The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trek Trivia Thread

Hello my fellow Star Trek friends. I wanted to start an All Purpose Star Trek Trivia Thread where I will post daily Star Trek Trivia questions that will cover all the various Star Trek television series and movies. This doesn't mean I have to be the only one to post Star Trek Trivia or Question's, anyone can post up a question or a piece of trivia at anytime (it's appreciated). I also want this thread to be a place where you can share or learn any and all Star Trek Trivia and related minutiae.

I will mainly ask questions about TNG, DS9 and VOY, but I will also ask questions about TOS, ENT and the various Star Trek Movies. The questions will include - Multiple Choice Questions - Fill-In Questions - Multi-Part Questions - Character Specific Questions - Episode or Movie Specific Questions - and Guess the "Quote" Questions as well. Every once in awhile I will post a series of questions that will have to do with a particular character, episode or movie. I will also ask you occasionally to post your answers under a [spoiler tag] so everyone can have a chance to answer (but not always).

A lot of you know my prowess for Star Trek Trivia by the "All Purpose Star Trek Quizzes" I create and host on the DS9 superior thread. When I create and host future Quizzes for the DS9 superior thread, I will also post them up here as well. Now let's have some fun!.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Let's start off by tackling a question from each of the Star Trek television series (TOS - TNG - DS9 - VOY - ENT). These questions have medium difficulty level. Please leave your answers in a [Spoiler Tag] and NO Internet searches. I will post answers later this evening.

TOS: Scott is Scotty's last name - What is Scotty's first name?

TNG: In what season from TNG did Riker first sport his famous beard?

DS9: Who once stole the USS Defiant right out from under the nose of Kira?

VOY: How many years was the voyage back home from the Delta Quadrant orignally going to take?

ENT: What was the name of the town that T'Pol's great grandmother visited on Earth in the 1950's?
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      Let's start off by tackling a question from each of the Star Trek television series (TOS - TNG - DS9 - VOY - ENT). These questions have medium difficulty level. Please leave your answers in a [Spoiler Tag] and NO Internet searches. I will post answers later this evening.

VOY: How many years was the voyage back home from the Delta Quadrant orignally going to take?

ENT: What was the name of the town that T'Pol's great grandmother visited on Earth in the 1950's?
      Spoiler:
      Montgomery

Season 2

Thomas Riker

75 years

Carbon Creek
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

/\/\/\ How Awesome is this! /\/\/\ I guess you were serious when you said you were going to start The best darn Star Trek Trivia thread that has ever been brother Fifth Race. I am a huge Trek trivia fan myself, so I will be happy to help out by providing questions and related minutiae.

Great questions as always my friend. Here are my answers
        Spoiler:

1) Montgomery

2) In the 2nd Season of TNG

3) That would be Tom Riker -- William Rikers living breathing doppelganger

4) I believe that was 75-80 years

4) Carbon Creek Michigan
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
          /\/\/\ How Awesome is this! /\/\/\ I guess you were serious when you said you were going to start The best darn Star Trek Trivia thread that has ever been brother Fifth Race. I am a huge Trek trivia fan myself, so I will be happy to help out by providing questions and related minutiae.
          Awesome indeed!. I knew you had been planning and thinking about this thread for quite awhile now my good friend. It looks great and I know it will be a lot of fun for everyone that participates.

My Answers:
          Spoiler:
          1. Montgomery Scott
          2. Second Season
          3. Thomas Riker
          4. 70 years?
          5. Carbon Creek

Comment

Looks like we got some early takers. I see you 3 both provided answers properly under a [Spoiler Tag].

Brothers jelgate, USS Defiant and Starbase are good friends of mine, and they are also three of the most knowledgeable Star Trek and Scifi people I have ever known (True Trek Masters). They will be a great resource on this shiny new thread.

I got a "Guess the Quote" question for you. Give who said the quote, and where it's from (Hint: it's a Star Trek movie): "What does God need with a Starship?"
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
              I got a "Guess the Quote" question for you. Give who said the quote, and where it's from (Hint: it's a Star Trek movie): "What does God need with a Starship?"
              Not to sure on this one, but I will give a guess...
              Spoiler:
              I believe that is either Spock or Kirk from the Star Trek V: The Final Frontier because it was about the Sybok and his quest to find God. (wow that movie was pretty bad lolol)

Brothers jelgate, USS Defiant and Starbase are good friends of mine, and they are also three of the most knowledgeable Star Trek and Scifi people I have ever known (True Trek Masters). They will be a great resource on this shiny new thread.
              Thanks for the kudo's brother Fifth. Fellow Star Trek "ringers" jelgate, USS Defiant and yourself are true "Trek Masters".

Comment

Looks like we got some early takers. I see you 3 both provided answers properly under a [Spoiler Tag].

