Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brian_177 View Post
    Would people be saying vent the gateroom if it had been Chloe that was stuck in there? Or Eli? Scott?
    It would not matter to me who it was.. Rather one life die than 10 or more.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    How do you expect the Soldiers to kill the stragglers when they also sufficated behind the Gate?
    Cause they would be wearng those suits... Ergo no suffocation them.

I say vent ALL the air out of the gateroom, and turn off the artificial Gravity. Not only would the lack of air disorient them, but with no gravity they would just go crashing into the wall. They wouldn't have time to figure out what was going on and open the doors before they passed out.
    I already said turn off the gravity.

Just had a thought, maybe Young should have radioed Keeva the minute the gate connected and bluffed her: "We have activated a force sheild on this side, and anyone who steps through will be instantly killed". Although come to think of it she may have called his bluff, particularly since the planet was blowing up around her.
    While i like that idea, unless they hapened to be on our freq, they would not have heard.

I would have had cargo containers placed in front of the gate with every man armed behind them.
    We know if there is enough stuff IN THE gate, it won't connect. So why not pile those cargo containers they took in the gateway..

I wouldn't void the atmosphere, I would increase the CO2 levels so they get knocked unconscious and don't die (straight away)...
    That is an interesting option.

2. Clear the gateroom, void the atmosphere, and dial UP the local gravity in the gateroom to as high as possible - 5G would be nice.
    A nice counter to my 'removing all gravity'

Comment

Bulid an expact replica of the alliance pyramid gateroom, so Colonal Serious leather shoots her own people to show how seriously upset she is about the stargate malfunctioning.

Or leave a note in the gateroom explaining there's a starbucks at the next gate the ship dials so they all go out for coffee. And then leave them behind
      Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
      Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
      Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
      Song: Louder!
      Dalek louder: Mercy!
      Song: One more time.
      Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

I completly agree with you,i believe the destiny could have controlled the amount of air in the gate room,i had the exact same idea,while every everyone is disoriented by the low level of oxygen,they wouldnt even been able to stand,let alone hold a gun or aim it well.
        great minds think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
          How about venting enough atmosphere to where they all pass out? I mean if there isn't enough air they would lose consciousness before dying....

Worst Case Give Rush CPR again...
          We all thought this. The simplest way was just to remove all the atmosphere before they entered (also because the boss woman kept sending men to the ship even though she didn't receive communications from the other side) and then CPR to Rush/guyIdont'trememberthename. Simple, clean and casualties-free.

Comment

Originally posted by kache View Post
            We all thought this. The simplest way was just to remove all the atmosphere before they entered (also because the boss woman kept sending men to the ship even though she didn't receive communications from the other side) and then CPR to Rush/guyIdont'trememberthename. Simple, clean and casualties-free.
            Do you know how many people actually survive after CPR is adminstered. Its not an overly high number
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Do you know how many people actually survive after CPR is adminstered. Its not an overly high number
              Look, in that situation the survival of that guy was not important, because the thing they risked (and they lost, at least for a while), was the safety of the crew (which is thenths of people).
              Thus, even if they didn't save him, it wouldn't matter, because the most important task (safety of the crew) would have been accomplished, and that was enough.

Comment

Others solutions:
                - Sleeping gas. They probably didn't have it, but we don't know what their supplies were, so it's a viable option.
                - Poisonous gas + antidote for the man to be saved. Already there or fabricated with the poison they took from the plant on that planet (the poison used as an anesthetic).
                - Grid of bombed kinos
                - Two electrical grids (one on the ceiling and one on the floor) and wires fixed on the ceiling (if they are fixed on both the grids they break when the enemies are shot trough the gate), delivering an 500V, 200A current.
                - Freezing gas (the one used on the guy on the chair in the 17th episode). All frozen and the guy saved by heating.
                - Create a shield inside the gate room to seal that room from the rest of the ship.

Basically, the thing which had to be done was making them inoffensive, one way or another, because the killing can be done later by the soldiers (one shot in the head for each and bullet bill sent to the relatives. ).

Comment

Those seem to be beyond our supplies and Destiny's capablities
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode is awful... I mean I like the idea and all but how it turned out... Only in the movies and well TV shows I guess... In real life I think any commander, civilian or military would've vented the room just like they did to Telford... Even Dr. Jackson would've done it and he is the biggest diplomat/humanitarian there is in the series. Venting the atmosphere wouldn't necessarily kill them either, at least not all of them.

Sorry to be posting 4.5 years later but I just watched the episode well am as I am writing this...

Comment

Working...
                    X