Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Men - General Discussion

Hi,
    I did not found a thread for Mad Men, so I thought I should open one, if there is any thread like this, please close this then! I think Mad Men is one of the best tv shows that has been out there, and all its hype it gets, it lives up to it which really only a handfull of shows chould do it. i mean the actors, the music, the writing,... is so awesome, i was afraid i wont like it cause there is really no action in it, but it proved me wrong, the characters are just so well written, its always great to see it... although I am still at season one, i am looking for season four and I hope it gets at least two more seasons....
    sigpic

So I'll avoid spoiling things out of tags, but I will say that I'm very much looking forward to the start of Season 4! Season 3 was a blast, and the finale was fantastic, so bring it on July 25th.

Spoiler:
    I'm hearing Jared Harris as Pryce has been added to the main cast, which is frelling awesome. Jared Harris is always fun to have around (In Fringe too!), and the character's got great potential.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      So I'll avoid spoiling things out of tags, but I will say that I'm very much looking forward to the start of Season 4! Season 3 was a blast, and the finale was fantastic, so bring it on July 25th.

I am glad you like it too, as much as I love sci-fi shows, but with Mad Men, ... i know you can see the difference, if only actors like the man who plays don draper would play lets say in SG:U, it would be soo good...
      sigpic

Comment

Matthew Weiner discusses possibilities for Mad Men series finale

(no spoilers)

'Mad Men' creator wants modern ending for show

Matt Weiner has several ideas of how he'd like to end "Mad Men" at the conclusion of its seventh season — the biggest of which is that he wants people to like it.

Speaking with Grantland, the creator and showrunner says that the ideal endgame came to him while producing the recent fourth season.

"Do I know everything that's gonna happen?" says Weiner. "No, I don't. But I just want it to be entertaining and I want people to remember it fondly and not think it ended in a fart."

And one proposed non-fart ending would bring the series out of its time period and into the present day.

"I always felt like it would be the experience of human life," he says. "And human life has a destination. It doesn't mean Don's (Jon Hamm) gonna die. What I'm looking for, and how I hope to end the show, is like ... It's 2011. Don Draper would be 84 right now. I want to leave the show in a place where you have an idea of what it meant and how it's related to you."

Weiner compared the trajectory of the show to the Beatles album "Abbey Road," with its appropriately literal final track, "The End."

"There is a culmination of an experience of people working at their highest level," he says. "And all I want to do is not wear out the welcome."
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is one show hubby and I watch together.

I usually watch almost all sci-fi shows, but with all the hype this show got when it started, I decided to check it out. I wasn't sorry I did. Love the cast.....the writing.......

I am wondering how
          Spoiler:
          they dealt with January Jones' pregnancy. I don't think they wrote Betty as pregnant....but I'm not sure. As they say.....tune in!

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Well she had the baby in mid-September and the next season doesn't premiere until this spring, so it's possible they may have been able to avoid filming it entirely. Or even delay filming her scenes till after she had the kid.

Spoiler:
            Or I suppose they could write it in that she was having Henry's baby, since they're together.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The reason I was wondering about Betty is
              Spoiler:
              she isn't exactly the Mother of the Year type, is she? She seems especially mean towards her daughter. Someone I think maybe at the Emmy Awards red carpet, asked Jon Hamm about it, and he said he wasn't sure what they were doing. Heck, maybe they just wrote around her for awhile.

I'm not certain who I like more, Jon Hamm's Don Draper or John Slattery's Roger Sterling. To be honest, I
              Spoiler:
              liked it better when Don and Betty were still together. He's so successful at work, but at home he's just........not. Watching that relationship just crumble was sad, yet you knew it was inevitable. He didn't help matters with all his flings, and she didn't help by being such a cold fish. I don't even think Betty knows what makes her happy!

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

Mad Men to return on March 25 with 2-hour season premiere!

During its portion of TCA, AMC confirmed that the fifth season of Mad Men will debut on March 25. (Star Jon Hamm had let the date slip in an interview late last week.) But in a twist, the Emmy-winning 1960s drama will open Season 5 with a two-hour premiere for the first time in its run.

Comment

very much looking forward to this.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X