No announcement yet.

Communication stones issues and glitches in Subversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could all be avoided if they used the secret handshake technique. Tried and proven to be effective time again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
      The way I've seen the whole accent situation is this. And please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I never considered, when two people use the stones, as swapping bodies. I know that's what it is, but I believe it's more of the minds of the two individuals swap, as opposed to bodies. So you have Rush's mind in Telford's body, but everything else is Telford. So Rush is speaking as he normally would, but because it is Telford's body (and vocal cords, throat muscles, etc) it sounds just like Telford, and without an accent. Also, I honestly believe in the situation Rush was in during Subversion, the least of his problems would be trying to hide or show an accent. He is just speaking normally, and the signals from his mind going to Telford is simply just normal speech. There isn't anything hindered or added to.

But like I said, I could be wrong. I always thought of it more that the 2 people swap minds, as opposed to bodies.

Also, since Telford's mind is in Rush's body, Telford could hold his own against Young, because of the combat training he's had. But the blows are being done to Rush (ultimately), and when Rush returns to his body, he won't be feeling so hot. So Telford in Rush's body, can hold up in a fight. But if he gets his butt kicked, it'll be Rush feeling the hurt later on. But I suppose Telford will be feeling some hurt from all that torture that was done to his body by the LA.
      Didn't the episode where pregnant Vala and Daniel switched address this sort of? Vala talked with Daniel's voice, but her manner of speech, like some of the cadences? or something were distinctly Valas. They showed her talking and Daniel talking in the tv that was hooked up to the camera that was recording her/him/whatever.

Comment

Yeah it's the visitor's mind and the host's body that others see and hear in their normal voices.

The only example we get of anything different is when Wray visits her girlfriend for the first time, and proves she's Wray by speaking Chinese.

The only time we get any hint of people having trouble adapting to a host body is Lieutenant James who couldn't deal with Amanda's disabilities, and then later Wray who could. I just wonder how Lt James managed to cut the connection to get back into her own...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
          I love the show, You all know the Cap'n is a superfan (So much so I just started singing "Superfan" to the tune of "Superfreak"). I feel the ball was dropped in a few basic areas involving body swaps.

First off, Rush should have still had a Scottish accent in telford's body. Mind you, he would have a Scottish accent and telford's voice, but an accent that should have been mentioned as the tip-off to kiva that it wasn't telford. Either that or show Robert Carlyle's chops at doing an American accent.

Secondly, we have already seen that Rush is no match physically for Young. How was Telford able to put up an effective defense against Young? I know we saw Rush able to take out people with surprise attacks, but Young should have been able to beat him handedly.

Opinions? Arguments? ponies?

Also, a bit of speculation
          Spoiler:
          the reason telford keeps passing off memories is because in reality, he has a Goa'Uld in his head
          Telford did not have Goa'uld in his head he was brainwashed like Teal'c in season5 (read the Spoiler)
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
          X