Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Destiny crew know that Young has permission to do what he has done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Destiny crew know that Young has permission to do what he has done?

When Telford was in the room and Rush ordered to vent the atmosphere, everyone seemed really shocked, Scott and Wrey both kind of told him to stop and the crew kind of thought it was a little far. My point is does Scott/Wrey know he has O'Neill's permission, i am just thinking if Scott did he many not have been so quick to tell Young to stop? The same goes for Wrey and the other crew?

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
    When Telford was in the room and Rush ordered to vent the atmosphere, everyone seemed really shocked, Scott and Wrey both kind of told him to stop and the crew kind of thought it was a little far. My point is does Scott/Wrey know he has O'Neill's permission, i am just thinking if Scott did he many not have been so quick to tell Young to stop? The same goes for Wrey and the other crew?
    they most likely don't know and I think that Young's line of reasoning was that the fewer people that knew, then the fewer people that would be responsible if it went wrong, hence his "it's on me" to Scott.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

No I don't think very many do know. Which I think may be a dangerous thing for Young to do is not telling people. As it might just hurt his reputation even more.

Comment

I would have to say no they don't. Young wouldn't have gone around telling people "I have permission from General O'Neill to 'do what I need to' to get information". He didn't know who he could trust at that point, and the fewer people who knew what was going to happen, the fewer would be able to stop him. That's why Scott was so angry with him right afterwards for not telling him what was about to happen to Telford. And I'm pretty sure Wray would have tried to stop Young had she known what he was about to do. Though Greer likely would have stopped her had she tried.

Though I also think Wray probably told people after the fact what had happened and what Young had done.

Comment

Good answers guys. It has been bothering me lately, you would think that telling them all would make things a whole lot easier. It may even get Wrey off of his case for a little while.

Comment

The only folks who may have known something was up were Greer and Brody. Brody had the set-up to vent Telford's quarters already to go. He may have been told by Young to prepare to vent that space, but he was likely not told why. In Greer's case he also was not told what was going on, but tell him or not, he would go along with whatever Young wanted to do to Telford/Rush.

Everyone else would be in the dark.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

The problem is O'Neill didn't really give permission... he walked out of the situation, and the throw away comment of "do what you need to do" or whatever it was doesn't equate to permission.

I wonder if Young started to chop of limbs if people would have been quick to see that as being done under O'Neill's 'permission'.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I don't think it really matters to the objectors if Young had permission from O'Neill or not--they were objecting to the morality of the entire situation of killing a prisoner (or detainee, as some people might correct me.)

The situation is played out here, for your consideration:

SCOTT: Sir, I object.

YOUNG: I know what I'm doing.

SCOTT: What you're doing is killing him!... without permission!

YOUNG: Oh, no man. I totes have permission from General O'Neill. Be chill.

SCOTT: Orly? My bad, sir. My bad. Carry on.--- Hey Wray! Yea, he has permission, so false alarm. Lol!

Comment

Working...
                X