a minor character

An Amazon.com search doesn't reveal these either. Are they the Canadian releases? (under the main title they have the French title) Does that make the covers radically different? If they are the Canadian releases, why does it say: 'FoxConnect.com does not offer service outside of the United States. ' at the bottom of the pages? Are they real? Has this website been verified on the official Fox website?

Too many questions...
                  Last edited by x Varda x; 29 July 2010, 01:11 PM.
                  McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Redoing the SGA logo with the SGU font was unnecessarily silly. They should've just stuck with the original logo, so that the packaging would be consistent with how the logo appears in the opening credits.
                    I agree, didn't notice it before, now they are not so cool anymore, and why is Michael there.

Comment

Yes, why is Michael on a cover when he wasn't even a cast regular? Why not Beckett or Weir, who actually were major characters? I guess the merchandising!fail continues...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Yes, why is Michael on a cover when he wasn't even a cast regular? Why not Beckett or Weir, who actually were major characters? I guess the merchandising!fail continues...
                        Yeah, I was wondering about the Michael cover. Seems a touch strange. Perhaps if they were bringing out "The Wraith editions"... with Steve on the cover of Season 1... etc. I would buy that. Still, aesthetically, these covers seem quite good. Not keen on the SGU font though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                          I wasn't aware of MGM's intention to repackage the SGA DVDs. The official store on their site doesn't have these. Also, why would Michael be on the cover of one of them? He's only a minor character

An Amazon.com search doesn't reveal these either. Are they the Canadian releases? (under the main title they have the French title) Does that make the covers radically different? If they are the Canadian releases, why does it say: 'FoxConnect.com does not offer service outside of the United States. ' at the bottom of the pages? Are they real? Has this website been verified on the official Fox website?

Too many questions...
                          I saw Seasons 4 & 5 at a local Wal-Mart of these so these are U.S. versions. Why these new Atlantis DVDs can not be found online who knows

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                            I saw Seasons 4 & 5 at a local Wal-Mart of these so these are U.S. versions. Why these new Atlantis DVDs can not be found online who knows
                            Ah right, fair enough. It's just that when I have that many questions about a company or website, my mind immediately thinks dodgy... it doesn't help that part of my day job is to sniff out fraudulent companies
                            McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Already have the five seasons so not giving them any more money... but the attempt to make them fit with the sgu "look" is annoying...are they wanting people to buy the sgu half seasons cause they match???? just how dumb do they think people are?

oh a funny...at my local walmart they have TONS of the sgu season 1.0 & 1.5 -- can't seem to give them away but the sga and sg1 seasons keep disappearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X