But What Did Chloe Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But What Did Chloe Mean?

I actually do not have thoughts on this topic or a major variety, but I did realize upon rewatch that her conversation with Eli may be considered slightly ambiguous.

Do we think she knows how Eli feels and accepts that? Do we think she knows how Eli feels and fearing she's at the end, wants him to know that she felt it too?

I really like what they've done here because it's actually very realistic. I have a friend who I had a rough approximation of this conversation (obviously less bleeding) and we've always been friends. This is just a pure speculation thread rather than a shipping thread.

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
    Do we think she knows how Eli feels and accepts that? Do we think she knows how Eli feels and fearing she's at the end, wants him to know that she felt it too?
    I think it was plain as day - she said that she wants him to know that she thinks he is a really great guy and friend, and that she isn't interested, but isn't just being a superficial friend. Eli, on the other hand, has feelings, and she knows it, so she acknowledged them. Hopefully this will get it out of the way so the characters can grow instead of walking around angsty all the time. Much like O'Neil in Doppleganger of SG-1 - he had to get over those feelings.

Comment

Yea, seemed like she does wants to be a true friend with him. She knows a bit more about him than she let on earlier, where Eli seemed to think that she was ignoring him with the "friendzoned" stuff.

Comment

I think Chloe has always been quite clear. Her feelings towards Eli are that she loves him (as a friend, brother, a war-buddy), however she is not in love with him.

She understands his feelings towards her, but she has never done anything to give him an impression that she felt otherwise. (Yes, she did use his feelings towards her to distract him during the insurrection, however, she did not do anything in that sequence which suggested her feelings for him had changed. She merely showed up which was enough to distract him.)

I believe Eli has now come to terms with the situation in that "...of course you do" moment, and has accepted that they will never be an item. I believe Eli will continue to be devoted to Chloe, however, he will move on in his relationships. I suspect that Eli will be portrayed as being more mature from this point. He will still have his comic relief moments, but he will lose a lot of the sophomore humor.

regards,
        G.
        Last edited by Gollumpus; 11 June 2010, 11:10 PM.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

it could also be that she indeed dose love Eli BUT dose not want to bail on Scot being stuck on a ship and what not

Comment

... I'd just like to say that this gives me a certain satisfaction because of all the people who seemed to think that Chloe spent the entire season using and abusing Eli's feelings.

I suppose some people could still come up with an argument as to why she might still have been doing that, but I think the scene was pretty clear in its intention to state that she has not taken his friendship for granted, and in fact, she values it as something so precious that she literally has never felt it before.

Chloe loves Eli, but not in a romantic sense. She knows he feels something more, and she may never be able to return that kind of emotion, but she would never dismiss his feelings either. This was an excellent scene, in my opinion.

Comment

It was clear that she likes him as a friend. It's quite realistic really. He went out of his way to please her and take care of her throughout the season but in the end she like most other women will fall for a hotshot like Scott. She didn't really abuse Eli in that she never played around with his feelings, it's just that Eli loved her so much and took real good care knowing he shouldn't expect anything more than her company. I feel sad for Eli.
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

This scene was so emotional and made me cry, just as chloe was. I really connected with this scene because i have experienced something similar many times myself, me being in Eli's position. This scene brought all those memories and emotions back
                sigpic

Comment

Chloe's line, "Why do you always react as if I've given a runner-up prize?" was a highlight for me.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Cholie is a user at least for the most of the season and this last scene gives me hope that she's comming out of her using and abusing Eli's feelings ways or mabye not
                    C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Chloe's line, "Why do you always react as if I've given a runner-up prize?" was a highlight for me.
                      It did make me wonder if she is now regretting using him before as she now sees how devoted to her as he is.

Comment

I think the point Chloe made about never having a true friend is a valid one. It may be that at first she was "using" him, but if so then that is simply because that is the only type of friendship she has any experience with. Now she knows better and sees him as a true friend, someone who's feelings matter to her. She hasn't lied to him, she hasn't led him on, and she has made it clear how much he means to her. Unfortunately for Eli, that devotion does not include attraction, but with a lifetime of experience (like many of us) I think he will get over it.
                        "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

I don't understand the "using and abusing" things that Chloe has apparently done, but I really enjoyed this scene as well. And I agree with MattSilver 3K in that that line was a very good one. It really made me realize how much Chloe values his friendship (as she's stated on multiple occasions) and I think it helped Eli realize that she doesn't have romantic feelings for him...but that her friendship is not a consolation prize.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

BFF set in concrete. May this new galaxy bless Eli with alien babes or at least in his dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                              Cholie is a user at least for the most of the season and this last scene gives me hope that she's comming out of her using and abusing Eli's feelings ways or mabye not
                              Huh? Its not Chloe's fault that Eli has a crush on her. I've never seen her use that feelings to get what she wants
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X