Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOST unaswered questions

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

That was nice, but it is just more questions , that what the problem was they didn't answer those questions ?
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

some of these were answered

most of the apparitions on the island are assumed to be the smoke monster

and they didn't ask the biggest question of all

what is the smoke monster

Comment

Like Joachim said most of those were answered.

Comment

I don't think there will be a show as awesome as lost .

Comment

That's an awesome list. Most of those questions weren't answered. And there's probably a few more that weren't either so they probably could have just kept going if they wanted.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

a lot of those were answered. a lot didn't need to be answered.

Comment

Two or three were joke questions, ONE was answered in the epilogue (supply drop), and the rest are the reasons lost make no sense when you think about it. (the best one is the fact that electromagnetism is able to send people in the afterlife and back, especially in an afterlife where peopel are able to be born and die too, sure...)

After alias and lost, i won't let myself get caught in an abrams mistery show anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                  Two or three were joke questions, ONE was answered in the epilogue (supply drop), and the rest are the reasons lost make no sense when you think about it. (the best one is the fact that electromagnetism is able to send people in the afterlife and back, especially in an afterlife where peopel are able to be born and die too, sure...)

After alias and lost, i won't let myself get caught in an abrams mistery show anytime soon.
                  The word "afterlife" in that sentence should give you hint as to what was happening with Desmond. I don't believe the electromagnetism was actually sending him anywhere. The electromagnetism brought Desmond so close to death that he essentially had a near death experience, which is why he could experience this afterlife. Desmond was unique in a way that somehow allowed him to be exposed to extreme amounts of electromagnet energy without suffering any lasting effect's, like dieing.

This explaination is what makes sense, whether or not its actually what was happening to Desmond, only the producers could tell you.

Comment

Yes, that could work, but still, i'm not sure they could answer the question, my guess is that they wrote themselve into such a mess that they played the emotionnal card to get a good ending anyway, and it worked. I loved the finale, it was beautifull, only when it ended i realised that this finale meant than half the show now consist of mysteries that will never be solved, and therefore became worthless episodes.

And what about people dying and being born into the afterlife ? Why was the island under water ? Why did juliet say "it worked".

No real reason for it, the whole idea was just to trick the watcher.
                    The problem is that it was so random, so,ce there is no reason for the island to be under the ocean in the afterlife, The way they shown it in the first episode was a complete cheat.

Too bad since in late season 5, she show had all the card to finish in a great fashion, the "Lock was wrong from the start" and was used by Smokey was fantastic. I can only say : if only they had the whole thing planned already drom season 1 and not made it up in the last few month like they did...

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                      Yes, that could work, but still, i'm not sure they could answer the question, my guess is that they wrote themselve into such a mess that they played the emotionnal card to get a good ending anyway, and it worked. I loved the finale, it was beautifull, only when it ended i realised that this finale meant than half the show now consist of mysteries that will never be solved, and therefore became worthless episodes.

And what about people dying and being born into the afterlife ? Why was the island under water ? Why did juliet say "it worked".
                      No real reason for it, the whole idea was just to trick the watcher.
                      The problem is that it was so random, so,ce there is no reason for the island to be under the ocean in the afterlife, The way they shown it in the first episode was a complete cheat.

Too bad since in late season 5, she show had all the card to finish in a great fashion, the "Lock was wrong from the start" and was used by Smokey was fantastic. I can only say : if only they had the whole thing planned already drom season 1 and not made it up in the last few month like they did...
                      Think it was explained by the producers and somewhat in the final episode that the world we knew as the flash sideways was created by the losties. They wanted so badly to get off the island and leave it behind forever that they created a world in there subconscious where the island never existed to them and never interfered with there lives. The problem was that the place they thought was the worst part of there lives, was actually the best part. It wasn't until they realized this and "let go" that they could move on.

As for why Juliet said "it worked", she was so near death that she could already see this "afterlife". When she said "it worked", she was refering to the scene between her and Sawyer at the vending machine. Juliet suggested Sawyer unplug and plug the machine back in, after which she said "it worked".

As for people being born and dying, we can only speculate. Since the flash sideways was created by the losties, it's likely that there subconscious memories influenced the world.

Comment

Yeah I'd say The fact that the island existed in the Flash-Sideways just to me seems like an attempt at misdirection that doesn't make sense any more when the truth is revealed. Why would they create an underwater version of the island they were on if they would never learn about it?
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Yeah I'd say The fact that the island existed in the Flash-Sideways just to me seems like an attempt at misdirection that doesn't make sense any more when the truth is revealed. Why would they create an underwater version of the island they were on if they would never learn about it?
                          That the only bit which does not make sense. I suspect they had a change of mind in the direction of the show at the last minute or they had a large CGI which they needed to spend an decided to make a underwater version of the island.

Comment

Actually showing the island under water was misdirection. I mean this is Lost, people should have expected misdirection. Hell, most of season 6 we were lead to believe this flash-sideways was an alternate reality created when jugheads core was detonated. But it being under water and non-existent to the Losties did have meaning.

If you want more answer's to questions that were left unanswered and more in-depth explanations to the ones that were, theres a Lost Encyclopedia out made by most of the creative team that supposedly answers a few questions.

Comment

Um...
                              1.What the hell was Jacob's House? I never understood that.
                              2.Why did Ben kill my fav character?
                              3.Why didn't the Smoke Monster take some other forms besides Locke and Smoke in Season 6?
                              4. Why did Smokey want Eko to confess in Season 3?
                              5.Why did Claire abandon Aaron in the first place?
                              6.What was the Island?
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X