Stargate: Fait Accompli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Fait Accompli

For weeks now, there have been whispers behind closed doors, small implications and the rumors of something in the works. Now is the time for the reveal, and you've all been hit by... a Fait Accompli

Like a Phoenix, Fait Accompli rises from the ashes. An eclectic group of writers - and hopefully artists too - join together to tell a story. A simple and yet epic story of the pain of growth, and unforeseen consequences. We'll see deep political intrigue, soul touching drama, epic battles for survival and that garnish of dark humor that Stargate is so famous for.

Taking place immediately after SGU's first season finale, Fait Accompli follows the journey of Earth, SG-1, and the consequences of 13 years of growth and pain. There are those who strive with gods, and those who pay the price. The story is completely planned, with approximately 18 episodes/chapters in the works.

Disclaimer: All the writers involved in this story have their own respective series' and stories they're working on. Updates will take time, but the beauty of this series is that the burden is shared, and both I - Aragon101 - and SBZ have agreed to beta and edit to a high quality. While this story will take time, it will be thoroughly enjoyable. The relatively small size for a series also makes it - relatively - easily finished, especially with multiple writers. Each chapter is to be around 10k+/- words more or less depending on the specific situation.

The first episode/chapter has been finalized and posted. The Link is in the chapter list below.

This thread is for any discussion on the story, but planning is to be kept to the private group or email guys, don't wanna give too much away

One final note. this is a GEN story. No ship other than Canon Confirmed.

Story Created by Aragon101 (along with all the organizing and planning... he's been *****ing ever since.)

Editing by SBZ (and we all wub her for it )

Series Writers: (Links lead to stories by author)

Series Artists: *New artists are welcome*

Chapter List:
    1. Sky Falls Down - Written by Aragon101, Copyedited by SBZ
    2. Chapter title pending - To be written by Amann (tentatively coming mid-late July)
    3. Chapter title pending - To be written by Garrowan5th
    4. Chapter title pending - To be written by Col.Foley
    5. Chapter title pending - To be written by Garrowan5th
    6. Chapter title pending - To be written by Col.Foley
    7. Chapter title pending - To be written by SBZ
    8. Chapter title pending - To be written by Amann
    9. Chapter title pending - To be written by Aragon101
    10. Chapter title pending - To be written by Col.Foley
    11. Chapter title pending - To be written by Garrowan
    12. Chapter title pending - To be written by TBD (Tentatively SBZ)
    13. Chapter title pending - To be written by PuddleJumperOZ
    14. Chapter title pending - To be written by TBD (Still in talks, Stay tuned )
    15. Chapter title pending - To be written by TBD
    16. Chapter title pending - To be written by TBD
    17. Chapter title pending - To be written by PuddleJumperOZ
    18. Chapter title pending - To be written by Aragon101

Artwork:
    Series Wallpaper 640 x 480, 800x600
    *More to come!*
    Last edited by Aragon101; 01 July 2010, 11:42 AM.
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Massively magnificent start Sam, I can't wait to get into it
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

This sounds interesting. . .

And I LOVE the art. It's really really really really really really really cool.

I'll have to make sure to follow along.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        This sounds interesting. . .

And I LOVE the art. It's really really really really really really really cool.

I'll have to make sure to follow along.
        Or you could write Chapter 14 and 15 Aka

Comment

Or you could write Chapter 14 and 15 Aka
          Tempting. Let me consider. I don't do this kind of thing as well as you guys do.

And in shameless abandon, I let you know that Taken is done.
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Tempting. Let me consider. I don't do this kind of thing as well as you guys do.

And in shameless abandon, I let you know that Taken is done.
            I saw on my notifications, I'll be catching up again very soon Aka, and don't worry, you write beautifully, the way you handled Sam and Glinda was fantastic, and we have Aragon and SBZ to guide us, or kick our butts where appropiate

Comment

I saw on my notifications, I'll be catching up again very soon Aka, and don't worry, you write beautifully, the way you handled Sam and Glinda was fantastic, and we have Aragon and SBZ to guide us, or kick our butts where appropiate
              I shall consider. I only have a month until school starts again for the kiddos. We'll see. But you might want to run that idea by some of your other authors. I'm not everyone's cuppa tea.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

I shall consider. I only have a month until school starts again for the kiddos. We'll see. But you might want to run that idea by some of your other authors. I'm not everyone's cuppa tea.
                Cool Aka, I'll just give Aragon a bit of push

Comment

No comment.
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post

No comment.
                    Oh come on Sam, you're just busting to say something witty and profound...btw send an invite to Aka

Comment

No comment.
                      Oh come on Sam, you're just busting to say something witty and profound...btw send an invite to Aka
                      I can tell he's afraid I'll do something unconscionable. See? Told ya.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Comment

Sorry, Ray, I think that's a "No." Concise and effective.

But I'll read it and enjoy it!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Sorry, Ray, I think that's a "No." Concise and effective.

But I'll read it and enjoy it!
                            No.

That's a sigh of disappointment, not segregation.

Comment

No.

That's a sigh of disappointment, not segregation.

???????
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                              X