BSG Actors/Actresses in New Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG Actors/Actresses in New Shows

This thread is a place to post articles, comments and such about BSG actors and actresses as they are moving on to new things so we can keep up with what they are doing now. I hope it helps.
    sigpic

Battlestar Galactica's James Callis joins the cast this season as the mysterious Dr. Trevor Grant. His character becomes a key factor in the changes that happen this season. That said, most of the details about who his character is and how he ends up in Eureka are under wraps until the premiere.
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/07/10-deve...-chan.php#more

I saw this in the Eureka thread and thought some of you may be interested in seeing him!
    sigpic

Comment

Well since BSG ended....

Eddie Olmos has been working on movies, which haven't come out yet.

Mary McDonnell did stints on Grey's Anatomy and The Closer.

Jamie Bamber is currently appearing on Law & Order UK.

James Callis did a few episodes of FlashForward and will be appearing in this season of Eureka.

Tricia Helfer has done a number of guest spots and one-off roles (Chuck, Warehouse 13, Mass Effect 2, Two and a Half Men, Starcraft 2) but no longer-term roles.

Grace Park has seen some success with roles in The Cleaner and The Border, and is currently shooting the Hawaii Five-O film remake.

Katee Sackhoff joined 24 in a regular capacity for 20 episodes, and most recently provided a guest voiceover for a Futurama episode.

Michael Hogan has done a series of guest spots (Warehouse 13, Dollhouse, Numb3rs, Mass Effect 2), but is not working regularly on anything in particular right now.

Aaron Douglas is playing Frank Leo, the lead character--a police union boss--in the CTV drama The Bridge. AFAIK it's been renewed for a second season.

Tahmoh Penikett quickly found work as a regular in the now-cancelled Joss Whedon series Dollhouse.

Alessandro Juliani has done a few guest spots, but has been most notable for a 9-episode stint on Smallville.

Michael Trucco made a prominent guest appearance in the second half of the rebooted V's first season. He's also done a 4-episode spot on Nathan Fillion's Castle.

Rekha Sharma meanwhile has also found work on V as recurring FBI agent Malik.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mary Mcdonnell was excellent on Greys Anatomy, she played a genius surgeon with Asperger Syndrome... I was hoping her character would be made full time, but it was only a 3 episode stint
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Michael Trucco: Stars in the new USA show Facing Kate
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facing_Kate
          Guest star: Richard Dean Anderson

Kandyse McClure: Persons Unknown in x episodes

Comment

I saw the title with tired eyes and read "BSG Actors / Actresses in New Shoes". I thought "that's nice for them, new shoes are lovely."

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Aaron Douglas is playing Frank Leo, the lead character--a police union boss--in the CTV drama The Bridge. AFAIK it's been renewed for a second season.
              Yeah, it was exciting to see the Chief himself plastered on billboards all over the place (I live in Toronto).

I was very, very excited to see James Callis on FlashForward. Great performance, too. Though it felt weird listening to him without the British accent.
              Michael Trucco also guested on an episode of Big Bang Theory, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by brucolac View Post
                Michael Trucco also guested on an episode of Big Bang Theory, if I remember correctly.
                Yes, and so did Katee Sackhoff. In a bathtub.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrUMfZjipw

Comment

Tahmoh was also on RIVERWORLD which was really really good

And Mary McDonnell will reappear in THE CLOSER in a three episode arc
                  sigpic

Comment

Lucy Lawless played a main character on Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I believe Tricia Helfer is going to be in the current season of Dark Blue on TNT starting in August.
                      sigpic

Comment

Alessandro Juliani is doing Shakespeare on Bard on the Beach in Vancouver - he plays Prince Hal in Falstaff and Henry in Henry V.

bardonthebeach.org/
                        SteveBacic.com, DanPayneActor.com,
                        BloodTiesCentral.com

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                          Lucy Lawless played a main character on Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
                          Of course, I can't believe I forgot about that!
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hawaii Five-0 (with Grace Park) - began filming today (07/15/10) - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...action.html#tp

Comment

Just saw May McDonnell in the 3rd episode of the new season of The closer and she was, of course, fabulous! Looking very sleek! Gods, I miss Galactica!
                              sigpic
                              "Science flies you to the moon.
                              Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

Working...
                              X