Communication Stones on Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Stones on Destiny

OK, just a curious question. If the Ancients left a communication stone devise in the Ori galaxy.If they left a few in the Milky Way. One know device in the Pegasus galaxy. Did they incorporate some kind of device on Destiny for when they would eventually arrive on the ship? If yes does that mean there a communication room on board Destiny that we have yet to see.

There could be. I mean we know they haven't had a chance to thoroughly explore the entire ship. And since they have very limited control of the systems, there is still much to be discovered.
    sigpic

Comment

it would actually work quite well if there is. you could get rid of the stones for however many seasons they want with always the possibility of finding destiny's own stone device.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well since the Destiny was launched during the height of the Ancients civilization, supposedly after spliting with the Ori. The technology already existed even before the creation of the stargates. So it is possible.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
          OK, just a curious question. If the Ancients left a communication stone devise in the Ori galaxy.If they left a few in the Milky Way. One know device in the Pegasus galaxy. Did they incorporate some kind of device on Destiny for when they would eventually arrive on the ship? If yes does that mean there a communication room on board Destiny that we have yet to see.
          I have hypothesized that there is one, which imo would explain how
          A) the blue alien had one
          B) how they can manipulate it and
          C) why they are interested in Destiny.

They some how managed to get aboard once, found that room but got off before they could figure out more.. most likely a while before the crew got there.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            A) the blue alien had one
            B) how they can manipulate it and
            C) why they are interested in Destiny.
            The Blue alien had one because rush always kept one on his person, this was explained in the episode, as for how they activated, tht is yet to be seen, there must be a way to activate them without the ATA gene, even thou this was how they did it in other series, they have already stated the stones were in use in the ori galaxy, which by far pre dates the ATA gene requirement tech, it may just take a high level of concentration and focus.
            sigpic
            THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
              The Blue alien had one because rush always kept one on his person, this was explained in the episode, as for how they activated, tht is yet to be seen, there must be a way to activate them without the ATA gene, even thou this was how they did it in other series, they have already stated the stones were in use in the ori galaxy, which by far pre dates the ATA gene requirement tech, it may just take a high level of concentration and focus.
              Well I think it's sort of explained in Avalon part 2:
              LEE
              These stones were originally set for General O'Neill and one Joe Spencer.

DANIEL
              Barber from Indiana.

MITCHELL
              Yeah, weird guy. I read the file.

LEE
              Well, anyway, after a lot of tedious, although, I must say, ultimately very brilliant work if I do say so myself,…
              (Daniel places his hand on Lee's shoulder to stop his tangent)
              …I was able to reset the stones.

MITCHELL
              Don't they have to be activated by someone with the Ancient gene? Same file.

LEE
              Well, that's what we thought at first, but no, like a lot of Ancient technology, the stones actually just need to be initialized.

MITCHELL
              By someone with the gene. That's a guess.

LEE
              No, you're right. Which these obviously have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                The Blue alien had one because rush always kept one on his person, this was explained in the episode, as for how they activated.
                It was only speculated. Not confirmed.

Comment

It was only speculated. Not confirmed.
                  Well then, how they got their hands on one? I don't think Rush is an expert in ACS, for them to get all the technical details to emulate it in an so short time period. For me it is more that confirmed, even if it was not shown or stated that Rush had one from the beginning of the show.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

i have noticed a slight continuity error since uv posted tht transcript from joe spencers ep, all the stones on destiny are coded to a specific person when they activate them and then they have to wipe them for someone else to use them, so this would mean joe spencer wouldnt have been able to use the stone as he wasnt the one that activated it. also their telepathic abilities have disappeared too from what u see on the show.

Another case of continuity cuts i guess
                    sigpic
                    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                      Well then, how they got their hands on one? I don't think Rush is an expert in ACS, for them to get all the technical details to emulate it in an so short time period. For me it is more that confirmed, even if it was not shown or stated that Rush had one from the beginning of the show.
                      As mentioned, rush did say that the blue aliens have been there before (iirc), so it is entirely plausable they had penetrated the ship some how but got booted off.

Comment

As mentioned, rush did say that the blue aliens have been there before (iirc), so it is entirely plausable they had penetrated the ship some how but got booted off.
                        Well the fact that they apparently can attach to the hull and cut through it while her shields are still up and that they had a ship once attached to her, suggests that the Blue Aliens had been aboard Destiny at least once. Probably when they first discovered her and because she was leaking atmosphere, did not have life support on or wasn't pressurized thus the aliens could not stay aboard for long term to study her. Especially if she keeps jumping into FTL every few hours. It also seems that they're space traveling capabilities is slower than Destiny's. They seem to arrive like X amount of time after Destiny drops out of FTL. So they probably don't have much time to get back aboard again, hence why they attack her in the hope perhaps to knock out her FTL drives and thus stranding her and make it easier for them to get aboard again.

Anyway, back to the communication stones. I'm waiting for a SNAFU with the stones... like an accidental gender swap. Now that would be humorous.

Comment

Working...
                        X