Wraith weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith weakness

The weakness that they have did we ever or will we ever know what it is?

I don't think they ever said but I always thought it was

Spoiler:
    the cloning facility powered by stolen ZPMs. If the ancients knew about that, the Wraith probably wouldn't have grown to such numbers. As an aside, I wonder if any ascended ancients went back to find out how they lost...
    My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

I think their weakness is their numbers and their food. If you think about it, the Asurans were right, if you eliminate their food supply then the Wraith will feed on each other until there are no more, and if they all awaken at the same time, then there isn't enough food for them all, then they start fighting each other. The Wraith only went to so much numbers is because of the war with the Lanteans, so if they knew about the cloning facility then they would have destroyed it and no more cloning, thus winning.

Comment

I feel like an Ancient ship on recon could find something better than that

Or the writers never intended to actually have a weakness besides numbers

Comment

True... we many never truly know what that particular weakness is that the Captain of the Aurora has mentioned. Pity, I'd like to know.

~Lady B
          sigpic
          Queen of HIVE 2O ~ SGC Operations ~ Tok'ra Resistance ~ Jaffa Legions

Comment

might have been the cloning facility, lack of new warriors would cause a turn of events.

might have also been something to do with their food supplies, we know that the lack of food makes Wraith weaker and easier to take down.

Comment

It was a weakness in wraith technology. That means a problem that would help in battle and effect there ships.

Besides, knowing about the cloning facility or the wraith's food supply problem wouldn't have helped that late into the war. It would have had to of been something drastic.
              Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
              -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
              Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
              What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
                I don't think they ever said but I always thought it was

Spoiler:
                the cloning facility powered by stolen ZPMs. If the ancients knew about that, the Wraith probably wouldn't have grown to such numbers. As an aside, I wonder if any ascended ancients went back to find out how they lost...
                yeah, I'm pretty sure the manpower is the most important thing when you fight with spaceships, which can be controlled by a few people
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

It was a weakness in wraith technology.

Captain: "I have vital information concerning a weakness in Wraith technology and when I deliver the communiqué in my possession, the tide will most certainly turn in our favor."

Sheppard: "Wait! According to the logs, the Aurora left Lantian space during the siege. That means the city had already been sunk to the bottom of the ocean."

This indicates that it is quite late in the war, which means that destroying the cloning facility would be pointless.
                  -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
                  What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

Has anyone considered the possibility that it was something invented by the Wraith infiltrator to try to probe their minds more effectively?
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                      Has anyone considered the possibility that it was something invented by the Wraith infiltrator to try to probe their minds more effectively?
                      No, because the whole reason we went to the ship was because the database said that the ship knew what the weakness was.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        No, because the whole reason we went to the ship was because the database said that the ship knew what the weakness was.
                        "Aurora" (SGA 2x09)
                        Spoiler:
                        CONTROL ROOM.

WEIR: What is it?

McKAY (indicating a point on a scanner screen): That is the signature of an Ancient ship called the Aurora. With the ZedP.M. now powering the city, we've been reactivating dormant systems. That one tracked the location of Ancient ships during the war.

SHEPPARD: A warship?

McKAY: See, look at his eyes all lighting up again. It's Pavlovian. I cross-checked the logs. They were on a reconnaissance mission. When we activated the ZedP.M., the city must have sent out some kind of an automated subspace beacon recalling ships back to Atlantis.

WEIR: How long before it gets here?

(Rodney turns and starts typing.)

McKAY: Well, given that it's at the edge of the Pegasus galaxy, let me see ... carry the four ... Forty-two million years. Should we go wait on the porch?

SHEPPARD: So we take a Jumper through the nearest Stargate, check it out.

McKAY: Clever, but wrong.

SHEPPARD: There are no nearby Stargates.

McKAY: Not within Jumper distance, no.

WEIR: Which leaves us only one way to get there.

Guess again.
                        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

It was a good guess

Comment

It is possible.

But that would ruin the point of this discussion.
                            -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Good thought, and one I hadn't considered. However, I suspect we actually found out the Wraith weakness. In S5, the Asgard have Rodney turn on the Attero device which destroys the hive ships when they enter hyperspace. However, it had a problem - it destabilized the gates, causing them to explode. Perhaps the Aurora found out how to disrupt Wraith hyperdrives without damaging the gates.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X