No announcement yet.

Wraith weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think their weakness was leather. Without it, they'd lose intimidation, style points and a bunch of leather fetishists among the fans.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I've got a weakness: They Die.

But seriously I think it would be a weakness in the very base of there technology. Maybe a way to easily hack in, or a way to disable their ships in one hit, a power issue, some critically important but easily destroyable part of the ship, something fundamental.
      Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
      -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
      Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
      What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

The whole Aurora thing felt a bit strange for me. If I had that kind of vital information, I wouldn't start to move it with the technology Aurora was able to use. I find difficult to think that the Ancients couldn't have made a code that was very difficult to crack and send the whole message. If not, why not to go to the nearest Stargate?

The ep hints that it was all about information but Shep&co didn't know for sure. Maybe Aurora found a piece of (Asgard?) technology that was able to kill or some other way attack to wraith tech. Maybe the ship carried the item that couldn't travel through the Stargate (maybe because of its size) and the information was about the item that was going to be reverse engineered.

Edit: and what the weakness could have been... Basically anything but I like to think it was the weakness of all living things: they die. Apparently wraith and wraith tech cells can effectively repair their DNA (if they couldn't, radiation, toxins etc would cause bad, bad things). Maybe there was a way to effectively disturb the systems doing that and the ships, who face insane amounts of radiation not tuned down by atmosphere, would fall apart pretty soon. After all that was the reason the wraith dropped out of the hyper drive: the hives needed time to heal.

Or maybe it was a virus that could infect the wraith technology on hard ware level and kill it.
        Last edited by FromOutside; 26 May 2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting theories.

Since it was supposedly a weakness in Wraith technology, I am wondering if it could have something to do with the fact their ships are part organic. In "Infection" we saw that the retro virus Todd had get into the Hive ship and essentially incapcitate it. I am wondering if the Ancients had found a way to do something similar - to infect the ship in some way to render them useless - get rid of the ships and they can no longer get to planet to planet to cull.

Comment

If it was something to do with their technology, perhaps it had something to do with the way the Aterro Device disrupted their entire civilization's hyperdrive.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hello everyone!

Wraith ships and technology seems to "alive" and be part of the psychic network that the Wraith have.

I think that the information that the Aurora carried, was some readings of the Wraith Psychic network. For it seems that the Wraith is unable to use their technology without mentally linking to it. When Taylor flies a wraith hive, she says she "senses as the ships systems becomes available to her".

So if the Ancient could find a way to interrupt this link. The Wraith would be neutralized or at least be severely weakened. - It does seem like a possibility. As Taylor manages to corrupt both a Queen, and even take control of one. And she feeds the wraith false information when they fake the self destruct of Atlantis.

Turning the enemies strength into a weakness - wouldn't be the first time that tactic have won a war.

Comment

Don't you mean Teyla and Welcome to the forum! And I think the Wraith tech kind of works like the Goa'uld tech, then there is the Ancient gene, so I guess now everyone has a security feature, we have passwords

Comment

Exactly... even if the Ancients managed to take out the cloning facility they still had HUGE numbers to contend with. As Todd put it, within a matter of weeks the Wraith arm grew to thousands of times its original size at which point there was nothing the Ancients could do. Plus, the show alluded to a weakness in their technology

Comment

Exactly.... I always imagined that they'd found a way to hack Wraith technology because of a weakness in their firewalls (or equivalent)

Comment

I always kind of got the impression that the writers of the show described the Wraith as a race that could be rivals of the Ancients but then backpedaled on that when the series got green lite and watered then from Able to Fight and Beat the Ancients to just being Pests to the Ancients.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

It's not like they ever changed the backstory of the wraith defeating the Ancients.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Garlic. The Wraith weakness is totally garlic. They just don't know it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                            I always kind of got the impression that the writers of the show described the Wraith as a race that could be rivals of the Ancients but then backpedaled on that when the series got green lite and watered then from Able to Fight and Beat the Ancients to just being Pests to the Ancients.
                            I think they realized that if Hiveships could defeat Atlantis, there's no way that Daedalus could possibly stand a chance.

Note that after numerous discussions on the subject, i believe the presence and power of the Ancients in pegasus is vastly overestimated and what the Wraith defeated was little more than an outpost galaxy meant to buy time for ascension

Comment

Well just biologically speaking, any species with a single food source is always on the edge of extinction. Unless Wraith could feed on beings other than humans? Was that ever discussed? Could a Wraith "feed" on a cow for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Technocore View Post
                                Unless Wraith could feed on beings other than humans? Was that ever discussed? Could a Wraith "feed" on a cow for example?
                                It was never discussed, but i highly doubt it or feeding would not be such a big thing for them.

Originally posted by Technocore View Post
                                Well just biologically speaking, any species with a single food source is always on the edge of extinction
                                Especially when your food source is a highly intelligent species.

Comment

Working...
                                X