Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Repackaged DVDs

Default Re: Repackaged DVDs

Cool and they fixed the gate, the original package gate had blue chevrons but was the SG-1 gate.

Yeah, I was waiting for something like this after SG-1 repackaging. They're in line with new SG-1 packages, too.

Well, I already have all 5 seasons of the old sets, so I don't think I will be getting these for a looooong time....

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Osiristi View Post
    Yeah, I was waiting for something like this after SG-1 repackaging. They're in line with new SG-1 packages, too.
    These fit with the SGU single releases. All of them are the same sizes

I really like the look of those.They look really nice and really cool.
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

First Lieutenant mysterywriter012's Avatar

I've seen the SG1 versions of those, but not the SGA's. They pretty much have the SG1's at FYE

Redoing the SGA logo with the SGU font was unnecessarily silly. They should've just stuck with the original logo, so that the packaging would be consistent with how the logo appears in the opening credits.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.
    (sig banner by Erin87)

You call it Oblivion, I call it Home (England)

I wasn't aware of MGM's intention to repackage the SGA DVDs. The official store on their site doesn't have these. Also, why would Michael be on the cover of one of them? He's only a minor character

An Amazon.com search doesn't reveal these either. Are they the Canadian releases? (under the main title they have the French title) Does that make the covers radically different? If they are the Canadian releases, why does it say: 'FoxConnect.com does not offer service outside of the United States. ' at the bottom of the pages? Are they real? Has this website been verified on the official Fox website?

Too many questions...
    Last edited by x Varda x; July 29th, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Redoing the SGA logo with the SGU font was unnecessarily silly. They should've just stuck with the original logo, so that the packaging would be consistent with how the logo appears in the opening credits.
    I agree, didn't notice it before, now they are not so cool anymore, and why is Michael there.

Yes, why is Michael on a cover when he wasn't even a cast regular? Why not Beckett or Weir, who actually were major characters? I guess the merchandising!fail continues...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.
    (sig banner by Erin87)

Lieutenant Colonel addicted_to_steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yes, why is Michael on a cover when he wasn't even a cast regular? Why not Beckett or Weir, who actually were major characters? I guess the merchandising!fail continues...
    Yeah, I was wondering about the Michael cover. Seems a touch strange. Perhaps if they were bringing out "The Wraith editions"... with Steve on the cover of Season 1... etc. I would buy that. Still, aesthetically, these covers seem quite good. Not keen on the SGU font though.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by x Varda x View Post
    I wasn't aware of MGM's intention to repackage the SGA DVDs. The official store on their site doesn't have these. Also, why would Michael be on the cover of one of them? He's only a minor character

An Amazon.com search doesn't reveal these either. Are they the Canadian releases? (under the main title they have the French title) Does that make the covers radically different? If they are the Canadian releases, why does it say: 'FoxConnect.com does not offer service outside of the United States. ' at the bottom of the pages? Are they real? Has this website been verified on the official Fox website?

Too many questions...
    I saw Seasons 4 & 5 at a local Wal-Mart of these so these are U.S. versions. Why these new Atlantis DVDs can not be found online who knows

You call it Oblivion, I call it Home (England)

Quote Originally Posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    I saw Seasons 4 & 5 at a local Wal-Mart of these so these are U.S. versions. Why these new Atlantis DVDs can not be found online who knows
    Ah right, fair enough. It's just that when I have that many questions about a company or website, my mind immediately thinks dodgy... it doesn't help that part of my day job is to sniff out fraudulent companies
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Colonel
    Second door on the left at the top of the stairs

Already have the five seasons so not giving them any more money... but the attempt to make them fit with the sgu "look" is annoying...are they wanting people to buy the sgu half seasons cause they match???? just how dumb do they think people are?

oh a funny...at my local walmart they have TONS of the sgu season 1.0 & 1.5 -- can't seem to give them away but the sga and sg1 seasons keep disappearing.

First Lieutenant mysterywriter012's Avatar

I was wondering why the SGA dvd's were disappearing off the shelves. Re-doing the cases never crossed my mind lol

Major

I'm sorry but I think these are HIDEOUS. I'm soooo glad I bought all my DVD's with the old style -- both SG-1 and Atlantis ones.. I see that people seem to think these as well as the new SG-1 packages are *BETTER*? Better how?

These are so ugly that if I didn't buy the DVD's before, and had to get them now, I would just throw away the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by General Jumper One View Post
    Cool and they fixed the gate, the original package gate had blue chevrons but was the SG-1 gate.
    Wow, never saw this. LOL epic Fail. Tough it is only true to the first season.
    http://email.faxem.com.au/download/files/01445/1279070/iStock_000010944279Small_Header.jpg
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

they are also repackaging SG-1, saw it at Wal*Mart

I wonder if there was ever to be a Blu-Ray release these are what the covers would look like, I wouldn't mind that.