X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only it was real (?)

Hello

I have just joined this forum, and have just read the discussion on 'Stargate Conspiracy', and it got me thinking.

How many of you TRULY wish the 'Stargate Universe' was real. That there was a network of stargates to other planets, and (perhaps more worryingly), that the go'auld were a real alien enemy out there. It would certainly put all our world problems into perspective wouldn't it.

On a slightly different note, as a follower of the series, i have been interested in the ancient history side of things and have often thought there was perhaps a kernel of truth in amoungst the fiction.

Well, every myth and legend allegedly has some fact to it. Who knows what's out there? There is a lot of stuff to ponder. It you are interested in learning more about people who think that we were visited long ago and that the ancient gods were actually aliens, then you can:

- Check out the books by Erich Van Daniken (check spelling) -- Very interesting, thought out, gives some 'proof'
    - Do a search for planet 'Niburi' -- IMO that is a load of bogus, its an interesting read, but I don't take it seriously (doesn't seem thought out well enough to me)

If you sit down and think about it, it would make sense if the ancient gods were actually people. Many of the gods contacted humans on many occasions, and even bred with them. They had families, sons and daughters of the gods.
    Theres a lot of information out there if you're into this stuff.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It would almost certainly shut a lot of nutters up at any rate if it was true. Even if it didn't - I suspect theu'd be a large movement of refugee Tau'ri offworld if things went completely to hell.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

i truly do want this to be real...some ppl are so condescening about the "fact" that people are the only "intelligent" life in the universe...for crying out loud get over yourselves....blah! i think meeting the asgard or encountering the goa'uld would humble ppl really quickly. plus, if earth was going to hell...it would be nice to know that the human race could survive somewhere else...
        My flickr photography.

Comment

If it was all real, cheyyene mountain would be covered with us nutters

Comment

Hehe... funny you should mention this...

Up until last august, my uncle worked as a colonel in cheyanne mountain. I asked him where the Stargate was on our last visit out there and he kinda laughed and said "See that mountain with all the antennas. It's right in there."

So there it is. Proof. The Stargate IS real. Okay, there is a <i>slight</i> possibility that Uncle Mark was being a <i>little</i> sarcastic, but I reserve the right to remain blissfully ignorant of that postulation.

It's the weirdest thing though... my uncle bears an uncanny resemblance to Sergent Siler...

Comment

Lol well it's definatly possible, does your uncle carry around a huge honking wrench, then it's gotta be real

Comment

I wish it'd be true, because then I acutally have a reason to go into Air Force...I just like the idea of exploring other world and protectin the planet than going into Iraq.

Comment

Much as I like the idea of instantaneous travel to alien worlds, I'm not sure I care for a variety of powerful alien races being supremely pissed off at us. On the show, SG-1 always (or mostly) wins. But reality would be very different. I don't wanna wind up with a snake in my head. Or char broiled with the rest of the planet. Or turned into Replicator chow.

Comment

Mom? Can I have a replicator? I'll feed it every day, and remember to give it walks, please please please please please PLEASE?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger

- Do a search for planet 'Niburi' -- IMO that is a load of bogus, its an interesting read, but I don't take it seriously (doesn't seem thought out well enough to me)
                      You are absolutely right about the 'nibiru' planet. For anyone who doesnt know about it, it is supposed to be a planet that is in the far reaches of the solar system on which ancient gods live(d) and which will eventually upset the Oort cloud of comets outside the Solar System, sending massive comets toward the inner Solar System to bring an apocalypse to the inner planets. IMO (and those of many astronomers like me), Anything outside the orbit of Neptune which is too small to be observed properly by ground- or space-based telescopes is either too small to do anything devestating, or isnt there at all. Even if it were out there and too small to see, it wouldnt even be a planet if we discovered it. I trust that all of you know about Sedna? If you dont, just say so and someone (if not I)will explain. Theyre saying that Sedna can, for now, be considered a planet. However, if astronomers find more objects up there like Sedna, then Sedna and the other objects similar to it are to be considered objects belonging to the Kuiper Belt(Again, if theres anything anyone doesnt understand, just ask and I or someone who knows who gets to it before me will explain)
                      Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Well I think that there must be more Intelligent life in the universe, but I couldn't imagine if stargate was real... could I marry Daniel?? HAHA
                        TEAL'C: "I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O"
                        JACK: "Call Daniel"

Comment

I´d love it if FTL travel was possible but I´d rather not have the system lord for neighbors. There really needs to be more green alien babes races out there

Comment

I wouldn't want it it be reall because :
                            -as a civilian i wouldn't know about the stargate and not be involved - boring
                            -if i do find out about the whole stargate thing, it would be because the earth has just been taken over by a goa'Uld!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Much as I like the idea of instantaneous travel to alien worlds, I'm not sure I care for a variety of powerful alien races being supremely pissed off at us. On the show, SG-1 always (or mostly) wins. But reality would be very different. I don't wanna wind up with a snake in my head. Or char broiled with the rest of the planet. Or turned into Replicator chow.
                              The US Air Force will save us!

Comment

Working...
                              X