Spoiler:
                Kirk

Star Trek:The Final Frontier
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Knew them all but the T'Pol grandmother one, just couldn't remember that but knew it had to do with
                  Spoiler:
                  C at the beginning at the name

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    1) Montgomery
                    2) Season 2
                    3) Thomas Riker
                    4) 79 years
                    5) Carbon Creek
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Captain Kirk, Star Trek V, to the "god" being on Sha-Ka-Ree
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Montogomery

Season 2

Thomas Riker

75 years

Carbon Creek, Pennsylvania--which is apparently close to Doylestown if memory serves correctly.

The bonus quote was Kirk questioning "God" at the center of the galaxy in Star Trek: The Final Frontier.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got a set of questions for y'all, which I've coined the dirty dozen. They're from all over Trek lore.

1. Which of the following was a dish prepared by Neelix?
                          A. Nebula Soup
                          B. Red Alert Chili
                          C. Rodeo Red's Red-Hot, Rootin'-Tootin' Chili
                          D. Chicken Warp Core-don Bleu

2. How many Transwarp Hubs are there in the galaxy?

3. Which of the following Bolians was not an actual Bolian?
                          A. Chell
                          B. Boq'ta
                          C. Zim Brott
                          D. Mitena Haro

4. Speaking of Bolians, which Starfleet admiral enjoyed Bolian Tonic Water?
                          A. Nechayev
                          B. Leyton
                          C. Chekote
                          D. Rollman

5. Which of these same admirals especially liked Bularian canapés?
                          A. Nechayev
                          B. Leyton
                          C. Chekote
                          D. Rollman

6. A member of a powerful family known as the Ibix Dynasty served on the Xindi Council. Which member was it?
                          A. Commander Dolim, the Reptilian
                          B. Jannar, the Arboreal
                          C. Kiaphet Amman'sor, the Aquatic
                          D. Degra, the Primate

7. Which DS9 crew member, after a lengthy set of questions irritatedly once said, "I don't have a sex life."?

8. Which person claimed that a beta-tachyon pulse combined with antiprotons would increase shield strength by a factor of 10?
                          A. Reg Barclay
                          B. Data
                          C. Seven of Nine
                          D. Female Q

9. Which of the following supernovae was witnessed by the crew of the Enterprise-D?
                          A. Hobus
                          B. Beta Stromgren
                          C. Beta Niobe
                          D. Minara

10. When Traveler was introduced in "Where No One Has Gone Before," it was established that he was from which of the following planets?
                          A. Tau Cygna V
                          B. Tau Alpha C
                          C. Tau Ceti III

11. Which Klingon exclaimed, "I am as constant as the northern star!"
                          A. Gowron
                          B. Kahless
                          C. Chang
                          D. Martok
                          E. Duras

The last in the dirty dozen.

12. There are six Ages of the Tkon Empire mentioned by Data and the Portal in "The Last Outpost." Portal 63 was last awakened in the Age of Bastu, very long ago. The main star of the Tkon Empire went supernova in the Age of Makto 600,000 years ago. When Portal 63 was awaked in 2364 by the Enterprise-D and the Ferengi, which Tkon Age were they in?

A. Bastu
                          B. Cimi
                          C. Xora
                          D. Makto
                          E. Ozari
                          F. Fendor

Edit: I will be out for several hours. I will post the results later tonight.
                          P.S. I have many more of these kinds of questions floating around in my head.
                          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 24 May 2010, 04:33 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

/\/\/\ Holy Cow Batman, those are some tough questions brother Fuzz I love it!. LOL

1) B (what a great name) - gave the crew heartburn
                            2) I believe there were 6 that allowed the Borg to travel to all 4 Quadrants of the Galaxy.
                            3) D - Mitena Haro pretended to be a Bolian female to help kidnap Picard.
                            4) B - Adm. Leyton tried to give Sisko some Bolian tonic water when trying to take over Earth.
                            5) A - "Earl Grey tea, watercress sandwiches, and Bularian canapés" yummy LOL
                            6) C - Kiaphet was a member of the power Ibix dynasty that were members of the Xindi council
                            7) That sounds like Quark or Bashir?
                            8) D - The female Q who was jealous of Janeway
                            9) B - Beta Stromgren was the red giant from the uber great TNG episode Tin Man
                            10) B - I remember this because I always though Tau Alpha-C sounded cool.
                            11) C - The great Klingon Chang quoting Julius Ceaser
                            12) A - kind of an educated guess. Process of elimination.

Wow that rattled my brain. Took me awhile to think about, but I think I nailed most of them.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Time for the answers:
                              "What does God need with a Starship?" That would be Kirk from the pretty awful Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

TOS: Scott is Scotty's last name - What is Scotty's first name? Montgomery Scott

TNG: In what season from TNG did Riker first sport his famous beard? That would be the S-2 of TNG.

DS9: Who once stole the USS Defiant right out from under the nose of Kira? That would be Thomas Riker - William Riker's Copy/Doppleganger

VOY: How many years was the voyage back home from the Delta Quadrant orignally going to take? They estimated it would take 75 years to get back to the Alpha Quadrant

ENT: What was the name of the town that T'Pol's great grandmother visited on Earth in the 1950's? That would be Carbon Creek Michigan

I will have a another set of questions and trivia for tomorrow (Tuesday)
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X