Discussion and speculation about Destiny - Human centric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion and speculation about Destiny - Human centric

At the very beginning I really believed that Daniel Jackson was just a part of Rush's imagination but his continues appearance and the part where he stopped Rush from disconnecting gave me doubts that this is ship's conscious and this conscious is aware of what's happening.

Further more I think that this conscious mind of the ship doesn't have controls over it. This may be some kind of safety prevention system or smth.

So what you think after this episode, you think ship is conscious and aware of what's happening around?
    The cake is a lie...

Interesting idea. The case could be made that it was just Rush's investigative side or whatever, that made Daniel Jackson act the way he did, but I could also see that perhaps the ship was manipulating him.

Maybe the ship is conscious and acted through him, who knows. Maybe a conscious ship with a wicked sense of humour would explain the random sighseeing stops it's seems to be taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
      At the very beginning I really believed that Daniel Jackson was just a part of Rush's imagination but his continues appearance and the part where he stopped Rush from disconnecting gave me doubts that this is ship's conscious and this conscious is aware of what's happening.

Further more I think that this conscious mind of the ship doesn't have controls over it. This may be some kind of safety prevention system or smth.

So what you think after this episode, you think ship is conscious and aware of what's happening around?
      I think the ship has a form of Artificial Intelligence (AI) whether it is rudimentary or can be interacted with remains to be seen. It would make for an interesting development if the AI is sentient enough for the crew to start to communicate with it; although I don’t think it will be.

Comment

In before the:

"OMG they are ripping off Andromeda now, like they are doing with BSG!!!"

Comment

I don't think it's sentient, but it has a lot of automated functions. The closest thing to sentient life would be the Atlantis hologram which turned out to be a real ascended Ancient, but since Destiny is pre-ascention, there goes that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post

I saw Jackson stopping Rush from leaving the dream as more Rush's subconscious trying to make amends for the transgressions in his real life, much like it was Rush who chose that specific time period in his life to go back to. Rush had already got what he went in for, he just didn't realise it until another part of his subconscious told him "you've already figured it out, you just have to see what's right in front of you."

Theoretically, that kind of thing is already possible, if you can stimulate the right part of the brain with just the right amount of electricity. The Ancients have just had a few more years to get that technology right.

Comment

Folks

Keep spoilers out of your thread titles please. And the best title isn't part of a sentence, it's a simple description of the topic.

thanks
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                I think the ship has a form of Artificial Intelligence (AI) whether it is rudimentary or can be interacted with remains to be seen. It would make for an interesting development if the AI is sentient enough for the crew to start to communicate with it; although I don’t think it will be.

Actually to me, what would make more sense is that the ships AI is limited in what it can communicate with and it picked using the Dr Jackson image from rush's brain as it felt he would be trusted by Dr Rush.

Comment

Working...
                X