X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Marvel movie) news/speculation/discussion

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/13/...-the-avengers/

Samuel L. Jackson Says We’ll See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

When Samuel L. Jackson was signed to a nine-film deal by Marvel, you had to bet that part of the attraction of the deal was that he’d eventually get a pretty big role, if not a star turn, in one of the studio’s projects.

So far, Jackson’s Nick Fury has been a small part of the Iron Man films, and we know he won’t appear in Thor. But he will be in Captain America, and is likely to be a big part of The Avengers. Going beyond that, Jackson says we should expect a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie to follow Marvel’s team picture.

Jackson talked to RadioBigBoy (via CinemaBlend) and said specifically,
    The Avengers should start shooting some time next year, and then some time after that there’ll be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. movie.
    Cool!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

It had better star Clark Gregg in a bigger role. I enjoy this character a lot from Iron Man and Iron Man 2. I think this is pretty much the closest we'd get to a Nick Fury movie so I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam Jackson does with the role.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      It had better star Clark Gregg in a bigger role. I enjoy this character a lot from Iron Man and Iron Man 2. I think this is pretty much the closest we'd get to a Nick Fury movie so I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam Jackson does with the role.
      Well, from what I understand he's going to play a pretty significant role in the Avengers movie. So I think we'll be seeing what he does with the character then and there.

Though I'm still interested in what might happen in a S.H.I.E.L.D./Nick Fury movie, too.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

*yawn*

They've all been awful films IMO, I don't know why people keep going back.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          *yawn*

They've all been awful films IMO, I don't know why people keep going back.
          ?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Marvel movies.

Comment

Well, for the most part, they're, IMHO, rather enjoyable. (stuff I didn't like: Spiderman 3, X-men 3, Daredevil, the Punisher before War Zone...something else I may have forgotten )

Granted, they're not 'deep' or 'groundbreaking', but 'fun' nonetheless. As some of my friends put it: the most recent one, Iron Man 2, was mostly 'fan service', but still worth the ticket price for a fun couple of hours.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Marvel movies.
                Haha, you're funny.

I can't wait! I think SHEILD is great, although I don't know much about them beyond Nick Fury, Scarlet Widow, and the cowboy dude(forgot his name).

Comment

I've enjoyed most of the Marvel movies in their own way, be it the recently released Iron Man 2, the movie that started off the recent Marvel movie craze (which is Blade, as it showed money could be made from comic book movies, while X-Men showed even more money could be made if the movies had a low enough rating for kids), or the Incredible Hulk TV movies.

sigpic

Comment

Marvel Considering 'Iron Fist' & 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Movies, 'Black Panther' & 'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' Too!

Beyond "Runaways," little is known about Marvel's plans for how to proceed once "The Avengers" lands in theaters. Speaking with MTV News, Marvel studio chief Kevin Feige discussed some of the possible projects they're looking at as follow-ups to the "Avengers" franchise once all's said and done on Iron Man, Thor and Captain America's first big screen team-up.

"I think what Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction have done with 'Iron Fist' lately is exciting," Feige told MTV News. "I think 'Black Panther' and Wakanda has some amazing potential to be a feature film. 'Doctor Strange,' as you've mentioned. There are some obscure titles, too, like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' I think they've been revamped recently in a fun way in the book."

Of course, Marvel already has its fair share of established characters that could carry their own film, such as War Machine, Black Widow and — most especially, considering his reported nine picture deal — Samuel L. Jackson's very own Nick Fury. Is it possible that fans will ever see a Fury-centric film? "I think the answer is yes," said Feige. "I think S.H.I.E.L.D. could be it's own franchise. I think, frankly, 'The Avengers' is going to be told from that point of view more so than any of the other films at that point, so we're going to get an inside look [at how S.H.I.E.L.D.] operates."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06...of-the-galaxy/

Comment

Working...
                    X